Seoul

The Necklace

[JiYong's POV]

After all these year, I finally get to see her again. It's been too long and I just don't know how to react. When I saw her still wearing that necklace that I gave her, I was touched. It meant that I had never left her since that day.

I remembered how everything was so sudden, I came home from school one day to see my mom and dad busy packing everything. There were boxes everywhere. "Mom? What's going on? Why are you guys packing?" 

"Get your things, JiYong. We are leaving this place," said my mom in a stern voice.

"But why? What is going on? Aren't we living happily here?"

"GET YOUR THINGS NOW AND MEET US IN THE VAN NOW!"

I did what I was told and packed my stuff while loading it in the van. After everything was packed, there were about to leave. 

"Dad, wait! I need to say goodbye to JiEun and her family first."

"No time for now, we need to go NOW!"

He grabbed my wrist and lead me into the van, after that we drove off. Me and my parents didn't talk at all in the car but after a while they said,"We are moving to Seoul."

"WHAT?! Why didn't you say that earlier, I didn't even had a chance to say goodbye."

"Remember your audition for YG Entertainment? They called back this morning to say you were accepted and that you had to be at Seoul by this weekend but with a condition. We have to move there to live. So we packed everything and sent them to the moving company and now we are flying there."

"You could have called me at school! At least I can be prepared but all you did was take me away without knowing anything."

"It was for your own good! Do you have any idea how long we have waited for that phone call? Don't you want to live your dream JiYong?"

"I do but..."

"No buts! If you want to live your dream then this is the price you need to pay."

And the next thing I know, I was on a flight to Seoul. After that, I was a trainee at YG Entertainment and debuted under the group BIGBANG. It was tough for us at first but after releasing our song Lies we became a hit and we are currently promoting our new album MADE.

I wanted to contact JiEun all those years when I was still a trainee but our company had a strict rule and that our manager had to watch over us 24/7 so I couldn't. As time passed, I just didn't want to pick up that phone and call her anymore cause I knew she would have moved on from me by that time. And judging that fact that JiEun doesn't listen to K-pop I don't think she knows how I am doing now and I don't even know how she is living her life now.

But there she is right in front of me in my flight back to Seoul. I wonder why is she heading there, alone too but I guess this is fate. Maybe if I am lucky, I might be able to meet her again and maybe even have a conversation with her.

She was like a little girl in the playground thorughout the entire flight, I kept stealing galnces at her through the gap between the seats in front of me. She was fascinated by the amount of in-flight ovies avalaible and was even fascinted by the in-flight menu. She is so cute and I fould out she still has her habit of biting her nails when she is excited. I saw her do that again, when we were about to land.

I wonder what wonders will happen for us in Seoul.

[JiEun's POV]

OMG this flight has been amazing! The in-flight food was delicious and the seat was super comfy. I watched tons of movies and dramas on-board. When it was time to relax and read my book I went to the music selection, my sister has been bugging me to listen to K-pop more often especially since I will be living in Seoul soon but I'm not that really into Kpop. I'm more into English songs and so is my sister so I don't why she is asking me to listen to K-pop when she isn't in to it as well.

When we were about to land, I lifted up the window shade and saw a spectacular view of Seoul.

I bit my fingernails when I saw it, it has been a habit of mine for years and I can't seem to stop. I always bite my nails whenever I get excited. 

When we landed I felt really giddy, I am about to start a new life here and I know it is going to be amazing!

After getting my luggages and heading out to the arrival hall, I was shocked to see the amount of people there. It all felt like they were waiting for someone special. Right when I was thinking about it, a group of girls ran right past me and ran around a group of guys. 

"They must be celebrities," I thought. If I were into K-pop I might have ran into that direction but I am not so yeah I walked away.

I kept searching for someone holding a signboard with my name and then I saw it.

'WELCOME TO SEOUL, LEE JIEUN.' It said.

I went to the person holding that sign and said,"Hi, I am Lee JiEun."

"Hi JiEun welcome to Seoul, I am Jung Yuri, the head of the students' exchange program here in Seoul. Here is the schedule for today. We are heading to W Hotel now to meet up with the other exchanged students and then you will meet with your host family. Ok?"

"Sounds great to me, let's go!"

[JiYong's POV]

The fans mobbed us again at the arrival hall, I accepted some gifts, took some selfies and signed some autographs. However, I kept searching for JiEun. It was hard looking for her when all the fans were surrounding us but I saw her walking up to a lady who held a signboard with her name. I also saw that the signboard wrote 'FROM THE STUDENTS' EXCHANGE PROGRAM COMMITTEE'. That means JiEun is here for a student's exchange program and not a holiday! Our manager did say that we are going to perform in random high schools soon and if I am lucky I might be able to perform in the school JiEun is studying in but the chances of it is only 1% since there are so many schools here. 

I just hope I am lucky enough to see her again.

[JiEun's POV]

I reached the hotel by 6.30pm and went straight to the ballroom. Ms. YooRi told me that all the other exchanged students would be there, I was quite sleepy due to jetlag but managed to cope. There were around 20 students there and we chatted for a while. By 7pm, Ms. YooRi went up to the podium and intorduced all the hosts and matched us together.

"From LA, Ms. Lee JiEun will be staying with Park SoHyun and her family."

I heard a girl squealed ,went up to me and lead me to the seat next to her. When both of us were seated the held her hand out and said," Hi my name is SoHyun and you will be staying with me for the next 6 months." I shook her hand and said,"Hi I'm JiEun. Thanks for having me."

All of the students and hosts had a buffet dinner at the hotel. After that we all head to our new homes. SoHyun is really chatty and told me everything about her. Here are the facts that I gathered:

  • She is the same age as me 
  • She goes to Seoul high which will be the school that I will be attending to
  • She loves to cook and hope that I will enjoy her home cooking

and after knowing the three points about her above, I feel asleep. I think she didn't know that I feel asleep cause I kept on hearing some voices in my sleep. 

We reached her house around 8.30pm and her mother came out to welcome me. SoHyun looks a lot about her mother and she is very friendly too. They two of them helped me to take my things into the guest room. SoHyun told me her dad works the night shift at a factory so I would only be able to see him tomorrow. 

I felt super tired after unpacking and feel asleep immediately but I did send a message to JiSoo.

'Just reached my new home and I am super tired but I will talk to you tomorrow tell mom and dad that I am fine.'

I sent a message to Kate too,

'Hey, I just reached my new home and everything is going great here but I'm currently suffering from jet lag talk to you tomorrow.'

And then I slept like a pig.

Luckily it was a Saturday the next day and SoHyun woke me up by 11am. Her family had cooked me a tradisional Korean brunch and it was delicious. SoHyun was going to bring me to Hong Dae today to do some clothes shopping and also let me to have a chance to enjoy Seoul city life.

When we arrived there, I was shocked to see the amount of people there. There was SOOOOOOOOOOO many people there and I felt so lost. SoHyun woke me up from my trance and guided me through the busy streets of Seoul. We went into many shops and shopped till we dropped. SoHyun insisited that I wore some of the clothes that we bought on the spot and pretty soon I felt like a Korean girl inside and out.

My OOTD thanks to SoHyun

I also had the chance to try so many food like tteokbokki, tornada potato, goldfish bread and so much more! We stayed there until the evening when a lot of the street musicians would come out and sing. SoHyun told me that Hong Dae was famous for street musicians and every single on of them played lovely.

Around 8 pm, we were about to call it a day and go home. Both of us were super tired, just as we were about to leave the streets of Hong Dae I stopped my tracks when I saw a cardboard cutout of a person that was too familiar.

Those eyes, his nose, his mouth, that face. It had to be him but why is he a cardboard cutout? SoHyun saw me stopped walking and asked,"Is everything ok? You looked like you have seen a ghost or something?" What she didn't know is that I did see a ghost from the past, staring right back at me in a cardboard cutout.

"Sohyun, who is this?"

"Oh yeah, I forgot you weren't into K-pop. That is G-Dragon, he is the leader of a group called BIGBANG."

BIGBANG, why does that group ound so familiar? Yes, I remembered that group was just in U.S. the other day and had their tour there. The news was reporting it for a while stating how it was the first Korean group that held multiple concerts in the U.S. and attracted so many people and this person was the star of it all. Just to confirm who he was, I asked SoHyun.

"G-Dragon? Is that his real name?"

"Ah no silly, G-Dragon is just his stage him. His real name is Kwon JiYong."

I froze when I heard those 3 words.


[A/N] Hey guys whats up Gingerrulez here again. Chapter 3 is finally up and I hope you liked it. I'll keep trying to update you guys as soon as possible. Once again thanks for reading this and comment your thoughts down below. See you soon :)