Solution

The Necklace

[A/N] Hi guys! I know it's been a while since I last updated this story but I am back and ready to get things started again! I know my last chapter was really really bad so it took me a while to get things sorted straight so I hope this story gets better and better! Anyways read on! ALso please note that this storyline happens two months later.


[JiYong's POV]

Ever since that little talk I had with YongBae, we have not spoken a word to each other ever since. It's teh first time he two of us ever felt so distant. I didn't mean to lie to him. Although he seems very strong on the outside, inside he is very gentle and he hates being betrayed. We have known each other for so long and we have never once lied to each other except now. 

It's already been 2 months since I've talked to him. We had no promotions during that time because it was our break but still the members to meet up all the time preparing for our comeback plus the continuation of our world tour but we still did not speak a single word.

There was this one time when there were only the 2 of us in the dorm. Daesung, Seungri and T.O.P hyung all had individual events they had to attend. I had just came back from a photoshoot and I saw YongBae at the couch watching a television program. I dragged my heavy footsteps to the couch as well but he must have heard me cause he dashed to his room. Our eyes meet as he entered his room, his eyes were so cold and lifeless. 

What have I done?

Thinking back to this situation, I knew this had to stop and the only way was to consult the source of this JiEun.

I guess it's time.....

I picked up my phone and typed the words so fast it was as if my phone screen was about to crack.

Meet me at the park tonight, same time as usual.


I pretended to go to bed at 11pm but all i did was just toss and turn on my bed, all I could think about was JiEun and for some reason my heart started beating so fast. Everytime I see her I just get really excited.

The first time we met was when I first moved in. I was 10 and she was 5. I stood at our lawn looking at two sibling playing tag at their lawn. When JiSoo tagged JiEun, she ran after JiSoo but tripped on the rocky sidewalk. I ran over and helped her to check and see if there were any wounds but as I did so she touched my arm and said,

"Tag, you're it."

And that's how everything started.


I had set my alarm at 1.45am just to remind me to get ready. It's only a 5-minute walk to the park but I didn't want to keep her waiting. I grabbed my phone and wallet and headed out. I opened the door of my room carefully and headed out, the last thing I need is someone catching me sneaking out again especially YongBae.

The walk to the park was quite peaceful, I hardly have any time to just walk on the streets of Seoul and be myself. The night breeze brushing across my face as I headed there. We have meet each other so many times already but everytime I head to the park, I get this giddy feeling in my stomach.

When I arrived at the park, she was already sitting on the bench with her back facing me. The moonlight illuminating on her silky black hair, there weren't any street lamps near the bench but one right opposite it, the orange light acting as a background for her silhouette.

I slowly walked walked up to her and stood right behind her, bend my body and whispered right into her ear. "Did you wait long?"

She scareamed like an actress from a horror movie and ounched my arm.

"You scared the living daylight out of me!"

"Well, technically the term you should use is nightlight cause it is night now," I grinned.

She rolled her eyes.

She was wearing a grey cardigan and a rabbit beanie which I gave to her last time we met, she always liked bunnies since she was young but her mother never allowed her to keep one as a pet. It was black in colour with a bunnie face on top plus two bunny ears sticking out and she looked super cute in it. 

As I sat down next to her, I noticed two coffee cups nest to her. She must have caught my eye because she passed me one immediately.

"There is an awesome 24-hour cafe near my place and it sells the best hot chocolate there so I thought I get one for each of us."

"You remembered that I can't drink coffee didn't you?"

Her face flushed with bright pink and she nodded her head.

I reached out a patted her head, "Thanks a lot." As I grabbed the cup, her fingertips brushed against mine and I had this tingling sensation passing through me like an electric current. She pulled back her hand and looked away, I don't know if that was a good sign or a bad sign.

We just sat there for a moment, just sipping our hot chocolate and passing the time. I wanted to talk to her but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. She got some cream on her lips while dinking her hot chocolate and I was holding back myself from kissing the cream off her lips. Why does everything abiut her seem so perfect? He ;ong black silky hair, her dark brown eyes, her full lips, her nose. 

Is this what it feels like to have a crush on someone? To fing everything about them so perfect and wanting them to be yours?

If that's the case, I think I might be......

 

 

Falling for her.

"Oppa, why did you call me out?" Her words broke the silence surrounding us.

I told her everything about how distant I had become to YongBae, how I felt like losing a brother whom I cherish a lot. My voice started cracking and I felt something on my face and when I touched it, I realized I had been crying. I dare not look into JiEun's eyes, it would be embarrasing for me to let her see my vulnerable side.

"I just don't know what to do."

And suddenly I was comforted by her hug, it felt so sincere and warm. I hid my face in her embrace, maybe I needed a hug all along. She smelt like flowers and she whispered into my ear,

"I know what you mean."

Then she told me about her BFF who hasn't been replying her messages as well. Who knew that we would be facing the same problem and we were just hiding like this, not taking any action and making everything worse. In that moment, I knew what we had to do.

"Are you free tomorrow?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Come and meet the members, I want them to meet you too."

"What?! But what of the papparazi follow me and find out where you guys live, or what it they don't like me or or or...."

She kept giving me randon excuses and her hands were pointing franticly. I grabbed her hands and said,

"It will be fine."


[JiEun's POV]

When he had said those words, I had felt reassured. I don't know what got over me but I felt safe when I am with him. 

"Alright then, I'll come but where are we going to meet up?"

"Come to our dorm."

WHAT?! I felt my cheeks getting red and I started biting my nails which I only do when I am nervouse, excited or flustered and in this case FLUSTERED. Going to the place that he lives in, what am I going to do?!

"Silly don't get nervous. I'll text you the address and be there by 10.30 and if your host family ask anything, just make an excuse up, OK?" he grinned. He just looks so adorable when he grins, no wonder so many fangirls fall for him.

"So it's a deal then, I'll see you tomorrow. Also JiEun, try calling your friend instead of messaging her, it must be hard for her without you for this 2 months so I give it a shot."

Walking back to SoHyun's house, my mind went crazy.'What am I going to wear?''How should I address them?''Should I bring something?'

The whole neighourhood was dead quiet but my thoughts were so loud.


The sunlight shone on face causing me to wake up. I groupe around looking for my alarm clock, '8.45am' it said. Two more hours till I meet BigBang but before that happens, I need to get something done.

I picked up my phone and Skype Kate. After a couple rings, she picked up and I saw her face for the first time in two months.

"Hi."

"Wow someone decided to come out from hibernation."

"Kate, I'm really sorry I didn't mean to not reply your messages, it's just that I was so busy with all the new things here and there wasn't anytime and I'm really sorry and I fully understand if you never want to talk to me ever again."

"Shut up silly, I'm not mad at all. JiSoo has been filling me in on everything and I understand, but just don't ever do that again. K? I don't want to lose my best friend."

We ended up chatting for an hour, we had to hang up because she was getting tired and I had to get ready but that one hour of conversation didn't feel like we haven't chatted in ages but as if we had done this everyday. JiYong was right, sometimes you've got to take the first step.

I wore a white laced dress, it has a collar plus a ribbon in the middle and the bottom of the dress is a lilttle puffy. I hope that I am not overdress for the situation. What if they think I am overdoing it?

I opened the foor and was greeted SoHyun's mom and the scent of her amazing food.

"Morning sunshine, you look amazing today!" Her smile was so sweet and it reminded me of how my mom would call me every morning, I wonder how she was doing?

"Morning auntie, it smells amazing here. What have you prepared?"

"Just the usual, why don't you have a seat. SoHyun left early this morning to complete a project for art class so I guess you are stuck here today."

"Erm, actually I was planning to do some personal sightseeing today, although I've been here for two months I still haven't manage to see all of Seoul yet."

OMG that was the lamest excuse ever. What am I doing?

"I see, do you want me to accompany you? I can show you some of my favourite sights around the area."

"It's ok auntie, I'm sure I'll be able to find my way, I'll call you if I need any help."

After breakfast, I went out to buy some doughnuts before heading to the dorm. It took me a while to find the apartment because I am not so good with directions. I kept walking down the wrong street. Finally, I found it, the apartemnt was 30-storeys high and it had a modern look to it but it looked very majestic and huge. The shadow of the apartment overcast on me and it felt like it was goign to eat me.

I took a deep breath and stepped in.

His dorm was located on the 20th floor and the wait for the lift felt like an eternity.There were only two lifts in the apartment and one was under maintenance so the wait was quite long.

When it arrived, there were so many people coming out of it. I quickly squuezed myself into the lift or else I have to wait for another turn.

It was just me and an old lady in the lift. She entered after me as I held the door for her, she smiled at me and I smiled back.

"What floor?" I asked.

"18th", she said"I've never seen you here before and I am sure of that because I was one of the first tennants who moved in."

"Oh, you are right I don't live here, I am just visiting an old friend."

"Well, you friend is lucky to have such a beautiful friend like you." Ding! The robot elevator voice said "18th floor"

"Nice meeting you and hope that one day we can meet again. Bye."

I smiled at her and the door closed. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

Ding! '20th floor'

Well, it's now or never.