Back At It Again

The Necklace

[A/N] Hello hello! Your weekly update is here! College is getting better(?) I guess haha but I managed to finish up 2 4-page essays in 2 days, so that is something that I am proud of hahahaha


[JiEun's POV]

When he was in front of me on one knee with that cheeky, gummy grin of his.

I feel so complete in that instant.

And I knew that Kwon JiYong was the one for me. 

We will fight through everything together.

When he asked me that question, my obvious answer was "Yes, you idiot".

I lunged forward to give him a big hug, tears were coming out of my eyes. 

We both fell on the floor, giggling like two little kids. The way we were when we first met.

Even thought JiYong-oppa was my first love, he will be my last love too.

As we got up he slowly slid the ring up my left ring finger.

"It's beautiful," I said.

"The ring or the person wearing it?"

"Hmmm, what do you think Mr. Kwon JiYong"

"I think future Mrs. Kwon will be the prettiest"

He tucked my hair behind my hair, as we gazed into each other's eyes.

And we kissed.


That night, I crashed at JiYong's place, aka the dorm. 

I still feel sorry for him to be selling away his fancy mansion.

But we will make it together.

He promised that one day we will buy a huge mansion together and live there for the rest of our lives.

As the morning sunlight peered into the room, 

I opened my eyes to find me in JiYong-oppa's arms and him looking at me.

"Good morning beautiful"

As we walked out of the room together the rest of the members looked at us, eyes bulging.

We came back quite late last night, so I'd figure they didn't know I was crashing at their place.

The members had promised to live together in the dorms first and to stay united as a group until the release of their next album.

Oh yeah, Big Bang is releasing a new album yeah!

They did discuss with YG regarding JiYong-oppa's situation.

To be honest, JiYong-oppa was the one who wanted to release a new Big Bang album and everyone opposed him at first. 

We are all worried about his health, but he ensured he will know his limits. The album will have 2 title tracks, one a ballad and one a pop song. 

Apparently, the album will be finishing up by this week.

JiYong-oppa wanted to make sure that I was there when they first perform the song live and that had to be in this month.

He did try to extend my trip in Korean but I don't have any visa or official documents so I will be out of Korean by the end of this month.

But now since we are engaged, I guess I could extend my visa?

For the comeback, YG said he will tell the choreographers to make sure the choreography for the pop song will be not too tough so that he can keep up. 

"HYUNG! WHAT DID YOU GUYS DO IN THAT ROOM LAST NIGHT" squealed Seungri "Naughty, naughty"

"Shut up maknae, if you keep having those dirty thoughts I will hit you with a frying pan"

Seungri pouted his lips.

"Good morning everyone, sorry to be crashing here without a notice. I hope you guys don't mind"

"Of course we don't-HOLY IS THAT AN ENGAGEMENT RING YOU ARE WEARING" yelled Daesung.

I hadn't realized that I had been rubbing my eye with my left hand.

All four heads were looking at JiYong with the expression, "You owe us an explanation".

JiYong raised both of his hands up, "Alright, alright. Yes I did propose to JiEun yesterday. She said yes."

Daesung and Seungri were screaming as if they had won a prize or something and ran over towards me.

"You will definitely be the prettiest bride ever!" 


[JiYong's POV]

YoungBae-hyung and TOP-hyung came to me after I announce my marriage.

"Let's talk in private, shall we? Since those two will be keeping her busy."

I nodded and we headed to my room.

"She's the one?" asked TOP-hyung.

"She's the one".

"So what are you guys gonna do now?" asked YoungBae-hyung.

"First thing first, we need to release our album. I want this album to commemorate something, it's been 11 years since we debuted and I think that we should make this count-

I paused

"Also, I am afraid this might be my last album"

"JiYong-ah don't say that. You have a fiancee now, you have to make sure you can be better so that you and her can start a family together," said TOP-hyung,

"Hyung, I don't even know if I can make it. Although it says that I am getting better but like it's not good enough yet"

"Ya, you better get your mind straight. You can do this. We will make sure our comeback will be a bang and then you will  get married to her and have a happy family together ok?"

I took a deep breath and nodded.

I will do this. I will get better and be an awesome G-Dragon and a wonderful husband to my future wife.


Narrator: That Friday night, Big Bang released two new MVs and a new album with a total of 8 songs. 8 being JiYong's lucky number. The views increase immensely and it was the number 1 trending topic for all around the world. Proving their popularity and power that they have in the music industry.

That Saturday, JiYong and JiEun went to the US Embassy in Seoul, where JiEun managed to get her visa. That Saturday evening, JiEun moved out of SoHyun's place, her whole family was shocked. JiEun could not give out much details even though they had been living under the same roof for 5 months. All she said was that she had personal stuff to do and that she had quitted the student exchange program. Which she did.

JiEun even decided to take a year off from high school and that next year she will be retaking her final year in high school. She decided that she would get through this hurdle with JiYong together. Her parents respected her decision.


-Sunday, Inkigayo stage-

[JiYong's POV]

Here we are, back at it again with the promotions and everything.

But this time it is different, I have JiEun with me backstage in the dressing room.

She looked like a lost puppy when she entered.

"Welcome to the life of a celebrity," I told her.

She followed us throughout the whole day, from sound check to dress rehearsal to the live performance.

She never let me out of her sight to make sure I was ok, which I am. The pressure in my lungs has greatly decreased after I proposed to her which is strange but I remember my doctor saying that my psychological state could actually help heal me as well. If I had the urge to live and be better, the antibodies in my body will be able to 'fight' back against the cancer cells.

Maybe that is what is going on in my body right now. I hope that is the case.

When it was time for the live performance, she was at the side of the stage cheering me on. 

Before I went on the stage, she gave me a kiss on the cheek. 

"Break a leg, I'll be here on the sidelines cheering for you."

We performed wonderfully, it felt great to be on stage again. It's been a while since I did this.

Seeing the sea of yellow lightsticks made me realize how these people actually connected to our music, the music that I was writing and performing.

I had a purpose again.


After performing, I was a bit out of breath which did worry JiEun but I ensured that this actually happens in every performance so there is nothing much she should be worrying about.

At the end of the broadcast, all the artist gathered to the stage once more.

It was time to announce who had won the prize of the best song for the week. It was us against BTS and I have to admit their new song DNA was good.

I didn't really bother about the results, we did our best that is all that matters. Plus BTS's popularity is soaring so high lately.

But then I heard, "The first place goes to Big Bang".

I was truly shocked.

The members passed the microphone to me to say a few words,

"I want to thank the members for all their hard work and YG-Ceo for always being there for us. Also I want to thank the many love we are receiving from our VIPs. Thank you for loving us even though it's been 10 years, please continue to support us in the future as well"

I was about to stop my speech but then I caught sight of JiEun.

"Also lastly, I want to especially thank one person who has always been there for me. I know things have been rough but you and I managed to pull through together. So this special shoutout goes to this person. Thank you so much".

As I head to the side stage, JiEun came to me and gave me a big hug.

"Good work today G-Dragon, well done indeed. All your hard work has paid off."

"Thanks to you, my lucky star".

We took a selfie together with the trophy at backstage afterward.

And I direct messaged JiEun to send her that picture.

Well I thought I did.

Only to wake up the next morning, 

and realized that I had uploaded to my instagram account.

Comments were flooding in, rumors were spreading.

I had even put the caption "Thank you my lucky star"

How am I going to handle this?


[A/N] That is it for this weeks update! Thank you all so much for your continuous support, to be honest I never expected my first fic to be this long. I originally just wanted to try writing a fic and probably end it by chapter 10, and here we are now. 23 chapters in and still not stopping. But I think I will probably not go over chapter 35? Who knows haha but till next week! Thank you all once again!