Truth.

The Necklace

[A/N] Sorry I know I should have updated last week! However, last week was a week of goodbyes since I am leaving for college. Anyways back to the story!


[JiYong's POV]

"Good, because I want you to feel like family with me. I promise to share everything with you." 

Saying this line actually killed me inside and I am sure it wasn't the cancer killing me but it was my heart.

JiEun always looks so bright, cheerful and bubbly.

I wondered if I actually told her about the cancer, will she still be like this?

Will she still be able to still smile from her heart


[JiEun's POV]

That Thursday night, JiYong-oppa texted me.

"Picking you up from school tomorrow, dress code casual with a denim jacket."

That was sudden.

That Firday, I headed out of school to see that familiar Lambhorghini in sight.

He was leaning on the passenger seat, his signature gummy smile appeared when we caught sight of each other. Wearing the couple denim jacket that we got a while back

Where are we going so right now?

"You shall find out soon."

Ahhhh, Kwon JiYong and the mysterious aura he brings around all the time.

------30 minutes later------

"Ehhhhhhh, oppa!!!!!"

The familiar smell of popcorn and churros, the screams of people due to the thrill or fear, the sights of attraction rides such as the ferris wheel, roller coasters, viking ship etc.

"Welcome to the amusement park, Lee JiEun."

It had always been a dream of mine to go to the amusement park with my future boyfriend one day. The two of us hand in hand while waiting in line, eating churros together and riding all the rides.

Looks like today it is going to be a reality.

We went to the shop first to get our headbands, everyone knows that headbands are a must in amusement parks.

I got myself cute bunny ears and JiYong-oppa got devils ears which really suit him.

"Nice choice because you really are the devil."

"Really? Then you should hide because I am coming to get you."

Having a celebrity boyfriend does have its advanyages though, we didn't need to queue up for any of the rides since we've got fast passes.

We went to the viking ship first and I was so excited.

JiYong, on the other hand, was not.

As soon as the safety bar came down, he was holding on to my hand.

"It's.....it's....it's not that scary is it?"

"Oppa! Are you scared?"

I patted his head, "Aigooooo don't be, I'm right here."

"Alright then the viking ship will now start have fun!" said a voice announced on the speakers.

"WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW"


[JiYong's POV]

Yeah, I am not a big fan of these rides but JiEun didn mention to me before that she personally enjoys these type of rides so as a responsible boyfriend I should accompany her.

But I think my mentality flew to Mars while riding the viking ship. I was clinging on to JiEun's arm the entire time and my screams were horrid.

There goes my image.

JiEun was laughing at me as soon as we got down from the viking ship.

"Oppa, why didn't you tell me that you couldn't handle these type of rides."

"Who said I couldn't, I just didn't like the inclination of thw viking when it went up, it was too steep for me."

"If you say so"


[JiEun's POV]

JiYong decided to take a break after another 3 rides, he couldn't take it any longer.

I feel bad for him though, he knew I'd always enjoyed riding the intense rides. 

Anyways, we bought 2 churros and shared a cup of coca cola. JiYong purposely ordered 1 drink and put 2 straws on it.

"Oppa, why didn't you order a drink for me." I asked while sipping onto his straw.

"So that I could do this."

He leaned forward and our eyes locked with we were about 5cm apart.

Even though we have been going out for a while, it always feel likei it's our first date.

For our end-of-the-day highlight, we went on the ferris wheel.

I've never been in on before also I do have a fear of heights. JiYong doesn't know about it.

I closed my eyes as I sat down beside him. Not wanting to look outside as we slowly inch away from the ground.

"JiEun, why are you closing your eyes?"

"Nothing oppa, it's because I feel tired."

"Oh really?"

The tone of his voice was questioning me, which made me sneak a glance outside.

I decided to close my eyes longer and tighter.

"Oppa, can you tell me when we reach the top. I will close my eyes a lttle longer."

"You're afriad of heights aren't you?"

"Whattttt no I am not."

He patted my head took me by my shoulder, "Aigoooooo my JiEun can ride all those scary roller coaster but can't handle a ferris wheel because she *cough* *cough* is *cough* scared of heights."


[JiYong's POV] 

At first I thought it was just a slight tickle in my throat but then after the second cough came the blood.

Luckily Jieun was closing her eyes, I dind't want her to see this. 

I got my handkerchief to wipe off the blood and thank god JiEun still kept her eyes closed.


[JiEun's POV]

I saw him coughing blood.

At first, I thought he was just coughing but then he kept on coughing and coughing.

I could sense him moving frantically as if he were searching for something so I opened my eyes slightly so that he wouldn't know that.

He took out his handkerchief to wipe his mouth and cough some more, that's when I saw the blood.

Something wasn't right.

Another few minutes have passed before JiYong told me that I could open my eyes.

The view was amazing and I wasn't scared at all because my fear is based on when we are going up. Looking to see myself getting further and further away from the ground freaks me.

However, seeing that view with JiYong by my side. It was perfect.

"JiEun, why don't we take a selfie together?"

He looked so pale suddenly, his lips were white as well but I didn't want to bring it out.

After taking the picture, he himself was shock to see him so pale.

"Oppa, are you alright? Why are you so pale so sudden?"

"Maybe because you passed your fear to me." He smirked

"Hey!" I punched him in his arm "If you aren't feeling good you have to tell me."

"Maybe I will feel better with a kiss."

Well, I took his face to bring in nearer to mine and kissed him to which he responded.

"There how was that?"

He smiled, "I've been cured, so much better than the doctor"

But then he started coughing again and he was covering his mouth with his handkerchief.

He looked flustered as if he was trying to hide from me about the blood.

Something wasn't right.


[JiYong's POV]

JiEun knows something is up, she's been looking at me in a weird ever since we got down from the ferris wheel.

As soon as we got on the car I took some pills which were prescribed by my doctor. I told JiEun about those pills before saying they were vitamins.

We were pretty quiet for the entire car ride,

When we were about to reach her place, I asked,

"JiEun-ah, do you want to go to the park for a stroll later? I'll walk you back to your place as well."

She sat there in silence and nodded.

I parked my car at the dorm and we just walked.

I tried making many jokes in the beginning, trying to make her to talk or maybe even laugh.

She still kept a straight face.

Just as we were about to reach the park, she spoke

"Oppa, are those really vitamins?"

, I guess it is time.

"Let's take this conversation to the bench shall we?"

She was tensed but so was I.

I took her hand and placed it on my lap.

"Something happened to me a while back, it was before we got back together."

"You mean during the time I avoided you?"

The way she used the word avoided, she is going to believe that this is all her fault.

"Errr yes it was around that time I discovered something wasn't right with my health."

I took a huge breath, looked her in the eyes and squeezed her hand

"I wasn't taking care of my health and one day I started coughing blood, went to doctors only to find out that I, Kwon Ji Yong, have stage 3 lung cancer."


[A/N] Finally, alright so im moving to college this weekend and my last chance to update for this week will be tomorrow. I hope it works out!