Unrecognizable

The Necklace

[JiEun's POV]

Why should I be thinking about JiYong now? He disappeared from my life so long ago and didn't say goodbye.

He's happy living his life now somewhere else without knowing the pain that I've been through in his absence.

Anyways, time to get up today is the day I'm flying to Seoul. Mom baked pancakes for me us today, her pancakes are the best there ever were.

I wonder if there is a record for best pancakes in the world, mom should win that award. Her pancakes are super fluffy and just taste delicious.

JiSoo helped out with the dishes after we were done eating and dad helped me to pack my luggages into the car.

JiSoo couldn't send me off cause she has to attend drama class today, he class is going to perform the sound of music in her school's winter musical this year. She is playing one of the Von Trapp daughters so she is kinda stressted out lately.

After everything was done, I stood at our lawn at stared at our cozy house.

I won't be seeing this view for another 6 months and it does feel like forever.

JiSoo ran out of the house and hugged me really tight, I squeezed her back. I heard her snififng when she was buried in my arms,

"I'll miss you a lot onni, everything won't be same anymore when you are not around." she said while sniffing.

I patted her head,

"Silly girl, we can always video call and I'll keep you updated on everything that is going on there. You keep an eye on mom and dad while I'm not around ok? They need someone to look after them and you have to do that now."

JiSoo nodded and hugged me again once more. I'll miss this silly girl, she always keeps me entertained and gives me the best advice considering she is only 14 years old.

She finally let go of me when her classmates came to pick her up for practice.

She went in the house to grab her bag and went into her friends' car.

When the car was about to leave our driveway, she wind down the window and shouted." Have fun there Snoopy!"

Snoopy is the nickname that my sister calls me, it was suppose to be our sister secret but she just blurted it out, can't blame her though.

"Thanks Garfield, I'll miss you!" Yup, Garfield is my nickname for her.

After JiSoo left I got in our car, mom and dad took leave from work today just so they could send me off.

The trip to the airport was quite silent. Mom and dad would crack a joke every now and then but I guess the atmosphere was just too sad.

Before I knew it, LAX *LA's airport* came to view.

Dad found a parking spot and we checked in together, but when it was time for me to pass the immigration gates, I felt weak.

This is my first time leaving home for so long and I don't know what to do.

Dad hugged me first and whispered in my ear,"Have fun over there and learn some new stuff, don't forget to keep in touch with us."

I could tell my dad was going to miss me, although we aren't so close (I'm closer to my mom) but he has always been there for me.

My mom was already tearing up when I was about to hug her, she didn't say much cause she was about to break down.

All she said were three words, "I love you," and gave me a peck on the cheek. That means a lot to me.

After our goodbyes, I went through the immigration counter and headed straight to the business class lounge.

Apparently, when I was checking in the student exchange program had mixed up some of the flight details and booked me in an overbooked flight so to compensate they gave me a business class ticket.

OH YES!!

I felt like a little kid in a playground when I entered the lounge, there was a buffet table, a bar, a massage service, spa and so much more!

I felt like I could stay there in ages. The first place I went to was, of course, the buffet table.

The food looks super good there and a lot of choices to choose from. There was Chinese food, Indian food, Japanese food, Mexican food, Spanish food and so much more.

It was being able to explore the world through your taste buds.

I kinda got carried away at the buffet table and when I was heading back to my table, I accidentally bumped into a guy.

Luckily my food didn't spill everywhere.

"I am so sorry about that, did anything spill on you?"

"Nah, I'm ok but your passport and boarding pass fell, I grab that for you and help you with one of your plates."

"Thank you."

[JiYong's POV]

Finally our MADE U.S tour is over, time to head back to Seoul now.

The members and I came to the airport super early today, I heard some of the fans had actually camped outside our hotel last night.

We've been chilling and relaxing in the business class lounge ever since.

TOP-hyung was busy checking Instagram the whole time, ever since he created an account, he hasn't been able to let go of his phone.

Daesung and Taeyang were busy playing pool while Seungri is just being Seungri, he keep flirting with that girl by the bar.

I was just relaxing in the massage chair and thought of getting a snack from the buffet table.

When I got there, I was shock to see the queue so long.

Apparently, there is a girl in the front who is taking almost every single food there is.

I just grabbed a sandwich and walked away but that girl who held the queue for so long just now had bumped in to me and her passport plus boarding pass fell. As a gentleman, I had to take it for her but when I saw her name on the boarding pass I frozed. LEE JIEUN.

I haven't seen that name in ages, I tried avoiding eye contact with her but offered to help take her food back to her table.

When I heard her voice, all those memories came flooding back to me. She looks all grown up, she should be 17 by now.

I quickly got on my feet to carry her food back to her table, I doubt she could recognize me because I am wearing a pair of sunglasses, a face mask and a hat.

I kept stealing glances when we were walking though, it was as if I had seen a ghost from the past but JiEun was no ghost to me, she was my angel, my source of happiness.

And I felt really bad for leaving her all alone all those years ago, I wonder how did she cope with me not being around her anymore? Has she found new friends? How is her relationship with her sister now? Does she have a boyfriend? I want to ask her all these questions but I know I must not say a word.

When we had reached her table, I just put down her plate on her table and left but as I was about to leave, I saw her wearing that pendant I gave her when she was 10 and she is still wearing it now. That means I had never left from her memories.

[JiEun's POV]

After that kind man helped me to put my plate on my table, he just left without saying a word.

Something is really weird about him though, like the way he walks and talks just seems all too familiar but I can't seem to know who is that person.

But I immediately forgot about him when I saw all this luxurious food right in front of me.

It was calling out to me. EAT ME JIEUN EAT ME, it said.

By the time I finished all the food, I felt like the world's happiesr girl not to mention fattest but it was all worth it.

After enjoying a wonderful afternoon in the lounge it was time to head to the boarding gate and get ready for departure.

I saw that who helped me just now in the queue with some more people, all of them were wrapped like mummys it was as if they didn't want people to recognize them.

I got the window seat which is the best seat of all cause you can see everything from here. 

[JiYong's POV]

I got the seat right behind JiEun which is the best seat cause not only can I see the spectacular view from here, I can see JiEun too. 


[A/N] Hey guys Gingerrulez here again, finally chapter 2 is up! So JiEun finally meets the person who she has been missing for so long and yet she doesn't recognize him! Hope you enjoyed this chapter and leave some comments below on how I can improve it thank you, see you soon!