Ashes

The Necklace

[A/N] I'm back! Super sorry for the late update again. Enjoy this chapter!


[JiYong's POV]

Soon after losing contact with JiEun. I started experiencing constant headaches and kept on vomitting.

At first, I thought it was because I took something wrong or because I wasn't eating properly.

But then came the blood. 

So I called my manager and asked him if he could drive me to the hospital. The doctors just took some blood tests and an X-ray, it was a quick procedure. However, my diagnosis was quite shocking.

"Mr. Kwon, I am so sorry to inform you but you have stage 3 lung cancer."

No words could describe how I felt at that moment. Was I scared? Angry? Sad?

"Can it still be cured, doc? I mean technically it is still the final stage, there's got to be a chance right?" the desperation could be heard through my voice.

The doctor sighed and shook his head.

"I'm sorry but based on this diagnosis the tumor in your lungs have grown into a huge size and I am afriad base on my knowledge, the most you have is 9 months. Chemotherapy might work but there is a slim chance of a full recovery and the side effects will pack a strong punch to your immune system as well."

Then, the doctor explained the whole process of chemotherapy to me and I just wonder what's the point of going through all that pain?

"Nevermind doc, I'll pass chemo but thank you anyways."

Nobody can know about my cancer, not my manager, not my parents and not the members.

I guess this is something that I'll take to the grave with me.

My manger was waiting for me outside the doctors' office. 

"You good buddy?"

"Yeah, probably just woke up on the wrong side of bed."

During the first two weeks, I thought I would let the tumor slowly consume me but then I realized that I was scared of death. 

So I took up chemo even while knowing that the side effects might worsen my condition but I decided to enjoy myself as well.

If I am really going to die, might as well live life to the fullest.

So I started going to clubs often, drinking beer and wine while surrounding myself with hot chicks. I even flew to paris a couple of times as well.

As time passed, I wasn't getting any better and money was low.

I hadn't written any songs in a while and my mind became rusty, nothing was coming out right.

So bit by bit I started selling away my stuff just to earn some extra money and I did by saying goodbye to my lovely villa.

The money was used for my chemo which has been ok so far except for the constant vomitting and I have to stay indoors too as my immune system will weaken with every chemo I receive. The best place I could think of? Our dorm.

Nothing felt the same ever since my diagnosis. 


When YongBae-hyung heard what I had just told him, he expression just changed. His eyes wavering and he kept shaking his head.

"What did you just say?"

With a smirk, I replied,"I have freaking lung cancer and I have about 8 months left max."

The other members must have heard it too as I heard gasps in the living room.

After cleaning myself up, we all gathered at the couch where I told them about the cancer and everything but I made them promise to keep their lips sealed. They all respected my decision and hoped that I would be cured one day. 

"Hyung, no matter what happens. You will always be the best brother and leader that I've ever known. I am really grateful for meeting you," said a teary Seungri.

"Come on maknae, don't get all sentimental on me right now. I am still freaking alive, save all the speeches for my funeral when the day comes."

That sounded strange, me mentioning my own upcoming funeral.

The members have all agreed to stay at the dorms for now because we all just want to enjoy our moments as BIGBANG while we still can.

I called my parents soon later, my mom broke down on the spot.

"I'm sorry mom, I wish I had told you sooner but I just didn't want you to worry. I'm ok at the moment."

"You don't deserve any of this. You have worked hard to achieve the fame that you have today, it is not fair for the life you are living to be taken away in an instant. My poor son, I love you oh so very much."

"MOOOOOOM, I am still here you know and I am receiving chemotherapy so please don't talk to me like I am dead already."

She offered me to go to the countryside to stay with them but I just wanted to still be me. I didn't want the fact of me having cancer affect the way how people treated me. 

"Mom, if you want to see me. Come to Seoul, I'll arrange sleeping arrangements for you."

After calling my parents, it was already past 11pm. I decided to go out and take a walk for some fresh air, my lungs needed it.

However, my footsteps brought me to the park.

I haven't been there ever since JiEun left me at her school. It was too painful for me to go back there. Too many painful memories.

What took me by surprise was that I saw a familiar figure sitting on the bench when I went to the park.

She was sobbing there.

I wanted to go up to her and give her a hug but I know the last person she would want to see right now is me so I ducked behind one of the bushes.

Between her sobs, I heard her said something it was quite muffled but this is what I could hear.

"I will miss you JiYong."

And then she took off the daisy necklace I gave her and left in on the bench.

It broke my heart.


[JiEun's POV]

It broke my heart to leave that necklace behind. It had been a part of me for so many years.

But I had to leave the necklace at the park. The park was our sanctuary and leaving the necklace there was a form of saying goodbye.

I do miss him very much and I do love him.

But we will never be together and he can get any girl that he likes and it will never be me. 

That kiss that he gave me wasn't true love. He may act like he loves me but I know he doesn't TRULY love me.

I knew I had to get away before I fall deeper into this trap even if it means saying goodbye forever.

I am afraid that once he gets to me, he will not feel like keeping me and that I will just be a playmate to his 'empty' heart.

So goodbye JiYong, thank you for everything but it is time that we really move on.

While I was about to leave the park, I heard some rustling in the bushes behind me but it must have been the wind.


[JiYong's POV]

I shouldn't have kissed her that day, it was a foolish move. I took things too fast.

So now all I want her is to be happy even if I am not in the picture because my expiry date is approaching.

At this moment, I knew how to spend the rest of the 'few months' that I had left.

Trying to ignore the pain in my lungs and heart.

For my dear JiEun,

I still love you.