The Rightful Owner

The Necklace

[A/N] Hehe 3 updates 3 days in a row!!!!!!!!!! Let's get started shall we


[JiEun's POV]

The two of us just sat there eating the snacks that I bought for him while chatting as if nothing ever happened that jeopardized our friendship.

Actually nothing actually did happen, I was the one that pushed him away and I still feel so guilty.

If I hadn't walked away that day, would things still be the same?

"JiEun? JiEun-ah? You ok? Hellllllooooooo?" 

"Ah, sorry what were you saying?"

JiYong pouted his lips.

"Aish...... You OK? You keep zoning out."

"I was just lost in thought, that's all."

He turned his back to me and said in a cute voice, "You're not interested in talking to me anymore, I'm just gonna cry now."

"YA! I could have lost you the other day, you were the one who scared me. Please don't do that anymore ok? I can't believe that in such a short amount of time losing contact with you, you've gotten yourself into this type of mess. I saw the articles, you've been drinking a lot with your girlfriend lately isn't it?"

Saying the word girlfriend to him actually hurt.

To be honest when I saw the articles about him and his girlfriend, what was her name? Oh yeah,

KiKo.

I cried that night when I read that article online because I just knew in that instant that my gut instinct was right.

That I was a playtoy for him.

"What? My girlfriend?"

"Yeah that girl, KiKo? Rumors are flooding between the 2 of you."  I couldn't look him in the eye again. 

He went silent. Is that a confirmation that KiKo is his girlfriend?

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH, and you actually believed that?"

Wait, what?
This was definitely not the reaction I was expecting.

"Well, yeah. I was the number 1 searched topic for almost a week."

He took my hand and placed it on his lap.

"JiEun-ah, let me tell you the truth. KiKo and I are just drinking buddies plus she has a boyfriend back in Japan. I only brought her around Seoul when she visited during that period of time. We didn't know that we were followed by paparazzi."

He looked right into me when he said that. 

I actually felt assured.

And his grip never loosen.

-dugun-dugun-dugun

CALM DOWN JIEUN!!! WHY IS MY HEART BEATING SO FAST RIGHT NOW

"Ah I see, so that's how it is. So what's gotten into you lately? What about all the drinking and everything?"

"It's because I'm missing you dearly."

I WAS NOT PREPARED FOR HIM TO SAY THAT

Don't be fooled JiEun, remember he is very good with words.

So I pushed him away.

"You're just saying that."


[JiYong's POV]

I meant what I said when I told her that I missed her but I didn't want to scare her off again.

She finally came back to me.

However, I could swore that I saw her blush.

"Oppa"

Her sweet voice.

"I'm sorry I ran off the other day. Maybe if I didn't then things would have been different right now."

I patted her head.

"Silly girl, nothing was your fault. Actually I should thank you instead! You were the one who found me at the park."

"I thought I was going to lose you and....and...if I did, everything would have been my fault."

Tears were coming out of her eyes as she was saying that.

I gave her a big big hug.

"Aigooooo, don't cry silly. You know you look really ugly when you cry."


[JiEun's POV]

I couldn't help myself. 

I was so scared during the days when he was unconscious.

The thought of losing him forever scared me and somehow I felt so guilty.

But when he hugged me, everything felt much better.

And that was when I realized that

......

I never wanted to leave his side anymore.


[JiYong's POV]

After JiEun calmed down, I invited her to sit next to me on the bed.

She seemed hesitant at first but she climbed up and sat to my right.

"Oppa, why did you go to the park the other day?"

"I just wanted to clear my head for a moment and the place I thought of was there."

Oh yeah, I just remembered that her necklace is still with me.

I kept it in my pocket and the hospital gave it to my manager while I was still out cold.

It's in the drawer next to me right now.

Should I give it back to her?

"I saw you that day."

She looked at me with her big eyes.

"You did?" she laughed awkwardly "I had a lot on my mind as well."

"Was it about me?"

She kept quiet so I reached out to the drawer on my left and took the necklace in my hand.

"Was it about this?" my voice was low and quiet as I showed her the necklace.

I know I shouldn't bring this up because I want her to stay by my side.

"You found it! Yeah I misplaced it at the park cause it got tangled with my hair but I totally forgot to take it with me when I came back to the park to find it, you were already lying on the ground."

She is such a terrible liar.

"I already told you I saw you."

She held her knees to her chest, 

"I'm sorry oppa. When I saw the articles, I thought you had forgotten about me and I felt sad. So that night, it was my form of saying goodbye. You were always on my mind even when I cut you off."

Did she just say that I was always on her mind?

I couldn't help but smiled when I heard it.

"Hey, you came back didn't you? You came back and you saved me, that's all that matters now. So why don't we put this necklace back where it belongs too. I'll help you."

She looked at me, nodded and turned her back towards me.

As I unclapsed the necklace and put it around her neck once more. I felt complete again.

"There, now it belongs back to its rightful owner."

Right before she turned back, I gave her a back hug.

She smells just like roses.

"JiEun-ah, can you promise me one thing? Can you promise to stay by my side forever?"

"I promise."

Eh? Did she just agree to what I just said?

She turned around while my hands were still around her waist,

 

she put her hands around my neck

 

looked right into my eyes and said

 

"I promise never to leave you again because I want you to be with me as well."

And then the most magical thing happened.

 

Our lips met once more.

But it was different this time, it wasn't like the kiss that we shared during the blackout.

It was as if we finally became one.

As we pulled apart, I looked into her beautiful eyes once more.

"I love you JiEun-ah."

"I love you too, Kwon Ji Yong."


[A/N] Kyaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!

On a side note, I hope I can keep this up and update again tomorrow! Till the next chapter!