Hugs and Kisses

The Necklace

 

[A/N] Let's get right into it, shall we?


[JiYong's POV]

It felt so good to finally be home and to be able to see, touch and kiss JiEun once more.

I've longed for her so much when I was in New York.

I stayed in the lodging that was provided and was monitored 24/7. Needles and tubes sticking out of my body, the beeping of my heart rate was always there as well.

I was sick, thin and frail as I had lost all my appetite. I literally was just bone and skin.

Manager-hyung went back after 2 weeks because I lied. I said I would better in another 2 weeks and that I will be back in Korea soon.

And to be honest, I almost didn't make it back alive.

The doctors said my condition wasn't improving during the first 5 weeks of treatment. However, I knew I had to be strong for JiEun so every Sunday at 8:18pm I would send her a text to update on my condition. I knew she had always replied to my texts but I couldn't bring myself to text her back because it would break my heart.

Then, apparently my heart did stop for around 10 seconds sometime around the 5th week of treatment. I was almost gone.

However, after that incident it was as if I was reborn as suddenly all the treatment methods were working on me. I started gaining weight back as my appetite came back. I could actually move and walk and even run, the pressure in my chest was gone.

My health was actually improving tremendously but I didn't want to tell JiEun immediately, I wanted to surprise her. 

She never left my mind and I would always think of her and read the texts that she sent me. 

She would send me a couple of selfies every once in a while and just seeing her beautiful face. I would tear up.

And so four months after I left, I was back in Seoul once more.

Walking through the arrival gates in the airport, I felt like a brand new person. To think that four months ago when I walked into the airport I was thinking and wondering whether or not I would be able to come back alive.

Manager-hyung picked me up and he was so surprised to see me walking out of the arrival hall gates.

"JiYong-ah, you did it" he patted my back. 

Yeah, I did.

He dropped me off my house and it was so good to step in there once more. The house smells like roses.

Manager-hyung told me that JiEun was buying groceries and would be back a bit later, I had him text her in order to find out where she was.

So I had some time to unpack and I saw the ultrasound of our baby on my work desk when I entered my workroom. She had left it there.

A smile creeped up my face. I am going to be dad for my baby, a healthy one.

But as time passed and JiEun was still not coming home. I decided to watch some TV and 20 minutes in I heard the front door unlock.

My heart was beating so fast when I heard that sound and it felt like we are going to meet each other on our first date all over again.

However, when I saw her she had an expressionless face, which kinda shocked me.

Does she hate me for not replying to her text?

I walked over and offered to carry her groceries for her but still no expression from her but when she touched my face. I saw her tears. 

Ah, she must have thought I wasn't real. I feel bad, how long has she been waiting for me?

As I carried her to the bedroom, as I kissed her. I felt complete once more.

And finding out that we are having a baby girl? That feeling was just so amazing.

"Babe, what do you think we should name her? Kwon Na Mi? Clara Kwon?"

She laughed, "Clara Kwon? That was so random."

"Well I want to give her an English name to make her unique because she really is."

"How about Amy Kwon, that sounds nice too?"

"Hmm I feel like it is still missing something, don't you think?"

We both sat there in silence trying to come up with names. 

I just looked around trying to find some inspiration and then my eyes fell on the necklace she was wearing. That daisy necklace that I gave her all those years ago.

"JiEun-ah, what do you think about Daisy?"

"Hmm, Kwon Daisy. It has its charm to it. I like it."

I smiled and kissed her belly once more. 

"Hi Daisy, daddy is here."

That night, we had a dinner party with the members, 2NE1, the old hag, my parents and seeing all the people that I cared about gathered at one place. Life feels great.

YongBae-hyung gave me big huge as soon as he saw me, "You did it, you punk. You're back"

Yeah, I guess I really am back for real this time.


NARRATOR

Ever since that day, JiYong and JiEun became inseparable. He was by her side throughout her entire pregnancy and she felt safe to be by his side again as well.
JiYong was a dedicated husband and he had even looked it up online and bought books on what a father-to-be should be prepared for.
The media soon caught on to their relationship but instead of receiving hate comments, they were showered with love instead. 
Many fans wished them a wonderful life together especially with a baby on the way.
Luck was finally on their side.


[JiYong's POV] 

I had just finished a conference with a new fashion brand that wanted me to be their ambassador when I received the call that JiEun was in labor.

I got in my car and rushed to the hospital.

Her parents and mine were both there. JiEun's parents flew in a couple weeks ago because they wanted to be there for JiEun when she gives birth.

I entered the ward and there she was, like an angel on the bed.

She was sweating and was in a lot of pain. 

I went to her side, "Hey, I'm sorry I'm late but I'm here now."

She gave a weak smile and squeezed my hand.

Seeing her in pain broke my heart bit by bit, I've heard and read stories of how childbirth is the most painful thing a girl can experience. However, seeing that JiEun is the one who is experiencing it broke my heart.

The doctor came in to check up on her around 10 minutes after I arrived but she had a serious look on her face.

"Mr and Mrs. Kwon I'm afraid that we need to send her for a C-section right now as the umbilicial cord is around your baby's neck. No severe danger has been caused yet but we need to get your baby our of there before it gets worse."


[A/N] I guess I'll stop here for today! Thank you all for your support as we are nearing the end. Kamshahamida