Longing

The Necklace

[A/N] Omg I want to take this moment and thank all of you for your support! The love and comments I have been receiving means so much to me as this is my first ever non one shot fic. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.


[JiEun's POV]

As his car drove out of my sight and I slowly turned back into our house. It felt so empty.

I picked up my phone and called Kate, I haven't called her in a while and I just needed to talk to someone.

"Hey hey hey babe! How's life as a married woman, especially to such a hot hunk?"

Kate is still the usual Kate.

"Hey babe, life's pretty good but it's gonna be tough for a while now?"

Kate made a pouty face, "What's wrong?"

I broke down and oh my it felt like such a relief to let all those emotions out in that instant. I didn't cry when JiYong left earlier but now that he isn't here anymore, I don't know what to do.

"Kate, I'm scared."

And I told her everything.

She listened to everything and once I was done, she screamed.

"GIRL HOW COULD YOU DO THIS ME? YOU'RE FREAKING PREGNANT AND I DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT IT, AND JIYONG HAS FREAKING CANCER. GIRL OMG I NEED SOME TIME TO PROCESS THIS"

Oh yeah, did I mention Kate is planning to apply for college as a Drama major, which is why this reaction is so Kate-ish.

I smiled again seeing my best friend like this, it was like I went back to high school. Which technically wasn't that long ago but so much has changed ever since I got here.

"Girl, I wish I was there with you right now so I could give you a big big hug. You deserve it so much, but why didn't you go there with him?"

"He told me not to, I try persuading him into letting me tag along but he told me that this was something he had to do alone. He also told me that he didn't want his pregnant wife to see him that way because with all the treatments and everything, it might be bad for me and the baby. Anyways enough about me, what about you? How's life?"

And just like that me and Kate were on the phone for hours, she told me about how Justin, Kate's boyfriend ex-boyfriend broke up with her because "he loved her too much that it was killing him on the inside"

"Bull, Kate what type of excuse is that!"

"I know right! The idiot even told me that "the love he has for me is so energy consuming that he doesn't even know how to live any longer because all he has in his mind is me."

And then she told me how everyone was already preparing for college and moving on with their own lives. While here I am, a stay at home wife. 

To be honest I felt really ty at that moment, realizing how I could actually achieve so much more.

After a long 5 hours, I had to let the poor girl I had to let her sleep because of the time difference. Long-distance friendships .

I stood up from my couch, feeling motivated as ever and forced myself to be up and about all the time and make sure that my time would never drift away.

I cleaned the house, I played some piano and tried learning a new song. 

Which I soon gave up but I will continue learning that song soon!

That night, JiYong called me. 

"Hey babe, how is everything back home?"

"Babe, how are you! I'm fine, I've tried to keep myself preoccupied all the time."

"I just landed actually, I'm at the baggage claim area waiting for my luggage now and then we will be heading to our place. I'm gonna stay at a place that the doctor provided, it's a lodging near his clinic so he can check up on me quite often. Call my mom often, I'm sure she could keep you company."

"I will babe, I'll call you later when you reach that place ok?"

There was a long pause on his end of the line.

"JiYong?"

"Babe, the thing is. I don't know when will I be able to call you again. Apparently, it's gonna be a serious treatment process and the doctor will monitor me 24/7 so I don't know when will I be free to contact you again. But I promise you that I will whenever I get the chance. I have to go now but I will call you next time ok? I love you."

"Alright, I love you too. Good-" He had cut off the line before I could even finish my sentence.

Even though I said it was alright but everyone in their right mind would know how NOT alright it was. I'm worried of you JiYong.

However, that was my last phone call with him.


FAST FORWARD FOUR MONTHS

I've been keeping the promise I've made to myself.

I hardly am at home and I've been taking arts and crafts classes and Chinese classes as well.

I hang out with the Big Bang members and other celebrity friends as well! Me, Seungri and Daesung even went to Tokyo once for a 5 day trip, It was so fun!

JiYong's mom and dad come over every weekend to keep me company and she has been taking care of me as well because of my baby. My mom did come over for 3 weeks as well to check up on me and keep me company she said that she will be back here soon.

The baby bump is getting more and more visible and I wish JiYong was here to see this.

He hasn't called me ever since he landed and he only sends me texts every Sunday night at 8:18 pm.

This boy loves that number so much. However, his texts does not really put me at ease.

"This week's treatment is doing well" "Doctor's say my condition is improving" "I'll be home soon"

He only sends me one line each week and whenever I reply I never get a response.

This scares me so much, is that even him that is sending those texts to me?

However, I chose to remain positive. 

As time passed since that phone call he missed out on a lot of things that we could have done together.

He missed Christmas and New Year.

He missed the lunar new year celebration too.

He missed the entire winter here in Seoul and we are already midway in spring.

He missed Valentine's Day and he missed the blossoming trees.

And I miss him as well.

I always hope one day when I come home he will be there. Maybe on the couch watching a movie or maybe he will be cooking.

He might be in the bedroom and just waking up from a nap.

When he lands his eyes on me, he will walk to me and hug me and say "JiEun-ah, I'm back"

I have imagined these scenarios so many times, that now everytime I imagine seeing him at home I just close my eyes because when I open them again, the JiYong who was in front of me isn't there anymore because he was just in my head.

So on today April 15, 2018, I opened our front door after getting some groceries and not to my surprise. I saw 'JiYong' sitting on the couch. 

'JiYong' turned around and smiled at me, he said "Welcome back babe"

My face remained expressionless as I closed my eyes knowing that when I open them he will be gone again.

However, when I opened them again. He was standing in front of me now.

"Are you alright?" asked 'JiYong'.

Strange, my imaginary JiYongs always disappear immediately. I shook my head and was about to walk right through him.

But then my head hit his chest. 

I looked up and there he was, the real JiYong.

"JiEun-ah, are you ok? Here let me help you with those groceries."

Tears started forming in my eyes and I slowly reached my hand towards his cheek and when I actually touched his cheek I gasped and dropped the groceries.

"You're real, it's really you. Kwon JiYong, you're back!"

I hugged him so tight and I smelled him. It was an assurance that I was really hugging him.

I cupped his face after we let go, "How are you? Is.. is everything officially alright now?"

He held my shoulders and looked straight into my eye, "I, Kwon JiYong, husband of Lee JiEun, am officially cancer free as of today." 

His smile beamed so brightly as he said that and my life felt complete again.

He kissed me once he finished that sentence and I kissed him back. It felt so surreal but there he was.

"I'm so sorry for letting you wait for me and letting the baby wait as well," he reached for my belly as he said that. My belly has grown so much bigger ever since he left.

"I forgive you and I'm sure she does too," my life just felt so complete at that moment.

JiYong's eyes bulged, I wonder why?

"Did you just say she? We're having a baby girl?"

Oops, I didn't even notice that I had just revealed our baby's gender to him. I wanted to surprise him, dang it.

But JiYong suddenly carried me bridal style and was taking me to our bedroom.

"Ya! Kwon JiYong put me down! I'm so heavy right now! Put me down!" I pounded against his chest.

He did put me down, on the bed though and I felt so bad.

He lied next to me and he kissed my forehead, my cheek and he moved down and lifted my shirt to kiss my belly and said,

"Hi baby, daddy's home"


[A/N] :O LIKE FINALLY JIYONG hahahhaa, anyways comments and loves are much appreciated and once again thank you all for your support <3