His Past

The Necklace

[JiEun's POV]

"His real name is Kwon JiYong."

Kwon JiYong......Kwon JiYong.......Kwon JiYong.......My mind kept repeating those 3 words and it felt like my whole world was spinning. I almost lost my balance but SoHyun managed to catch me right before I fell.

"JiEun! Are you alright? You suddenly look so pale."

"I'm fine, let's just go back. I guess I'm still suffering from jetlag."

"Alright then but if you feel uncomfortable tell me, I'll take you to see a doctor."

I weakly smiled at her and we both headed home.

That night I didn't get much sleep, I was busy searching everything about him. Here's the info I got about him

G-DRAGON WHOSE REAL NAME IS KWON JIYONG, IS THE LEADER OF YG ENTERTAINMENT'S GROUP BIGBANG. ALONG HIM THERE ARE 4 OTHER MEMBERS, T.O.P, TAEYANG, DAESUNG AND SEUNGRI. THE GROUP DEBUTED ON 19/8/2006 AND ROSE TO FAME DURING THERE 2007 HIT SONG LIES WHICH WAS COMPOSED BY G-DRAGON HIMSELF. IN FACT ALMOST 99% OF BIGBANG SONGS ARE COMPOSED BY THE MAN HIMSELF. HE IS ALSO THE FASHION ICON OF KOREA...............

Fashion icon, he did have an awesome taste in fashion back when we were kids and I do remember him always writing songs in his free time but he never allowed me to listen to any of them, maybe he was already preparing for stardom but why didn't he tell me anything about him training to be a singer. He isn't the type of person who would just leave everything behind just to start a new life, or is he?

After reading all news articles I could find about him, I listened to all his songs. They were pretty good. OK, I'm lying, there were awesome. No wonder his group is so famous, my favourite song so far is haru haru. I've only listened until the alive album but yeah that song is my favourite so far. Right as I was about to listen to the latest album MADE, I scrolled down to see the track list first. 

  • Loser
  • Bae Bae
  • Bang Bang Bang
  • We Like 2 Party
  • Sober 
  • If You
  • Zutter
  • Let's not Fall In Love

There's a song called 'If You'?! I clicked to listen that song first and read the description about it.

IF YOU IS THE FIRST SONG THAT IS ALL ABOUT VOCALS, IT IS LIKE A SLOW BALLAD REGARDING A MAN WHO IS HEARTBROKEN AFTER BREAKING UP WITH HIS GIRLFRIEND. THE SONG WAS WRITTEN AND COMPOSED BY GD.

JiYong and I used to play a game called 'If You' when we were kids. Technically it isn't a game but more on a Q&A. We would ask each other questions like "If you could have a superpower what would it be?" or "If you were a type of cheese what would you be?" Normally our questions are kinda silly but yeah that game did allow us to get to know more about each other. 

While listening to the song, I opened a new tab to search the lyrics and I while reading it. Tears started forming at my eyes, this may sound strange but it feels like he was thinking about us when he wrote the song. Although our story wasnt a love story some lyrics does fit in perfectlyto our situation.

She is leaving
And I can’t do anything
Love is leaving
Like a fool, I’m blankly standing here

I’m looking at her, getting farther away
She becomes a small dot and then disappears  
Will this go away after time passes?
I remember the old times
I remember you

IF YOU
IF YOU
If it’s not too late
Can’t we get back together?
IF YOU
IF YOU
If you’re struggling like I am
Can’t we make things a little easier?
I should’ve treated you better when I had you

How about you?
Are you really fine?
Guess our break up is setting
I should forget you but it’s not easy

I’m looking at her, getting farther away
She becomes a small dot and then disappears
Will I feel better if I meet someone?
I remember the old times
I remember you

IF YOU
IF YOU
If it’s not too late
Can’t we get back together?
IF YOU
IF YOU
If you’re struggling like I am
Can’t we make things a little easier?
I should’ve treated you better when I had you

On days where thin rain falls like today
I remember your shadow

Our memories that I secretly put in my drawer
I take them out and reminisce again by myself

Why didn’t I know
About the weight of sadness that comes with breaking up?

IF YOU
IF YOU
If it’s not too late
Can’t we get back together?
IF YOU
IF YOU
If you’re struggling like I am
Can’t we make things a little easier?
I should’ve treated you better when I had you

For instance, he left me while I stood at home like a fool waiting for him to back. I miss the old times that we enjoyed together, I miss the fun and laughter we shared, I miss the fact that he left me without saying goodbye. I just miss everything about him. Did he miss me the way I missed him? Was this song supposed to be for me? Or was I overthinking it?

I had a hope that he had missed me until I saw all the dating scandals he was involved in, guess I was wrong. According to all those rumours he had a rumoured girlfriend named Kiko. I knew it, once you stand in the spotlight you just forget everything from the past. Kwon JiYong is a name that everyone knows now, he isn't the person I knew in the past so why am I clinging on to the past so badly.

Even though I keep telling myself to shut down my computer and forget all about him, my fingers won't stop. Next I knew, I was on his Instagram account and yet again I froze when I saw a particular picture. JiYong is just a man full of surprises that makes me freeze in time just to recover from shock.

That picture was a selfie uploaded 3 days ago in LAX and he was that person that I bumped into in the business class lounge! What?! Why couldn't I recognize him at that moment? He even helped me to take my plates back to my table and I was so focused on my food I didn't even noticed. Stupid stupid stupid me.

Then again, why didn't he call my name when we bumped into each other? I couldn't recognize him that time cause he was wrapped like a burrito but if he could still remember me. I wasn't wrapped like a sausage and I was still wearing that necklace he gave me all those years ago. I guess fame does change a person until you just forget everything about the past. All this information was just too much for me, I needed to go out and get some air. Although it is Monday tomorrow I only start school next week so I left a note to the Parks on the fridge.

Went out to get some air, still suffering from jetlag be back soon! I know my way so don't worry about me.

It was around 2am and the streets were so quiet, then again it is a Sunday night so yeah. SoHyun showed me a small park near her area on the first day I arrived guess I should be heading there.

The park is super small with only a couple of benches there and it is kinda hidden from the rest of the world so it is perfect place to just relax.

I was singing to If You along the way, I know I told myself to stop thinking about him but that song has a wonderful melody that is stuck in my head. I was singing quite loud though so when I reached the park I was surprised to see someone on the bench there. All I saw was the backview of a person sitting on the bench, I was thinking about running away at that moment. Cause who would be awake at 2am and be at a park? Except me of course, I have my purposes. Right before I was about to run away, the turned around and said,"You sing beautifully, fancy to join me here?.......JiEun?!"

"JiYong......"

[JiYong's POV]

Ever since I saw JiEun the other day, I just can't get her off my mind. Everything I do I just keep thinking of her, all those memories in the past kept flashing back to me. I just wanted to clear my mind but I have no where to go. Everywhere I go there would be fans or reporters so I don't have a place to myself. Staying in my room was so suffocating to me and I couldn't sleep so I sneaked out. There is a small park near our old dorm and it is just five blocks away I've always went there when I needed to clear my head but ever since MADE promotions I haven't had a chance to go there so today is a good chance to go there again.

Seoul nightlife was supposed to be very high and fun but since it is a Sunday night, the whole environment just seems so serene and peaceful like all your doubts just disappear in an instant. Just sitting on that park bench felt so nice, I wish I could stay in that instant. Suddenly, I heard a distant singing. Who would be here as well? It is like 2am why would someone be at a park? Except me I need to clear my mind. I could hear a girl's voice and she is singing a bigbang song. If You. I was thinking about running away again cause that person had to be a fan of mine but I was just so tired from running away so when the voice was right behind me. I turned around and said,"You sing beautifully, fancy to join me here?" It was quite dark so I couldn't see her face clearly but the clouds above cleared up when I turned around and the moonlight illuminated her face. That face which I have seen throughout my childhood and that face that I just saw three days ago.

"JiEun?!"

She was shock to see me as well, "JiYong" she whispered. She was just about to run away but before she could I went up to her and grabbed her wrist. 

"Let go of me."

"Come on we haven't seen each other in ages, can't you say a simple hello."

"Says the person who disappeared without a word all those years ago."

"About that, I'm really sorry."

"Sorry? Is that all you could say to me right now? You left without a word, I was waiting for you to come home everyday. You didn't even call me or left a note. And now that we've met again you can only say sorry? What if I didn't come to this park tonight, would you still be playing ghost to me? Oh wait, I forgot fame and fortune has been bestowed upon you so you just forget everything about your past now huh?"

She was really mad at me, I thought she would just moved on. I never expected her to hold on to me for that long. 

"I can explain...."

"Also, we met in the airport three days ago. You could have talked to me but no, I'm not your friend anymore. I'm only a friend to Kwon JiYong not G-Dragon. Do you have any idea how I felt when I found out everything about you just now? It was like you became a different person. Now that you have fame and fortune are you happy with your life? Are you?"

She was crying already so I went forward to hug her.

"Stay away from me I don't know you." She pushed me but I held on.

"I said stay away from me, you are not my friend anymore. I want my JiYong back." She was pounding on my chest but I held on. In the end she gave in and cried in my arms. 

I felt so guilty for leaving her all those years ago, I was a bad friend but now I have a second chance to prove myself. And this time I won't let go of you anymore.

[JiEun's POV]

I finally broke down in his arms, all those years without him by my side. I missed him a lot. And I'm glad he is here now.

After calming myself down, we both sat on the bench. He explained everything to me then.

"I'm sorry for not being there by your side all these years. I can explain, one day I was coming home from school and my parents just told me to pack everything and leave. I didn't know what was going on and they wouldn't explain to me until I got on the car. I auditioned for YG Entertainment a while back and they didn't come back to me for so long but they called my parents that day and told me I got accepted but on one condition I have to move to Seoul by the weekend so that is what we did. I wanted to call you but as a trainee we had to be watched 24/7 so I couldn't find the time to call you and when I did, I figured you woud have forgotten me already so I kept quiet. Three days ago when I saw you, I didn't want to open your wound so I stayed quiet. I'm sorry."

He was so serious and I could understand how badly he wanted to call me when he was a trainee. 

"You are still the JiYong I remember."

"Of course, I am still the same person. Always have and always will be. Only on stage I become G-Dragon."

"So tell me, why did you choose this stage name. It is unique."

"You like it? Well since Ji sounds like G and Yong means Dragon so I just piece them together and it just became G-Dragon."

"That's nice, I have another question for you."

"What's the story behind 'If You'?"

"You've heard all our songs?"

I nodded. "Spent my whole night trying to catch up on your life. You've been busy Mr. Kwon."

"I thought you've never listened to K-Pop?"

"Saw you cardboard cutout today, can we get back to the main topic."

"Ok yes I thought about us when writing that song,of course I did change some things to make it into a love story but truth is I've never forgotten you JiEun. All these years,I missed you so much but I just couldn't reach out to you."

"I've missed you too."

"So tell me what are you doing in Seoul?"

"Student exchange program, I'm gonna be here for 6 months."

"Sweet! So you think we can still meet each other in these 6 months?"

"I don't see why not? Unless you are too busy."

"Can you give me your number then? I'll call you when I'm free."

"Sure thing"

That night, it felt like all those years without him just disappeared. It felt like we were kids again.

Both of us were lost in moment, we didn't even realized it had been 2 hours.

"I guess I have to go soon, my host family might freak out if they found out I had disappeared."

"Me too, my manager will kill me."

"It was great to see you again oppa."

I leaned forward to hug him, it felt great to be with him again.

"Same here" He squeezed tightly.

"I call when I'm free ok? I promise this time I won't let you get left behind JiEun."

I tiptoed and gave him a peck on the cheek.

"You'd better remember what you said. Bye."

[JiYong's POV]

When she gave me a peck on my cheek. I felt alive again. 

I was smiling the entire way back to the dorm, before I lied down on my bed I sent a text to here.

"I am thankful for that park. Good night. :)"

She replied immediately.

"That park is a special park >< Good night :)"


[A/N] hey guys I'm back so chapter 4 is finally up hoped you like it and leave some comments below <3