Ryeowook *Donghae

Ask any pairing u want(drabble)

For 29548E

 

“Wow,” Ryeowook said.

 

Donghae glanced over his shoulder, a splatter of spaghetti sauce on his shirt. “What?” He looked down at himself and then sighed, “Let me guess – you were staring at my ?”

 

Ryeowook hesitated, his eyes instinctively dropping down to do just that, before he shook his head. “Actually,” he said, stepping forward, reaching out to grab the apron Donghae had apparently forgotten about and put on himself. “Not that you don’t have an amazing or anything, but I was just thinking that we should have done this years ago.”

 

“Why’s that?”

 

Coming to stand side by side with Donghae , he reached over to take the wooden spoon away. He stared down at the congealed red – or was it pink? – sauce and the contents strewn across the counter.

 

He gestured to it all when he said, “I would have been far less intimidated by you if I’d known you were such a terrible cook. I guess even attractive, nice, athletic, dancer guys can’t be good at everything.”

 

“Nice, Wookie ,” Donghae said, glaring at Ryeowook . “Wasn’t the whole point of you coming over that you were going to help me?”

 

“I’m just saying – I would have asked you out years ago if I’d known this embarrassingly adorable secret about your ineptitude.”

 

He flushed pink for a moment, surprised by his own boldness, as he fiddled with adding some pepper to the sauce, knowing it was a lost cause.

 

He felt a hand on his lower back as Donghae leaned in closer, “I’m pretty bad at making the first move.”

 

There was a moment’s hesitation before Ryeowook’s head swung up and his eyes met Donghae’s.

 

“Oh yeah?”

 

“Yeah,” Donghae said, a vaguely timid smile playing on his lips. “Maybe you could help me with that too.”

 

His heart was beating wildly and his throat was a little dry as Ryeowook leaned in. “I think I can do that.”  When there was less than an inch in between their lips, he whispered, “But first – I think we have to throw this sauce out and start over from scratch.”