Chapter Nine

Blooming Days of Autumn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is not about Hye. This is not about my feelings. I said those words to Jana because there is no place for us anymore. I have already concluded our story.

For me, it was way over.

But Jana is in front of me having conversations I don’t want to answer.

 

“Where you are now makes me somewhat proud of what happened to us back then.” I sincerely replied.

“I’m not.” She cried. “I have always dream of this moment. My mind was like programmed that we just separate our lives for us to be together in the future. And the future I am saying is now.”

 

I never imagined this day.

If Jana was dreaming of this moment, for myself – I have never thought of this. I loved her. I am sure of that. But the future she was saying wasn’t the future I have been dreaming of.

“Don’t tell me that you came this far because of me?” I asked her.

“You are such a jerk, Jung Yonghwa.” She stands up.

I held her hand. “Don’t be like this Jana. I am still the Yonghwa you know. Selfish and self-focused.”

“So, I am the only one who changed.” She smiled. “The worst case was that I changed for you – who’s a person that never cared for me.”

 

I know she is hurting and that is because of me. “I don’t want to apologize. But I will say sorry.” I sighed. “Let’s not be like this.”

She formally reaches out her hand to me. “As you said, Mr. Jung.” Then she wiped her tears and left me.

 

I know how the world goes. I am aware that even how much you sacrifice, sometimes you just don’t get the even of it. Like now, I know I am very stubborn towards the lady I have loved in the past. I have changed so much, and so she was. I don’t like the fact the she was changed for me. All over again, she was the same Jana I knew. It seems very apologetic but we need to move on. I have already let go of the past.

 

***

 

 

“Good morning!” Kang Minhyuk greeted me early in the morning.

“Why are you here so early? Did you sleep here?” I find him so suspicious. “Did you go clubbing again?”

He smiled at me. “We need to relax sometimes.”

“You are always relaxing.” I shrugged.

“I am not. I am so dead with my Japanese counterparts.” He played his pen. “But, at the end of the day I will never let them have my assets.”

 

This is Minhyuk. He is most playful when working but what sets him higher than others is his strong willingness. He seems like a puppy sometimes but once he is focused no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter