Chapter Thirtytwo

Blooming Days of Autumn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As she walks out of the building, I am trying to make my steps light – not to make a sound as I reach my hand to her. Actually, I have a notion of not wanting her walk before me. I dislike that perception, because it feels like she’s okay without me.  But at this moment, seeing her walking elegantly happy feels like I can walk behind her all day. I caught myself smiling.

“Jung Shinhye?” I whispered.

She turns around. “Yonghwa!” She smiled. “What are you doing here? Are you following me?” Hye glared cutely, realizing we are nearly outside the building.

“I followed you since you forgot something before you leave.”  I smiled. And that sentence I just said made her uneasy.

Hye checked her bag and other belongings. “I’m sorry. What did I left?” She felt apologetic.

I rushed to her and gave her a warm hug. “You have forgotten to take me with you.” I smiled.

Shinhye made a tch sound. “You are such a kid, Jung Yonghwa. I thought I..”

I stopped her from saying worthless things. “We are all human, we tend to forget things. Hye, don’t live like you are doing wrong when you forget some things or even people. Just live like how you wanted to be.”

“You can’t blame me for thinking like that.” She said. “Most importantly, why did you say I left you? You have still working hours to do, so I left you have homemade food.”

I bit my lip. “You don’t have to make good food and serve it in my office. I don’t like the fact the Minhyuk will dig in to the food you have made just for me.” I am selfish, yes.

“Okay, so you don’t want it? I’ll just make another one for Kang Minhyuk.” Hye laughs. “Go back there and I’ll see you tonight.”

“Can’t you just take me along? I can do AWOL.” I proudly said.

“No, you can’t.” She commanded. “I’ll see you tonight , Jung Yonghwa.” She smiled brightly at me. “If you can do that, please expect other than breads and cookies to eat for dinner.”

I responded to her lovely smile. “Alright, my wife. I’ll see you tonight.”

 

 

***

 

“This is not like you. Rushing to get home?” Minhyuk said while playing a pen in his hand.

“Try to get yourself in a marriage, I bet you’ll just stick at home with your wife.” I grabbed my bag. “See you tomorrow.” I saw Minhyuk rolling his eyes as I close the door. I know he understands me but I also know that he doesn’t have anyone to be with. Jungshin and Jonghyun are out of the country. “Sorry Minhyuk, I will catch up with you some other time.”

This is the fifth time I tried to reach Hye’s phone. Maybe she’s too busy since I think she is preparing something at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter