Chapter Twentysix

Blooming Days of Autumn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As we go back to our hotel Hye keeps on looking to her hand, as if she is boasting the ring wrapped on her delicate finger. I cannot help but to smile all along since I felt the timing and effort of mine are not wasted, as if the heavens gave me the blessing. Proposing to her has been my plan since she came to office, that time when she is pushing me away. Asking her in front of the crowd is not on my list, I mean that was not even my style. I just decided to do it after the scheduled appointment with Doctor Shin.

That time when my thoughts are getting blurry and ineffective, marrying her struck on my mind. I don’t know why I thought of that when the timing is bad, but it happened. Rather saying, when I can’t find my peace I begin to seek her. And that simplifies everything. I realized you cannot be ready until you are in the situation that the only answer is being with the person you want to protect. I can’t help but to smile on that thought of mine.

“Mind to share why are you smiling?” Hye asked.

“No, I am thinking how did I kneel down and asked you straight about marrying me.” I looked at her.

“You are right, when you are not even the type of person to do that some kind of act in public.”

“Did you like it?” I asked her personally.

“Hmm.” She paused. “Kind of.”

I pouted in gloom. “I would be so happy if you just say you loved it.”

“I am just thinking, are we getting faster?” She asked me. “It’s not like we are running out of something.”

I smiled at her. “Everything done with you doesn’t seem fast or slow, Hye. I don’t even bother with it. Now, on my mind is you and me. That’s all.”

“Thank you.” She held my hand. Seeing her hand with the ring I gave makes me happier even more. “Again, this will not be an easy journey but still I am thankful that we are in this together.”

“I will be with you until this journey ends and even you want to start another adventure.” I pinch her hand. I can’t wait to marry this lady in front of me.

 

***

 

“C’mon Jung Yonghwa!” Minhyuk blurted. “You are marrying her in this season? It’s Autumn!” He sounded like a Father scolding his son. “You should have proposed in Spring time.”

I wiggled my head. “What is wrong with fall? Even it is freaking drought, I am going to marry Hye.” We came back to country after proposing to Hye and Minhyuk seems to be most bothered person reg

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter