Chapter Twentytwo

Blooming Days of Autumn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yonghwa?” Jana sarcastically asked. “So Jung Yonghwa told you about me?”

Hye timidly nodded.

“Kang Minhyuk and Jung Yonghwa are the best businessmen.” Jana smiled. “So I am assuming this bakeshop can be great in a few months.”

“I didn’t ask for their business minds in my shop. I just want this place to be intimate.” Hye stood up.

“I will believe what you have just said.” She smiled. “I will appreciate if you will join me.” She pointed at the food Hye just served. “It would be a pleasure.”

Hye awkwardly agreed. This is the first time seeing Jana, who is Yonghwa’s special friend back then. She doesn’t know why and how did Jana found her but talking to her and sharing same table is not that comfortable. At the back of her mind, this is not the time to meet some people since her mind cannot even handle them.

“You are quiet.” Jana pouted.

“Since I am eating.”

“Are you this kind of quiet?” She asked again.

At this point, Hye wanted to get straight to the point and ask what her purpose is. But still, she wanted Jana to initiate it. She smiled. “I can be talkative sometimes, but not with a person that I just met first time.”

Jana laughed. “You know, you are correct!” She sipped some sweet white wine.

“Can I ask you a question?” Maybe this is the perfect time to ask the real deal.

“Of course.”

“What is the pur-

“You know me, don’t you?” Jana stopped Hye.

Again, Hye awkwardly nodded.

“I just want to know the person who’s seeing Yonghwa now.” She said. “And you seemed to be a smart girl.”

“And?” Hye is not satisfied with Jana’s answer.

“And I have so many thoughts in my mind that cannot be shown right now.” She responded calmly. “You know I am not just any friend of him. I am somehow more than what you imagine.”

“Of course, you aren’t.” Hye smiled. “But if you are going to make me deadly curious about that kind of friendship you are thinking then you are somehow messing with the wrong person.” She stood up.

Jana slightly smirked. “Shinhye, I am not here to make this kind of conversation.”

Hye didn’t respond back to her. She is losing her temper at this moment. She might be going to forget all the things someday, but taking courage to the people she loves won’t make her a lesser person.

“You two are so alike. Strong and honest.” Jana stood up. “How much is my check?”

“This will be free of charge.” Hye said. “Jana, I hope in our next meeting it won’t be as bad as today.” She managed to smile. “Because the bottom line is, we love Yonghwa. That’s all.”

“We?” Jana extended her right hand. “I understand.”

Hye responded to the handshake. “Come again.”

 

 

 

***

Getting back at work early in the morning refreshes me. I grinned at my own thought. Maybe Hye is correct, this is the field I am most comfortable and best. Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter