Chapter Thirtynine

Blooming Days of Autumn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That night passed. That night when I have confessed all my worries to her. That night when I talked to her like everything is a fairytale.

That night when we honestly defined pain and laughed about it. The night, when I wished it would last forever.

 

It has been a year since that night and I do remember it clearly. My wife does not live with me anymore. And over the past year, it did not surprise me anymore. It was like that night was the beginning of our reality. Shinhye remembers me seldom, she remembers everyone rarely.

I knew if Shinhye is aware of this she will insist to live with me, but her younger memory wants to live with her Mom. And I don’t have any reasons to decline that.

Even this has happened. I do not blame anyone.

Because I know in myself that I love her. I love her eternally that all I do is wait for her. This is me saying but it was all about her. This is not my story but it is all about her life. She is my life. Looking back when saw I her, it was like bright days have started.

 

I am that clueless person who entered her life. I keep looking back why a person like me who keeps playing in a safer win side bets for a momentarily contentment? It was like a gambler decided to lose. It was like her love sufficed everything to me. Back then Minhyuk said to me that maybe I was just challenged, since I wanted to fix everything on the palm of my hand. So he was not supporting me. I was that person.

But Minhyuk made the way to her. I am forever thankful to him.

 

I have a confession to make. Shinhye broke my sleeping world. Her smile led me to a whole new adventure. Her shining aura made me realize that there is life on my dying heart. Even now, even if she looks at me differently, she still makes my smile. Because at least, she still glance at me.

Still, she loves me. I know that.

It was like even the falling leaves in autumn seem to be deceased, there is still the roots under the tree that keeps it alive. That there is still life. It was like even the wind departs and never go to same direction, there is still a way that it will flourish somewhere. That there still chance.

 

And chances give us hope. Hope gives us life. Life gives us happiness. And happiness is eternal.

 

And life is like blooming days in autumn. It is not perfect but we are sailing for happiness. That despite of the lifeless colors we still have that eager to smile to the one we love.

 

***

 

“Who is it?” I said while going after the door.

“Let’s go!” Minhyuk exclaimed.

“Where are we going?” I asked. “Why should we wake up so early on a Sunday morning?”

Minhyuk huffed. “We are going to Yeoreum’s.”

I smirked. “Okay, hold on.” Then I laughed. “So, you are really pursuing her?”

He stopped. “Can’t I?”

“I believe my wife will disagree on this.” I said. “She wouldn’t let her bestfriend to be with you.”

Minhyuk entered my pl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter