Chapter Seven

Blooming Days of Autumn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I am down with three steps and I will see Jana for the first time in five years. The last thing that I remember with her was, us letting go with each other. Well, it is me who broke the line but even now I did not have regrets. Five years ago, when she's letting me choose between her or the bright future I can take - I left her. It is not that I didn't love her or what, but I am just starting back then. I can't afford to lose the future I have not even reaching with the pinky finger. I sighed. For that moment, I pushed the door and saw her smiling at me. She's changed, the lady I am seeing now was not the Jana I used to hang out. She seems so intelligent and competitive, I smiled back. 

"It's been a long time." I reached my hand to her. 

"Are you reaching your goals now?" Jana smiled. "Was it worth it?" 

I was puzzled with her question. I don't know what to answer because I know what will I say will probably hurt her. "Worth what?" I browsed the proposals in front of us. 

"It's been five years later, but it feels like I am still the one pushing the blocks." She smiled at me. "Well, we came here for business so we need to talk professionally." 


I though she will starting mumbling about our personally things again, because that is Jana's trademark. She really changed and I am bit proud that she made it this far. Until the end of our meeting, we only talked professionally. 

 

"Jung Yonghwa, looking forward having great business with you." She smiled. "I guess, we have to meet each other occasionally." 

"My pleasure." I tapped her back.

 

***


"So what happened to the meeting?" Minhyuk asked me. 

"Good." I responded a short reply.

"That lady is a tiger I tell you. She looks like a puppy but her business skills are really exotic." Minhyuk keep on nodding on his words. 

"Yes, but that tiger is a lady too. Ladies in this kind of business are nothing compared to men." My ego streaked again. "We can do this, Minhyuk." 

He stood up. "I know. You are Jung Yonghwa. What can't you do?" Then he handed me a box of pastries. "I bought that to Hye's shop. I never imagined that you liked those type of women. Innocent and caring. I thought you like female fatale types." He winked. 

I was dumbfounded there. I have a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter