Chapter Twelve

Blooming Days of Autumn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It is Sunday morning. Thirty minutes ago, I was filled with excitement and hope. About knowing the lady I met like fate. I was getting the happiness I have been dreaming unconsciously. I was. Until the words came out, that it is only the god damn coffee you can offer to me. That’s it. It is a Sunday morning but I felt I am not blessed at all.

On a second thought, I don’t want to ask why. I don’t want to hear what she will say next. I don’t want to hurt more. I don’t want to gamble my lasting feelings now.

I had been shut out.

“G-got it.” I whispered. “I will not ask why.” I smiled cumbersomely.

“I am glad that you are Jung Yonghwa.” She responded to my smile. “As you tell me about yourself, I know that explanations of the people surrounding you are nonsense. I’m glad that I don’t need to create acceptable reasons why I rejected you.”

I really explained myself to her as an ambitious cold man. Hye easily adopted it. This is freakily offbeat.  “Genuine or not, a reason will be a reason.” I stated.

“Sorry, Yong.” She looked at me. “Sorry for disturbing your life for a month? You can go back being the Jung Yonghwa. I will be so proud seeing you catch your dreams.”

“Me too.” That’s all I can say to her. I never assumed it is not disturbing my life. I believed all along that Hye will change my life. I was ready to drop the old Jung Yonghwa. I never thought that at this point, I am going back to the existence I am ready to let go.

 

***

“Are these things you called reports?” I raised my tone. “This is a complete junk.”

“I am sorry, Sir.” The new employee seemed nervous. He gathered all the reports in front of me and held it back to his arms. “I will revise these immediately.”

I stand up. “Revise?”

He nodded.

“I just said it is a junk. And we are not working here to do recycles.” I think I am not in my sense. I am this focused driver but I felt I am being pushy with the people surrounding me. I want to punch myself so much. “Just leave it there.”

 

Minhyuk entered my office. “You can go out. I will be in charge in this.” He calmly said the other person.

“Thank you, Sir.”

I sat on the couch near the big window. I am so glad that there is Minhyuk that can only balance the tension.

“Stand up, Jung Yonghwa.” He said with authority. His tone is a bit serious. I face him and after that he punched me hard. “What are you doing? Are you going to make all the people here out?!”

“You know I am just being focus with our job.” I lied.

“I know, but what you are doi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter