Chapter Thirty

Blooming Days of Autumn
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is the first day of us being united as one. I was awaken by that beautiful thought in my mind, my wife is sleeping soundly like a child. I just like to caress her hair and stare at her beautiful face all day long. Making her good breakfast popped on my mind, I immediately pecked a kiss in her forehead and get up. “Just sleep some more.” I whispered at her.

I laughed at myself. This is actually the first time I will cook for someone, and the fact that I barely made one for myself. “This is ridiculous, Yonghwa.” I said. The odd thing is, I am saying that I am absurd but for her I would just do it. I started to set the table when I heard a sound coming on our room. I smiled, maybe she is wild awake now. I rushed preparing our breakfast and headed to her.

The time that I opened the door, all I can see are clutters. Blankets are in floor and things in table are messed up. And in top of that, Hye is nowhere to be found in our bed. This is our first day together and it’s supposed to be a chill happy day, but now I am more worried and helpless. “Hye?” I said. “Are you there?” I knocked the bathroom door. “Are you okay?” I need to be sane now, to be stronger than her so she can depend on me.

“I-I am okay, Yong.” She whispered. “Sorry about the mess, I’ll clean that later. Don’t worry about me.” This time her voice seems to be happier, but she can’t lie to me. Nothing is okay right now.

I didn’t respond as I clean the mess in our room. My tears are nearly falling but this is not the time. “This is not like you, Jung Yonghwa. You are not a crybaby.” I stated to myself. “You are Jung Yonghwa.” I enforced myself to gain some confidence and go on.

 

Hye opened the door slowly, her face is red and gloomy. “Good morning.” She smiled.

“Good morning.” I stand up and gave her a hug. “How are you?” I caressed her hair. “Honestly.”

She embraced me back. “I just had a bad dream. That the time I woke up, one moment it’s seems I forgot everything.”

Sadly, that’s not a dream. “Do you always have that nightmare?” I asked.

She nodded. “I’m scared.” Then she cried. “I am scared that it will turn into reality.”

“Don’t worry. It will never happen.” I calmed her. “We should get for breakfast, I made that special for my wife.” I faced her and kiss her tears away.

 

 

***

 

“Yonghwa, you know it is not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter