Are You Okay?

Catfish

Just like Wonsik promised he visits Hongbin at night, it was around 7pm when He knocked on Hongbin’s door. It took a while until Hongbin opened the door and let Wonsik in.

“Are you okay? Feeling already better than you did this morning?” Wonsik asked as they walked into the living room.
“I do feel a little better, but still the pressure is pretty high. I kind of fell behind my schedule, According to my planning I already should have started on the editing but I’m still going through all the pictures.”
“Can I help you with something?”
“Um… you know, we have to turn in the assignments of chapter three for math by tomorrow. I still haven’t had any time. So if you can make it, that would be really nice.”
“Of all subjects it has to be math… you know I’m not that good in it but I’ll do my best. Oh and before I forgot, I got your album.” Wonsik said and gave a small bag to Hongbin.

Hongbin took the bag and immediately pulled the album out of the bag. He removed the plastic that was around the album. He opened the album to look through it before he placed the CD in his CD-player. The moment Park Hyoshin’s music filled the room with his newest songs, was the moment Hongbin starts to feel more relaxed.

“Do you want something to drink?”
“That would be nice.”

Hongbin walked to the kitchen to prepare their drinks, in the meanwhile Wonsik took his seat at the table and opened Hongbin’s math book after he made some space. The table was pretty messy, so unlike Hongbin. It must have been the stress why the table was full of papers.

After a while Hongbin walked back in the living room, holding two cups in his hands. He took his seat next to Wonsik and gave him his cup of tea.

“Does Sanghyuk already know if that guy returned his feelings?” Hongbin asked and took a sip of his tea
He does. Hyeonwoo feels the same way.”
“Ah I see.” Hongbin said and let out a sigh. The two of them just stayed quiet; only the Park Hyoshin ballads could be heard in the background.

“It wasn’t only the fighting and the stress why you left this morning, was it?” Wonsik asked after a while “Even now when we both are just drinking tea and listening to the songs of your favorite artist. You still seem a bit down. Like something else is bothering you.”
“It’s something you probably won’t understand.”
“I can always try to understand. Seriously you can trust me, I won’t laugh or judge. You know how I am. I really want to help you.”
“I know that.” He let out another sigh “You were right, it wasn’t only  the fighting that bothered me. Just the whole thing about seeing Sanghyuk acting like that. Acting like how he is so in love with someone he doesn’t even know. It makes me worry so much, I don’t want him to get hurt.” He said, placing his arms on the table and leaning his head on his arms. “I just wish those feelings would go away…”
“By any chance. Are you in love with Sanghyuk?”
“I wish I didn’t. Things would have been so much easier that way.”
“There is nothing wrong with falling in love with your best friend. A lot of people fall for their best friends. It’s nothing to be ashamed of. It’s just the timing, since that guy returned Sanghyuk’s feelings.”
“I know, the timing ...”
“yeah… but I’m glad you told me what was on your mind. You shouldn’t bottle all your feelings up, it’s good to talk about it from time to time.”
“I know. Thanks for listening and being here for me.” he said and took his last sip of tea “Maybe we should get started.”
“Yeah.”

The two of them then began to work, trying to finish it all as soon as possible. It was around half past twelve when the work was done. Since it was already to late and public transport doesn’t ride at this time, Wonsik stayed over for the night.

The next morning, Hongbin woke up by his alarm. He slipped out of bed and walked past Wonsik who was sleeping on the ground in his room. He kind of felt guilty to let his best friend sleep on the ground but the other told him it’s fine since he can sleep everywhere if he wants too. Hongbin walked into the kitchen, heating the water in the water boiler and made breakfast for the two of them before he tried to wake up Wonsik.

“Wonsik, wake up.” Hongbin tried but got no reaction. “Come on Wonsik, we have to go to school in thirty minutes.” This time he shook his friend, trying to get him awake but again no reaction.

Hongbin knew how important sleep is for his friend, he always needs at least eight hours or else he won’t be able to wake up on time and since he went to bed at almost midnight, he barely had seven hours of sleep.

“I’m sorry.” Hongbin said before he walked over to his closet and took an air horn. He pressed the button and a loud sound filled the room, waking up Wonsik right away. Just like all the times before, when Wonsik stayed over and they had to get up early the next day.

“Holy , Hongbin. What was that for? You almost gave me a heart attack.” Wonsik said, still in shock of the sudden sound that woke him and probably the whole neighborhood up.
“Sorry, I had no other choice. We have to go to school soon. I already prepared breakfast.” Hongbin said
“What time is it?”
“Half past seven. We need to leave at seven if we want to catch the bus of twenty past seven.”

The two of them ate their breakfast and then got dressed for school. They got ready just on time and where able to catch the bus. When they arrived everyone except Jaehwan were already waiting. When they got closer they could hear Sanghyuk’s happy voice as he talked to his hyungs. Wonsik and Hongbin didn’t question it, already knowing by Sanghyuk’s actions that his good mood was because of his boyfriend.

Hongbin just didn’t want to hear anything about it and Wonsik didn’t want to ask anything about it since he knew it would hurt Hongbin. But they couldn’t avoid it forever since some minutes later Jaehwan arrived and asked Sanghyuk everything about his boyfriend.

“And? Did you already talk? What did you talk about? I bet it must be really adorable all the things you tell each other.”
“We did talk, he even sent a picture” Sanghyuk told him. “He’s really handsome!”
“Really? Show me, I want to see what handsome fish you caught.”

Sanghyuk let out a laugh before he took his phone out of his pocket.

“He is pretty handsome indeed.” Jaehwan told him as he saw the picture “You’re such a lucky guy to have such a handsome boyfriend.”
“He sent a picture?” Wonsik asked, he wasn’t planning on asking anything about Hyeonwoo but Jaehwan’s reaction kind of made him curious.
“He did. Look.”

Sanghyuk then placed his phone in Wonsik’s hand.

“I know that person.” Wonsik said as he took a closer look at the picture. “Now I know why his name sounded so familiar.”
“You know him?”
“I do, but I don’t have any contact with him. He used to be a classmate, three – four  years ago.” Wonsik told him, giving Sanghyuk, who wasn’t smiling that bright anymore, his phone back. However it didn’t last long until that smile appeared again as Sanghyuk got another message from Hyeonwoo.