Stalker Yinzi

Two Melodies

 

 

Sehun was in big trouble. 

Chen, who was studying accountancy, asked where he got the money that he placed as a bet. He was older than Chanyeol by a few months, and he reminded us of that. He was the da ge at the moment. Not Chanyeol. And when it came to money matters, he was the one to run to. He was the future accountant of the family.

Sehun had recklessly used the money that he collected from his class for their upcoming trip. He was the class treasurer. He had impulsively accepted a drag race invitation by one of his class project members and used their money, not telling them.

Chen asked if he still had money in his personal account. Sehun had said that he was afraid to withdraw that much money as a one-time big time transaction, because at the end of the month, papa would sure question him about the amount. It would be easier for him to get out of this one if he bought something that he could actually show papa. Nobody ever uses up this much money on a drag racing bet.

Chanyeol had scratched his head and kept sighing loudly. He had suggested that he pitch in some amount and loan to Sehun. But he was also concerned that his college fund wouldn't be enough for the week. He already had set up a weekly budget for himself with the money in his personal account. Papa would be asking him what he spent the extra money on.

Chen had also suggested the same thing, saying that he would be able to find a way to make up an excuse to papa in case he was questioned.

Kai just shook his head, saying he couldn't do it. He had a major purchase recently, and dare not risk spending extra. He just had his car re-upholstered, because he didn't like the leather seats.

I volunteered to help Sehun.

I haven't made any major purchases and I didn't think papa would question my account since he didn't really ask me about it since he opened it for me. 

Sehun sighed loudly and refused my help. But I knew he needed my help. I told him he can pay me off little by little.

Chen joked, saying that Sehun should find a part time job to pay me off. Chanyeol snorted and slapped Chen's back, saying he was a genius. Ka just laughed. He had sat beside me and nodded at me in approval, saying that Sehun should really find a part time job to pay me off.

We all eyed Sehun after that. He just sat there for some minutes, fiddling his thumbs. Then he hung his head back, with his eyes closed.

Sehun: Ahhhhhrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Chen: So?
Chanyeol: It's a good idea, you know.
Chen: Yep. Papa won't have to know you are working.
Kai: And....in case papa finds out you are working, he'd be proud. He doesn't have to know the real reason why you are working. You can just say that-
Chen: That you wanted to see how it is working...you know, experience.
Chanyeol: Exactly.
Kai: Good idea, right?
Me: Question is, what kind of part time job would he look for?
Kai: Ah, that's not a problem.
Chen: What skill are you excellent at?
Sehun: I don't know. Skateboarding?
Kai: Wrong.
Sehun: What?
Kai: You got in this mess by drag racing, right?
Sehun: Yeah. So....?
Kai: Find a driving job.
Chanyeol: There's one I know.
Sehun: Delivery?
Chanyeol: No. Like a private driver.
Sehun: Huh?
Chanyeol: Look for classmates and offer to be carpool driver.
Sehun: You know our school has 80% student population who drives their own cars.
Chanyeol: There's the 20% population who uses the school bus service and commutes?
Chen: You have classmates who would want to carpool, you know.
Kai: Like...
Me: Why not just work at a cafe or something?
Sehun: Yeah...yeah...
Me: You don't have to tire yourself from driving.
Chen: *shrugs* it was just a suggestion.

 


 

Sehun decided to accept my help and find a part time job to pay me off. He also said that he would help me in case papa asked me about my account. I told him that papa won't. I just had that feeling that papa trusted me with money, so he didn't question my purchases and didn't ask me to report about my finances every month.


The house was eerie quiet. There were five of us, but it felt weird. Chanyeol and Chen weren't making any usual noise. Kai and Sehun too. I got used to the noise the boys made whenever papa was not home. Back in London, the oldies were almost out of the house since they either had school or extra-curricular stuff going on. However, it wasn't as quiet as now. The house in London wasn't as large or spacious as this one, and our nearest neighbor was just a stone's throw away. The house was also situated on a busy street, so cars drive by every now and then. Anyway, looking inside the house, it made me reminisce the times when we first moved back since it has been reconstructed. 

That day we moved back, the house was in its usual chaos. Tao and Kai making use of all the stairs to run up and down as they helped bring stuff upstairs. Chen and Lay had explored the whole of downstairs and the pool area instead of helping out, so Luhan had to scold them. You'd be able to hear his voice from across the street. And because there was a driveway before you reach our gate, you could only imagine how far was the actual house was from the street. However, the lack of noise coming from the cars passing by wasn't obvious, because of the noise my brothers made.

I was reminded of the fact that Jungkook and his family had moved to a new house. Since his dad quit Soo Kui's company (like papa), they had to move to a new home. The house they lived in was sort of a housing privilege for the managers and directors of Soo Kui's company.

I didn't know where the new house was. Jungkook had asked if I wanted to come with him and check it out. I was curious. I haven't seen them post any pictures of their new house online, but I haven't really gone around to stalking his SNS accounts too.

The boys had probably gone to bed since it was almost midnight and I decided to finally give in to stalking his SNS.

I my laptop and sat comfortably in bed as I logged in. I went for Facebook first. Yes, I have sent him messages before, but I didn't really click to view his profile page, so I didn't know what else he posted. I steered clear away from my homepage too, so I wouldn't have to see any posts from him. And during the last three years, I busied myself with studying and spending time outside with classmates and new friends. Oh, and asking Taeyong to show me around the area. He proved to be a good friend over the years. He thanked me for making him change his bratty ways. Although, he was still bratty nowadays, most of it has been mellowed down in the span of three years.

So, yeah. There I was stalking Jungkook's Facebook profile.

His most recent status update was just done a few minutes ago.

"So, J hyung decided to barge in the bathroom while I was showering...only to say HI. I should probably lock the bathroom door from now on."

I giggled. So that meant he showers with the bathroom door unlocked. Anyone can just barge in anytime. I tried to banish the next thoughts off my mind. They were just full of parental guidance stuff. Actually, worse than parental guidance stuff.

I couldn't resist "liking" the status. I could see that some of his friends already liked it and a couple of them commented. But I held on to pressing the like button until I was able to see the stuff that I wanted to see. I scrolled down. He updated his status regularly, I noticed. There were a few photos uploaded a couple of hours ago. 

My face. And his face. In one photo.

Why didn't I remember having that taken?

He used his stealthiness again. I swear.

There were three photos on that one post. He captioned it as:

"Ice cream with someone I haven't seen for three years. Still silly, I swear."

Me? Silly?

Tch.

The pictures he took was of me and him while eating ice cream. In one of the pictures, it looked like I was looking directly at the camera, but I remembered that I was in a daze at that time. I actually didn't have any idea that he was already taking pictures. 

Tch.

He looked smug in each of the pictures. He was smiling like a boss, and me looking oblivious, save for that one picture where I looked like I was looking at the camera even if I was really not.

I stared at the pictures for a bit and forgot my real purpose. If not for seeing the background, as in the ice cream shop's furniture and colored walls, I would probably had stared at the photos longer.

Instead of scrolling down, I went to click the updates from the year before. They had probably spent their Christmas in Napa Valley, since Jin was already there that time.

And yep, there it was. A few of his posts showing parts of their new home. Most of the pictures were of him, J and Jimin horsing around the place. The captions were hilarious, tagging Jin on each post. You could tell that they were showing off the house to their oldest brother. It seemed like Jin was already in the States when they moved to the new house.

The house was brightly lit, sort of like Taehyung's house. But what caught my eye were the glass columns that housed wine bottles. I focused on one and it was sort of like a glass cabinet that spanned from the floor to ceiling. There were at least for glass columns...or cabinets...or whatever you called it. They were strategically placed around the bar and sitting areas. Jungkook had captioned it as:

"Hyung, look what appa did for the wine. Cool huh?"

Most of the photos were taken in a room supposed to have been Jin's. His room was barren, save for his bed and his clothes that were hastily stored inside the closet. J had posed inside the closet with Jin's unpacked boxes of clothes. Jimin had lain on the bed and placed a comment that he was the first person to have lain on the new bed. He seemed to have been annoying Jin, since the older Kim wasn't home.

The other photos were taken in other parts of the house. I sorted his other posts on their new home to see the outside. There were only two pictures taken outside the house that showed the front. And it wasn't the whole facade. Just part of the front, by the door. One was of Jungkook was sitting on the steps near the door and had on a big wide grin while putting up his two hands to form the V signs. The other was of Jungkook and J naturally being goofy as they walked away from the house. I had bet that Jimin took the picture. From what I saw, their new home looked a bit modern. More like California contemporary style. Their appa must have been highly influenced by the California real estate market. 

Then I remembered that Jimin was the camera between the Kim brothers. He probably would have tons of pictures. Before I went to check out Jimin's account profile, I clicked the "like" button on Jungkook's most recent status update about his shower.

I chuckled as I imagined him receiving a notification that I liked his status.

I went ahead to check Jimin's photo album on his account. And yeah, he had at least two albums dedicated to their new home. He did have the photos I wanted to see. Some of the photos had Taehyung in them. Of course. He and Jimin were buddies, so it was but natural for him to be invited to their house and take crazy pictures.

Something caught my eye as I scrolled through the photos. There was an album titled "월광" and if my memory served me right, it meant "moonlight". I giggled. Somehow, I already knew what the album was for. I left the album of house photos. I opened the one that caught my eye.

Yue and Jimin.

*stifles a scream and giggle*

Yup. Yue's name meant "moon".

Jimin and her started dating when I left for London. Kim Jaejoong didn't really have a strict dating rule for his boys. Jimin was free to date anyone he liked, too. Jin wasn't dating though, as far as I knew. And J didn't seem to be the type to be dating at this time, as well. He was busy exploring stuff with Namjoon. Hahah. Among the Kim boys, I saw Jimin to be the one famous with the girls.

And Jungkook.

But I shut that thought far far back in the deepest recesses of my mind. I didn't want to admit that he was popular with the girls. 

I smiled to myself as I clicked through every photo of Yue and Jimin together. They looked cute. There wasn't any pic that showed them too close, though. Most of the photos were either wacky shots or of the two standing side by side and smiling at the camera. I didn't really see a photo of them holding hands or Jimin's hands around Yue's shoulder or...yeah.

I snorted.

I was being snoopy.

But I felt happy for my friend. It looked like Jimin was taking care of her. Then I remembered that he was in college and in California. I had to sigh. It was a long distance relationship for them now.

*Facebook pop*

I almost squealed.

Jungkook had sent a chat message. The chat box was blinking.

I had a feeling it was about me liking his bathroom post. I laughed at myself for being courageous enough to stalk him.

I clicked open the chat box. 

"Wanna barge in the bathroom with J hyung too?"
"What?"
"Hahaha. You liked my post."
"It was funny."

OTL.

"So, you've been stalking my Facebook, huh? See anything you like?"

Yes.

No.

"I wasn't stalking. It appeared on my newsfeed."
"Oh. Right."

Got out of that one real fast.

Whew.

"Tell J oppa I salute him for doing that. LOL."
"I'm not gonna tell him that. In fact, I'm gonna get even."
"What? Barge in on him while showering too?"
"No. He locks the door when he showers."
"Oh...kay."
"I'm thinking more of installing a camera in the shower before his turn."
"And show it to him after?"
"Exactly."

Why am I talking about ersion with Jungkook? OTL.

"Uhm, so...you just took a shower, huh."
"Yes."
"Hmm. Fresh from the shower. About to sleep?"
"On that note, let's change topic."

Better. Because I was having dirty thoughts again. Forgive me. I'm weak right now.

"Ne."
"So, like I said earlier, did you see anything you like?"
"Where?"

Then he suddenly uploaded photos I have not seen on his wall. He sent two photos. They were photos taken at the ice cream shop too. This guy was a pro when taking candid shots. 

"I didn't upload these because I wanted to keep them for myself."
"You're suddenly cheesy, you know."
"There was cheese in the ice cream. And I had cheese pizza for dinner."
"Figures."
"It was nice seeing you again. And talking with you. Although we didn't really talk that much. I'm just glad to see you again."
"Yeah. Me too."
"Did your Chanyeol oppa get mad?"
"Oh, yes and no."
"What do you mean?"
"No, he didn't get mad because of you. He got mad because of Sehun ge."
"Hmm. He's home, then?"
"Yup."
"Ah, good to know."
"Do you know any of your classmates who are on to drag racing?"
"There are a few of them, yeah. Why?"
"Sehun ge went drag racing."
"Cool."
"Uncool."
"Waeyo?"
"He placed a huge bet and lost."
"Ouch. That is uncool."
"Now, he needs to have a part time job to pay me off."
"Did he ask money from you to bet?"
"Uh...not really. But let's just say that I lent him some so he could pay off that bet."
"He can work at the ice cream shop."
"Jinjja?"
"Have him call Namjoon hyung. I think he can make some arrangements for Sehun there."
"Papa doesn't have to know. As much as possible, we want him to work somewhere that papa won't know about. But if it happened that papa hear about him working, we'd have a good cover. We can just tell papa that Sehun was just testing to have work experience."
"Yeah, he can work at the ice cream shop. I can ask J hyung to tell Namjoon hyung too. If you like?"
"Well, he brought this upon himself. But I'd like to help him out any way I can. So yes, please."
"Anything for you."

Can I die?

Not yet.

"Thanks."
"It's midnight. Aren't you going to sleep yet?"
"In a bit."
"You still want to talk to me, right."

That wasn't a question.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Yes.

"No. Don't be assuming."
"I'm not. I really think you want to fall asleep talking to me."

I hate you.

I don't hate you.

"Cheese is bad for you."
"Hahaha. On the contrary, I think it's good for me."

And then he sent a winking smiley.

Gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

STOP IT!

I rolled my eyes and thought hard on what to reply.

"Then ice cream is bad for you."
"Wu Yinzi. I'm not allergic to ice cream."
"I didn't say you were."
"You free tomorrow afternoon?"
"After class?"
"Yeah."
"Why?"
"Since you say cheese and ice cream are bad for me, I'm thinking of going somewhere that cheese and ice cream are not present."
"And?"
"I want you to come with me."
"Why?"
"Who knows? The food there might be bad for me too. You can go with me to make sure what I eat is not bad for me."

Smooth.

How could I say no to that?

Ugh.

"Okay."
"Great! Pick you up same time, same place?"
"Okay."
"Goodnight, Yinzi. Sweet dreams."
"Are you sleepy?"
"Oh. I got the feeling you still wanna talk to me."

Winking smiley.

Fudge.

"Goodnight, Jungkook."
"Hahaha."
"Go to sleep. Tch."
"Okay."

And he logged off. I decided to log off as well. I still had classes the next day. Chen and Chanyeol were leaving for Japan around lunch time. I'd have to wake up early so I can still see them before they left.

I put away my laptop and snuggled under my blanket. I took my phone to set my alarm. It beeped. I had a message. I opened it and saw that it was from Jungkook. He sent a photo of him on his bed, hugging his pillow and his eyes closed pretending to sleep.

"I'm already sleeping, Yinzi. Look."

Damn you.

I replied with: 

"I'm sleeping too. Zzzzzzz..."

 



 

I don't actually know what to say. I'm still not over gushing over BTS' "Sick" concept photos. Officer Jeon Jungkook. "KNP SWAT personnel" And as we know, SWAT is defined as a group of elite police marksmen who specialize in high-risk tasks such as hostage rescue. I feel like I wanna be rescued by Jungkook. LOL. Holy BTS! Min Yoongi is exceptionally ruining my bias list for this group too, tbh. He looks so good with blonde hair. And Jung Hoseok. I gotta say Hobi has got some swag of his own. I don't think I can...anymore... ㅠ.ㅠ

Anyway, JungYi's first melody is going well, so far. I wonder about the second melody. Hmmm... How about you? 

As I always end a Wu kids fic chapter, 吴愛你們。我愛你們。♥♥♥

SOMEONE PLEASE HOLD ME. NO. DON'T TOUCH ME. LOL. If you saw that bit where they danced part of the SICK choreo on their 2nd anniversay special news report, OMG. I cannot. I really can't. And then imagining them wearing their red elevator costumes. ㅠ.ㅠ