Mind Your Hormones

Two Melodies

 

 

 

It was a hard moment for Jungkook, but he managed to tell his appa in a cool way. He told his appa that he was just going to treat me out for dinner on the River Seine cruise. Mr. Kim thought for a while and told him he should have just asked instead of going to Jimin or Jin for money. Papa was thinking hard, too. I didn't know if he was thinking Jungkook was being sweet or if he was thinking twice about agreeing to marry me off to him.

Mr. Kim chided that Jungkook shouldn't hide things like this from him next time. Jungkook just nodded to this. Nevertheless, Mr. Kim made some calls and I heard him making a reservation for the river cruise. Outside, I looked calm, but inside, I giggled. I looked at Jungkook and he was hiding a smile, too. 

Papa: Don't stay out too late, Xiao Yi...Jungkook.
JK: Yes, sir.
Papa: Mind your hormones, young man.
JK: I...uh...yes...sir.

I wanted to kick papa, but you know, respect your parents. 

Ugh!

That was more thank awkward. I turned red and couldn't look at Jungkook for a while.

 



Papa left for Zürich in the evening, but I didn't have to see him off. I told him to send my regards to Baekhyun. I bet that gege was enjoying himself there. I had dinner with Jungkook and his dad that night. The river cruise was set for the next evening, the night before we return to Beijing. 

It was a formal dinner. Well, what do you expect? Mr. Kim met some business colleagues at the restaurant where we dined and graciously introduced his son and I to the businessmen. Jungkook was introduced as his youngest heir and just recently social. I was introduced as Wu Zun's only daughter and a debutant, his son as my cavalier.

It sounded surreal, hearing the words "debutante" and "society" in the same sentence. I only heard it around me while growing up. Right now, I was considered to have reached the age of maturity. 

Yeah, right. LOL.

And guess what?

Dimwit's father made an appearance at the restaurant. He was staying in Paris for a little while longer after the ball. He came up to our table to shake Mr. Kim's hand and gushed about how he was a "fan" of the Kim's wine label. To my dismay, Dimwit was with him.

Jungkook seemed to like the situation, though. He had a smug smile as Dimwit stood behind his father. I tried to kick him from under the table, but he just snorted at me. He was enjoying the moment. Dimwit glared at Jungkook, but the bunny just wiggled his eyebrows and picked up his wine glass. He raised the glass as if to make a toast and drank. Dimwit's dad asked for Mr. Kim's number to set up an appointment with him, but Kim Jaejoong politely declined, saying he was off to California early the next day for an urgent meeting. Dimwit's eyes traveled from Jungkook to me. He smiled coyly. Jungkook didn't like it, I guess, because he suddenly held my hand and laced our fingers together.

Mr. Kim and Dimwit's dad were still talking, and Jungkook found it an opportunity to annoy him more.

JK: Xiao Yi, didn't you say you only like me?
Me: Hmm?
JK: Are you looking forward to the river cruise?
Me: Yes, why?
JK: Me, too. I bet some people are envious that I'd be spending some time with you.
Me: Who?
JK: Oh, just some people who don't matter.
Me: You mean, those people who don't know how to respect girls?
JK: Precisely.
Me: Ahh...

Dimwit had to excuse himself and walked away grumbling. Jungkook grinned mischievously.

Because Mr. Kim met several business colleagues, he told Jungkook to me back to my hotel room, to which Jungkook obliged happily.

Outside the restaurant, rain softly fell on the sidewalk. There was an attendant carrying umbrellas. He hailed a cab for us and helped us get in without getting wet. Jungkook placed his coat over my head, as well.

Inside the cab, he draped his coat around me, making me feel warm.

Arriving at the hotel, he covered my head with his coat again. He got wet, though. I told him to go to his room and change to dry clothes right away. He just grinned and said he'll be fine. Then he sneezed.

Aish.

I pulled him inside my room and let him sit on a chair. I went to get a dry towel and dried his hair with it. I told him to stay put while I go get changed. He sneezed again and smiled.

When I got out of the bathroom, he wasn't where I left him. The towel was neatly hung on the back of the chair. I just sighed and wished he was okay.

I took out my phone and sent him a message, asking him if he was back in his room. He replied telling me he was about to get changed and that I shouldn't worry. I sent him a smiley and a heart emoji wishing him a good night's sleep. He replied with a photo of him giving a thumbs up. I hugged my phone. Then as I laid on the bed, I snapped a photo of myself and sent it to him, saying he should sleep now so he'd feel better tomorrow for our dinner date.

We exchanged snaps for a while before falling asleep. I woke up middle of the night with my phone in my hand. I carelessly placed it on top of the night table and went back to sleep.

 


 

I got woken up the next day by a knock on my door. I scrambled up and looking at my reflection in the mirror quickly, ran to get the door. I expected to see him standing outside my door. But when I opened it, it wasn't him. Instead, a uniformed guy with a head of white roses stood outside. The bouquet appeared to be his head because he held it up to hide his face.

"Good morning, Miss Wu. Flower delivery for you from Mr. Kim."

I giggled and took the bouquet of flowers from him. I thanked him and he went on his way.

I closed the door and carried the flowers with me to the bed. I sat down and smelled the roses. I remembered he said he would be sending me flowers every morning while we were in Paris. It made me smile more. The day after the ball, there was also a small basket of lilies waiting for me at the reception. He had said he was being discreet, so as not to get caught by his dad that we slept in the same room.

I grabbed my phone from the night table and started typing a thank you message to him. 

"Good morning, Mr. Kim. I got the flowers. Thank you! :)"

I stared at my screen, waiting for his reply, but there was nothing. I shrugged, thinking he probably was still asleep or he went to see his dad off at the airport.

I placed my phone back on the table and thought about having breakfast downstairs with him. But if he was still asleep or out, I shouldn't wait for him. I'd let him sleep in or let himbe with his dad for a bit.

I went to take a quick shower before going down for breakfast. I felt fresher that way. I kept checking my phone every now and then for his reply. I finished my breakfast, but he still has not replied. I got worried. I went to the reception and asked if Jungkook had gone out. They checked on it, but said only his dad checked out, saying Jungkook would be staying one more day at the hotel. I thanked them and went back up.

I stood outside his room and knocked.

No response.

I knocked again.

Still no response.

I took out my phone and dialled his number. He wasn't picking up. I got frustrated that I kept knocking on his door and calling him back.

The door finally opened.

Me: Why didn't you--?

I stopped right when I saw him. He had sunken eyes and had disheveled hair. I could see that he dragged his feet to open the door. I immediately placed my palms on his cheeks and felt him burning with fever. I got mad at myself for being impatient.

I pulled him back to the bed and let him lie down. I scolded myself inside while I covered him with his blanket. I didn't say anything else, but went to check for the First Aid kit in the room and found medicine. I brought it to him with a glass of water and told him to drink it.

He just grunted and breathed deeply. Instead of taking the medicine, he hugged me and muttered.

Him: I'm sick...I can't go to dinner with you. Mianhae.

I rolled my eyes, but let him hug me.

Me: Drink this, please. It's okay. We don't have to go out for dinner. What matters is that you get better.
Him: I'm sick...
Me: I know. I can see that. I can even feel it. Does your appa know?
Him: Aniyo.
Me: Why didn't you tell him? Aish!
Him: I want you to take care of me.
Me: But you're not even taking the medicine I'm giving you.

He grabbed my wrist and took the pill from my hand. He popped it in his mouth and drank the water. He gave me the empty glass and laid down. I placed the glass on the bedside table.

I huffed.

He chuckled.

I side-glanced at him.

He grinned.

Me: Are you faking this fever?
Him: Aniyooooo. I'm really sick.
Me: Why are you smiling like that?
Him: Because you're taking care of me.

He shifted and hugged my waist. He closed his eyes, then.

Me: You didn't reply or take my calls earlier.
Him: I was asleep...couldn't hear...and couldn't move...don't move...stay here...
Me: I'm not going anywhere. Just sleep.
Him: Promise me you won't go anywhere.
Me: How can I even move when you are hugging me?
Him: Hehehe.

I patted his cheeks. It was soft, yet muscular. He was breathing fast. He had fallen asleep again. I ran my fingers along his cheek. He was hot. I mean, literally. Ugh.

Papa's voice suddenly came in my head.

"Mind your hormones, young man."

Papa, you might wanna tell that to your daughter instead.

 



xD

They're too cute!

Anyway, I'd like to know if  you'd want a side story about Jimin and Yue. Ehehe

吴爱你,我爱你!

감사합니다 ♡JungYi♡