Paris: Dinner

Two Melodies

 

 

Soo Taeyong was in Paris. Why? I mean, he can afford it, but why did he know we were here in this particular hotel? Fishy.

Jungkook pulled out a towel from the closet and sat down on his bed. He wrapped his foot with the towel and huffed. I laughed at him, knowing how cold it must have been when he stepped on that ice cube. He must have been thinking the same as I was, because he suddenly looked at me and asked.

 

Him: Did you tell Taeyong we were here?

Me: Huh? No.

Him: Why did he know we were here?

Me: Your guess is as good as mine.

Him: So...are you going to that dinner?

Me: Only if you are going.

Him: What if I say I'm not going?

Me: Then I won't. Duh?

Him: What if I won't have dinner, though?

Me: I can eat by myself.

Him: And then Taeyong will see you and invite you to his table.

Me: He won't see me.

Him: What if he does see you? Will you join his table?

Me: Depends.

Him: On?

Me: If he will be there alone or if he has company.

Him: So, you will join him if he is alone? Or...?

Me: If he is alone, yes. If he has company, I feel I'd be out of place, anyway.

Him: I'll go with you, then.

Me: You change your mind quickly, mister.

Him: I am entitled to change my mind.

Me: Right. How's your foot?

Him: Numb.

Me: Did you see that man's face? Hahaha!

Him: I bet he's already thinking of absurd things now.

Me: Like?

Him: Uh...I can't tell you that.

Me: Why? Because it's so absurd that I won't believe it?

Him: Hmm, let's just put it that way, yes.

 

And he chuckled. I knew he was thinking about something else, though, but I didn't ask anymore. I just nodded and gestured for him to hand me the envelope. He gave it to me and I pulled out the invitation card. It was clearly Taeyong's handwriting. A little sloppy, reflective of the character of an obnoxious guy like him. LOL.

 

          "Please join me as I host dinner at the L'Abeille, 8:00 in the evening. Dress code is chic. S.Taeyong" 

 

I could picture out Taeyong's smirk as he signed the invitation card. Very much like his father. Domineering. But, Taeyong was a little softy inside, compared to his dad. 

Jungkook grabbed the card and smirked as he read it. Then he used it to fan his face. He was smirking at me. 

 

Me: What's that face?

Him: Chic dresscode. Tchh.

Me: So, you're gonna wear that smirk and hope it'll pass off as chic?

Him: I look good in anything.

Me: Yeah.

Him: You agree.

Me: Yes.

Him: Cool.

 

And he wiggled his eyebrows at me. I reached out to flick his head, but he dodged it. He removed the towel off his foot and laid on the bed.

Him: I'm gonna sleep. I have a few more hours before dinner time.

Me: Okay. I think I'll sleep too.

Him: Set the alarm.

Me: If we oversleep, it doesn't matter.

Him: You're ditching dinner?

Me: I mean, dinner with Taeyong isn't a big deal, we can oversleep.

Him: Let's not oversleep.

 

I smiled to myself. There's something in him wanting to show off to Taeyong. I kinda liked the feeling that he wanted to show off the fact that I was with him. I stole a glance at him. He was already snoring. I stared at him and smiled to myself again. I set the alarm on my phone and placed it on the bedside table. I placed a pillow on the side nearest the bed where Jungkook was. Paranoid. Aish.

I have never placed pillows or anything between me and my brothers, but then again, they are family. Jungkook was...different. It was awkward enough being in the same room with him. How much more sleep in the same room? Even if he has his own bed, it was still awkward.

My phone beeped. It was Luhan ge. He said that I shouldn't worry about Baekhyun, because he had actually sent him to Zurich to do some work for the business. It was a sudden job delegation, so Baek wasn't informed earlier. I was able to breathe fine after that. I was worried when I didn't receive any update as to why Baek was there and how was he doing. I replaced the phone back on the table and settled in. I think I fell asleep right away for the next thing I heard was the alarm going off.

 


 

Jungkook already took a shower and was dressed up. I've never seen him look like a preppy guy since I came back to Beijing. I rubbed my eyes again as I watched him walk around the room combing his hair. He didn't look at me, but he told me to go and prepare for dinner. He also added that I might take long in the bathroom since I was a girl, so I need to get up.

I got out of bed and pulled my suitcase out of the closet and rummaged for a dress proper enough for the dinner code. I picked one and stuffed the others back in the suitcase and hastily dragged it back inside the closet. I heard Jungkook laughing in the background. I ignored him and got my other stuff for bath. 

Well, yeah. It took me quite a while inside the bathroom. So, shhhh... Girls do take longer than guys. I got out of the bathroom already dressed. Jungkook was chuckling as he saw me walk out. I shot him a questioning look. He just snorted and wiggled his eyebrows. I picked up a toilet paper roll that was on top of the dresser and lobbed it at him. He caught it with both hands and made a face at me. I rolled my eyes and sat in front of the dresser to fix my hair. 

I stared at my reflection and for a moment, I forgot that there was another human being with me in the room. I huffed and messed my hair. I didn't know what to do with it. Then I saw Jungkook's reflection in the mirror. He was sitting on my bed and looking at me like I've lost it. I blushed and  hastily took a hairbrush and combed my hair. I quickly decided to just tie my hair into a low ponytail. I searched the dresser for a hair dryer and found one. I ignored Jungkook who was still watching me. He was not laughing nor moving. He was just watching me. I thought he was amazed at how fast I was able to dry and tie my hair.

I stood up and walked back and forth, trying to think what else I needed before going down for dinner. When I got everything in my purse, I told Jungkook to lead the way down. He stood up and straightened his shirt and walked toward the dresser to face the mirror. As he walked past me, I got a whiff of his cologne...or perfume...or whatever. He smelled really nice. I quickly turned to face the other way and pretended to fix my dress so he won't see my blushing cheeks. Then I felt a tap on my arm.

"Let's go." 

 


 

 

We were greeted by a gentleman at the entrance to the restaurant. He asked if we had a reservation and Jungkook gave the invitation card to him. The man smiled and called out another uniformed guy. This guy ushered us to our table. Taeyong was already there. And some other people. I didn't know any of them. But Taeyong seemed to know each and everyone of them, as he was talking animatedly. He saw us arrive and stood up. The others also stood up and greeted us. We then sat down after the greetings.

 

Taeyong: Thanks for coming. I thought you wouldn't.

Me: Thanks for inviting us.

TY: As soon as I knew you were here, I didn't think twice of hosting dinner tonight.

Me: What do you mean?

TY: Well, might as well introduce you to everyone I know here. Not wait for the ball, you see. Hahaha!

JK: Showing off, you mean?

TY: You can say that again.

JK: Okay. Impress me, then.

TY: Precisely.

Me: Jungkook! Taeyong!

 

And the two of them smirked at the same time. AISH!

Anyway, after that, dinner was good, except for one thing. It turned out that Taeyong was invited to be one of the cavaliers at the ball, since his grandfather and dad were two of the sponsors for the charity event. He checked in at the hotel and saw my name at the registry. Then he saw Jungkook's name there too. There were two other girls who were there, both from London. There were three other guys, too. One of the guys, I didn't like. Let's just call him Dimwit. He was looking at Jungkook from foot to head. They say when one looks at you from the bottom up, it means he doesn't consider you as an equal. If it's head to foot, then it's cool. He went as far as asking Jungkook if he came from a rich family, since he hasn't seen him before and haven't heard of "Kim" before.

I was about to kick Dimwit from under the table, for he was sitting in front of me. Jungkook noticed it and placed his foot over mine, under the table. I looked at him and he just shook his head gently. I sighed and focused on my food. Taeyong was the one who told Dimwit who Jungkook was. Dimwit almost choked on his wine when Jungkook added that the wine we were served at dinner came from their vineyard. And true enough, I looked at the wine bottle, it had the logo and signature of the Kim's wine company. Then Jungkook asked Dimwit, "Haven't you had this wine before? Or you were just able to drink it here, now?"

Taeyong clapped his hands and pointed at Jungkook. "Points to Jungkook. You gotta learn to shut your mouth sometimes, Dimwit. Your father won't like it if he learns you've spoken ill of his favorite winemaker's son."

And that's when Jungkook and Taeyong became friends.

 



 

BTS is coming back with FIRE in just an hour!

吴爱你,我爱你!

감사합니다 ♡JungYi♡