Someone's In Trouble

Two Melodies

 

 

Sehun


*Reclines on the couch, feet up on the coffee table*

It's been a while since Xiao Yi left for Paris to attend the charity ball. She hasn't uploaded any photos of the event yet. I knew she's bound for Beijing in the next 36 hours. I bet she's having fun with Jungkook now. Hmmm... Now I'm doubting whether I should trust that guy now. Papa's in Zurich with Baekhyun and from what I know, Mr. Kim's off to California. Wasn't that what Jimini said? That guy sounded excited, too. Pshhhhh... Too much support to his dongsaeng. When will I get that kind of support from Lu ge. Haiiiishh...

Speaking of Lu ge, I heard him arrive just a few minutes ago. I think he's just going to take a bath then go out again. These past few days, that's his daily routine. Wake up, take a bath, go out, go home, take another bath, go out again, stay out for dinner, go home again, sleep, and repeat process. He doesn't eat breakfast and lunch here anymore. Xiumin hyung is also invisible in this house. If not for the sound of his car arriving and leaving, I won't know if he's around. I think I only saw him twice for dinner. Hahah. Kris ge is the complete opposite of the two oldies. I see him everyday. Not that I'm complaining. I haven't heard him say "No" to me for a while now. Aheheheh. His nose is always buried in blueprints and tracing paper. I think he's been tasked to design something for the Phuket resort.

Ah, where is Kai?  haven't seen him all day.

Chanyeol hyung's birthday is tomorrow. I didn't get him anything, though. He's in Japan with Chen hyung. I doubt he'll be coming home to celebrate. Papa has started monitoring their flight schedules. They made the mistake of publicizing their travel plans to Phuket during their 3-day school break. Of course, papa was against it. It's not time for leisure for those two. Chen hyung almost failed at an exam and Chanyeol's grounded for destroying Baekhyun's bathroom door. 

Yeah. Papa knew about it and just got around to sentencing him for that crime. Muahahahah. I'm glad I wasn't there when it happened. Otherwise, I know Chanyeol hyung would find a way to drag me with it. Pshhh.

*Luhan walks by*

Ahh...the deer has made its appearance.

*snorts*

Just like I predicted. Just got out of the shower. But wait...what is this? He's not dressed for work. Hmmm... He's just on a plain white tee and shorts. With wet hair. I don't think he even dried his hair yet.

Luhan: Feet off the table.
Me: Why?
Luhan: Cause I said so. Now, feet down.
Me: Don't like.
Luhan: Gimme your car keys.
Me: Whyyyyy?
Luhan: Just because you're 18 doesn't mean you can disobey me already.
Me: Pshhh.. Fine.

I sat up straight, feet on the floor. Lu ge sat on the couch and slammed a handful of folders on the coffee table. He pulled out one and started flipping the pages. His wet hair standing on end.

*snorts*

Luhan: What?
Me: Nothing.
Luhan: Get that green folder and find a file for me.
Me: Who? Me?
Luhan: No one else is here. Stop talking and get that folder.

Grrrr...

I really don't like bossy Lu ge.

I pulled the green folder and looked at him.

Me: What file?
Luhan: Sales projections, November.
Me: What does it look like?
Luhan: I thought you work for the Min's ice cream shop?
Me: I don't handle these kind of stuff.
Luhan: Well, now you do.
Me: I still don't know what it looks like.
Luhan: There's a label. Pshhh.
Me: Ahh...

I felt stupid all of a sudden. I flipped the pages and found the file. 

Me: So, what do I do with this?
Luhan: Dictate to me the data. Hold on, lemme get a notepad.

I rolled my eyes.

I understand now why Baekhyun didn't want to be a businessman. I'm starting to dislike it, too. I mean, I like selling ice cream and being at the cashier, but handling actual sales files or data, nope.


I think my eyes started swirling, locating the data that Lu ge asked from the file, when Kai arrived. He laughed at me as he walked past. He gave me the thumbs up as he made his way to the stairs.

I silently prayed Lu ge would notice him and give the task to him instead of me.

Luhan: Zhongren?
Kai: *mutters* Dead. Lu ge...?
Luhan: I need you to go to my room and get the black planner from my table.
Kai: Okay.

I cursed silently. Why does Kai have to do the easy stuff. I'm the youngest here. Or am I?

Kai returned a few minutes later, the black planner in his hand. He had changed into house clothes. He handed Lu ge the planner and started walking off.

Luhan: Sit down.
Kai: Who? Me?
Luhan: Are you humoring me?

Kai sat down. It was my turn to laugh at him. I could sense Lu ge had something for him. I made a face at Kai and hid my face behind the folder when Lu ge turned his head at my direction.

Luhan: Shixun, give that file to Kai.

I happily reached out my hand to hand the folder to Kai. Lu ge handed me the notepad. My face fell once again.

Luhan: Kai, I'm going to say out the schedule and tell me the projection date, you take note of both, Sehun. Help me out with these...

He had opened his planner and trailed off..

 


 


I think we were working our asses off until sundown. I saw Xiumin hyung again for dinner. He looked worn out. He wailed at the dinner table that there was a company who kept trying to book the whole restaurant on a day that another company has reserved. The manager wanted to talk to him to see if they can make an exception, like making the other company change their event date. But of course, first come, first serve. 

Kris had come home just in time for dinner, as well. He was still in his work clothes and laid his folders on the dinner table. He sniffed the bowl of soup in front of him and nodded as Xiumin continued his story. 

Luhan made some suggestions to which Xiumin replied he had already done, to no avail. Kris suggested to open a special promotion for the persevering company manager just to make him accept another schedule.

Kai and I just sat, listening to them as we munched on our food. We've had enough of business talk for the day.

Luhan: Papa is in Zurich with Baekhyun. Any time soon, Baek's going to call and report. 
Kris: Oh? Is he going back with papa?
Luhan: Of course not. 
Xiumin: That's for the Phuket project, right?
Luhan/Kris: Right.
Xiumin: *sighs* Ahh...good. My head can't take any more stress right now.
Kris: I have to modify my design again in case Baek reports something which I didn't consider.
Luhan: So, you're done with the initial design?
Kris: Yes.
Luhan: Just make a new one and incorporate the update from Baekhyun. We'll just compare the designs when papa calls the meeting.
Xiumin: Yeah, better have plan B.
Kris: Okay, as you say.


Again, Kai and I just looked at each other and snorted. we were thinking of the same thing.

Boy, was I glad I wasn't one of the oldies. LOL.

I wonder how the others feel being the older ones? Suho hyung was born to lead. No doubt about it. The motherly instincts are there. 

*snorts*

Snow White.

Mulan jiejie is born to lead too, of course. 

*snorts*

Fairy godmother, mostly. 

*snorts*

Captain Li Shang.

*snorts*


The 3 oldies were busy talking, so I was safe from snorting too much. Kai seemed to have the same thing on his mind. I raised my glass at him and he did the same.

Cheers to being dongsaengs!

 


 

Xiao Yi and Jungkook were scheduled to arrive today. Lu ge checked the flight details with the airline. Kris and Xiumin had wanted to come with him to pick them up, but had work to do, so Lu ge asked me and Kai to clear our schedule.

Lu ge drove the van to the airport. He was fidgety along the way. It was a little bit annoying. I had the misfortune to sit at the passenger side and Kai was comfortable at the back.

After parking the van, we trooped to the arrivals gate. We had to wait outside, though. But it was no big deal.

"Hi..."
"He's cute. OMG!"
"I know right?"
"He's cute too. Ah!"
"Hi...I'm Xue."
"I think that's Wu Shi Xun..."
"Oh, oh...the Wu brothers. That's Zhongren."
"Are they meeting someone?"
"Maybe? But who?"
"Hi, Luhan ge."


Luhan smiled to acknowledge them. I stood closer to him and Kai, for one girl had stepped forward to stand closer to me. I cleared my throat and smiled. I think she squealed. My ears suddenly lost its ability to hear properly. Kai had rubbed his ears too. Lu ge looked composed, though. 


Then we caught a glimpse of Xiao Yi walking towards the exit. Jungkook was walking beside her, pushing the luggage cart. There was something else I noticed too. And I think Lu ge and Kai noticed as well. Xiao Yi had her arm hooked around Jungkook's arm. When she saw us, she suddenly unhooked her arm and crossed her arms. I could see Luhan's eyes squint as the two walked through the exit doors.

Xiao Yi ran toward us and grinned.

"Lu ge! Kai! Sehun! Gege-men!"

In my head, I silently warned her:

"You know how Lu ge is...careful, mei baobei."

Jungkook looked weirdly stiff as he stood behind. He smiled sheepishly and craned his neck, looking for someone...I guess.

Kai and I unloaded Xiao Yi's luggage from the cart, while Luhan x-rayed Xiao Yi and Jungkook.

J came running in between the crowd of people waiting outside.

JK: Finally. What took you so long?
J: Ah, mianhae Kookie-yah. Someone asked to take a photo with me at the parking lot.
JK: Please leave your celebrity status at home on days like this.
J: Did appa tell you when he's returning? Huh? C'mon.
JK: Waeyo?
J: Ah...just tell me.
JK: Shireo.
J: Aish! So, anyway, how did it go?
JK: Let's go home, hyung.
J: Aigoo! Didn't you and-

And Jungkook clamped his hand over J's mouth. He bowed slightly to us and said goodbye to Xiao Yi quickly before he pushed J with one hand, and the luggage cart with the other.

I saw Xiao Yi made a hand sign as if to have Jungkook call her. Jungkook nodded and continued to push J and the cart away.


Luhan: So, did you behave in Paris?
Xiao Yi: I...uh...Gege orz.
Luhan: I asked you a question, Wu Yinzi.
Xiao Yi: I did.
Luhan: Promise?
Xiao Yi: Yaksok.
Luhan: ...
Xiao Yi: Wo fashi-ahhhh.

Little sister looked like a kid with a tantrum. She pouted so much that Lu ge sighed loudly.

Luhan: Hao le, hao le, le, le.
Kai: This suitcase is heavy, you know. Jungkook had the cart, you know. I'm the one who'll push this one, you know.
Luhan: Let's go, then.
Xiao Yi: I have presents for you in there. Don't fret.
Kai: Make sure mine's the biggest. Or most expensive. This is heavy, you know.
Me: I can help you with that, you know.
Kai: No thanks, you know.
Me: Okay, you know.
Luhan: Be quiet.

But of course.

Silence followed as we all made our way to the parking. Jungkook and J's car were no longer in sight. I helped Kai load the luggage at the back. Xiao Yi climbed inside the van and I hurried to get in the back as well. Kai had no choice but to sit out front. He huffed as he slid in the passenger seat.

Luhan started the car. But his phone rang. He picked it up and answered it as the engine revved to life.

Luhan: WHAT?! You got who pregnant?!

Kai, Xiao Yi and I all fixed our eyes on Lu ge.

Which hyung was it?

Xiumin? Nah... I doubt Sohee nuna was pregnant when she's in Korea. Kris? Ah, he doesn't have a girlfriend. Or...does he? Suho? Negative. Lay? Summer? But, who is Summer anyway? His imaginary girlfriend. LOL. Baekhyun? Negative. Papa is with him in Zurich. Chen? Possible. Chanyeol? Hmm... Kyungie? Chagiya? Hmm, suspicious. Tao? Well, I give up.

Luhan: You're not sure if it's yours?! How?! What??? Don't laugh, Zitao. This is not a laughing matter. Don't you dare joke about this or I'll be the one to hang you upside down. Wait. Let me get home first. Do not do anything. I'll call you back.

Uh-oh.

Someone's in trouble.

Luhan: Xiao Yi, did you and Jungkook- Well...did you and him- You know what I mean?

He looked murderous. Xiao Yi shook her head vigorously as she said no.

Xiao Yi: No, Lu ge. No, w-we didn't d-do any-anything l-like that.
Luhan: You better be telling the truth or... *expletives*

He suddenly stepped on the accelerator and we all had to hold on to dear life as Lu ge sped off. 

Somebody pray for our souls. Especially Tao's and Xiao Yi's.

Someone's going to die by hanging soon...

 

 



 

Xiao Yi and Jungkook are back in Beijing.

With Tao's call for help, will the two ever be able to announce their relationship status?

And did Tao really got someone pregnant?

We see that even until now, the siblings still go to Luhan or the oldies for advice.

吴爱你,我爱你!

감사합니다 ♡JungYi♡