Paris: Day 3

Two Melodies

 

 

 

I suddenly went speechless. I couldn't look up to him, but I suddenly felt him hug me again. I just let him. I felt stupid for crying telling him I lost the necklace he gave me. But somehow, he must have understood the fact that he was special to me. Anything that's about him, I treasure it.

He patted my back and teased me.

 

Him: Crybaby. It's just a necklace.
Me: Aish.
Him: I wonder if you will cry if you lost me.
Me: Don't joke like that.
Him: Did you cry when...
Me: When?
Him: I think you did.
Me: When? When did I cry?
Him: Three years ago.
Me: When you were out for three days, like you weren't going to wake up anymore. Yeah, I did.
Him: Crybaby.

 

I pushed him away. He laughed. He sideglanced at me, smirking, before he walked back to his bed and continued watching TV. 

I went to keep the necklace in my bag, along with my other valuables. 

 

Me: I'm starving. 
Him: Dinner out or just here?
Me: Anywhere as long as there's food.
Him: Let's just call room service. I'm lazy to go out. It's kinda chilly now. I don't want you to catch cold.
Me: I'll wear a thick coat.
Him: Just sit down there. I'm gonna call room service. What do you want to eat?

 

He sat back up and reached for the phone on the bedside table. I made a face and sat by the window, looking out. 

It was getting dark outside. Lights were lining the streets and people looked like ants walking on the sidewalks. I would have loved to go out and be one of them, but Jungkook was already on the phone with room service. It would be a waste of the staff's effort if I changed my mind. There was still tomorrow night and the next day. Papa had said that we would be staying one more day in Paris after the ball, just to relax and enjoy the time.

I wore two-inch heeled shoes to the final fitting. I kicked them off and crossed my legs. Jungkook went to sit opposite me.

 

Him: This will be the last night we will be sleeping together in this room.
Me: I guess.
Him: Appa called me, said he already has a reservation at Le Bristol. I'd be staying with him tomorrow night after the ball.
Me: I probably would be staying with papa and mama, too.
Him: Have you told them we're in the same room?
Me: Nope.
Him: Neither did I. Hahah.
Me: It's gonna cause trust issues within the family.
Him: I don't want that to happen.
Me: But...we're not doing anything wrong, though.
Him: Yeah, we're not.
Me: So, I guess, even if they knew, it's okay?
Him: I don't know. Better not to risk it.
Me: Yeah, you're right.

 

Room service arrived after a few more minutes and we ate while talking about the photoshoot and what the tour would consist of the next day.

 


 

I woke up the next day feeling elated. Maybe it was the fact that I was able to talk to Jungkook in a more casual way than before. Or maybe it was because I was looking forward to the tour this morning and the ball this evening.

I saw a big vase of white roses on top of the dresser this time. I smiled. Jungkook was not in bed anymore. I sat up and admired the flowers. I combed my hair with my fingers and hummed a tuneless song. Jungkook came out of the bathroom drying his hair with his towel. He nodded at me in greeting and plucked a rose from the vase. He walked over to me and handed me the rose, grinning.

 

Him: Good morning.
Me: Good morning.
Him: I figured white roses would be nice today. Something light and bright, so your day would be the same.
Me: *blush* Uhm...thanks.
Him: Complimentary breakfast, this morning. I don't want to share you with them.
Me: What?
Him: Hahaha! Nothing. 

 

He went to sit at the table and opened the covers on the food. He grinned widely and gestured for me to come have breakfast with him. I dragged myself toward the table and sat down. 

 

Him: Bon appetit, cave girl.
Me: Tchh!

 

I wound my hair up and stuck the stem of the rose through the messy bun to secure it. He stared at me. I raised my eyebrow and picked up the fork and spoon.

 

Him: That flower looks good in your hair.

 

I almost choked. I slowly swallowed the food and sipped some fruit juice. 

 

Him: You'd look really pretty with that bun and flowers on your hair.
Me: Jinjja? *gulps*
Him: Yeah.
Me: Okay.
Him: But you're already pretty even without it.

 

This time, I choked. He snorted, realizing what his words did to me. He pushed the glass of juice toward me and smiled.

 

His: I'm just telling the truth.

 


 


There was another shuttle bus that would take us around for the tour. I saw Taeyong with his posse that included Dimwit. Taeyong said hi and went into a discussion with Jungkook about skateboarding tricks. I said hi to the girls and chit-chatted with them, while we waited for the event staff to announce the schedule. 

I felt a tap on my shoulder and Dimwit's face appeared beside me. He smiled at me. I looked at him and thought he was rather smiling like an idiot. Not to be branded as a snob, I greeted him. But I didn't touch his hand or anything. He frowned at me and smirked.

Don't get me wrong, he wasn't ugly. But he just had that look that would repulse anyone because it was naturally repulsive. He had an air to him that would beat the gustiness of the strongest typhoon to date.

I forced myself to smile at him, but went on to talk with the other girls. I felt his hands grip my arm and I had to slap it away. I felt violated.

 

Dimwit: Whoa! You think you're so perfect?

 

The other girls started walking to get away from him. One held my arm and pulled me away with them, saying she felt sorry for whoever was going to be partnered with him.

Jungkook noticed me walking away and he stopped talking to Taeyong. He called after me and I stopped walking.

 

Him: Xiao Yi! Eodi ganeungeoya?
Me: Away from that dimwit.
Him: Nugu?
Me: That dimwit guy at dinner.
Him: Why? He's bothering you?
Me: Yes.

 

He suddenly looked irritated. I grabbed his hand. I knew he would have gone back to face Dimwit and punch him, or whatever. I was reminded of Gao and how he had kicked Jungkook before. I didn't want that to happen again.

 

Him: I'm just going to talk to him.
Me: He's a waste of time. Let's just go.

 

He sighed and let me lead him toward the shuttle bus. I climbed the bus, not letting go of his hand. I was worried he'd suddenly go back and do whatever. I pulled him along with me, until I chose a seat.

He sat down beside me and looked at me intently. I looked away. I heard him sigh and leaned back on his seat.

 

Him: I'm not gonna kill him, you know.
Me: He might kill you.
Him: You won't allow it.
Me: Ne.
Him: You shout so loud that he's gonna be deaf.
Me: Shushhhhh..
Him: Tell me honestly, what did he do?
Me: He grabbed my arm.
Him: Why?
Me: Because I wasn't paying attention to him.
Him: Why didn't you kick his ?
Me: Because it would create such a scene, and I don't want it to reach papa.
Him: "Wu Yinzi. Only daughter of Wu Zun, created a scene outside Shangri-La Hotel, Paris, France. Yinzi kicked a guy's for touching her without permission. Bad girl." That'd be headlines.
Me: Why are you smiling?
Him: I like bad girls.

 

I elbowed him and he dodged it. He slyly raised his arm and slipped it along my shoulder. He smirked. I shrugged his arm off, and he withdrew it. But I knew that he knew I didn't mind him doing that.

Wu Yinzi was flirting with Jungkook.

Ha. Ha. Ha.

I didn't regret it.

 


 

After lunch, I was told to prepare my stuff. We were to start dressing up for the photoshoot before the ball. I received a call from the front desk that Ms. Vera Wang's associates were waiting for me. Papa and mama have also arrived, but were biletted at the Fouquet's Hôtel Barrière. I had quickly searched it online and found out it was just near Le Bristol. Near Jungkook.

I didn't have much time to talk to him that afternoon, because I was already escorted to the dressing rooms. As a cavalier, he was also assigned a staff and a dressing room. 

I only saw him again when it was time for the photoshoot. He looked really handsome and stately. The first time I saw him dressed in a tux. He kept glancing at me as he was being photographed.

My hands were sweaty when it was time for the couple shots. We were not the first in line, so we had to stay by the sides and wait for our turn.

Jungkook kept biting his lip, hiding a smile, as we stood in one corner. Both my hands were gripping the skirt of my dress. From my peripheral, I saw him move an inch closer and I heard him clear his throat.

 

Him: You look really pretty.

 

And from I don't know where, he handed me a single white rose. He whispered.

 

Him: Have you ever seen a flower that never blooms? Seen a starless night without the moon? Well, that's me without you.

 

I couldn't hide my smile as I took the rose from him. I was laughing softly. But when he suddenly started to sing softly, I had to hide my face from him. I turned around to face the wall and smiled like an idiot. I don't know if anyone else heard him, but I didn't care.

Then the staff called us for our couple shots.

The staff directed how Jungkook should stand and told him to hold my waist as he stood behind me. I snorted. He chuckled.

I saw Dimwit eyeing us with envy, Taeyong giving the thumbs up.

 



 

Paris is magic. 

FIRE for the win!

吴爱你,我爱你!

감사합니다 ♡JungYi♡