It's Complicated

Two Melodies

 

 

 

Arriving home, we were all silent. Sehun helped haul my luggage up to my room. Kai followed us silently as well. Luhan had gone up first, looking livid. His bedroom door slammed shut. Sehun tried to talk about the phonecall Tao had with Lu ge, but Luhan suddenly got out of his room again. His face was red as he walked toward the stairs. He took almost 3 steps at a time, going down. In a hushed voice, Sehun told me he'd see where Lu ge was going. 

Sehun tiptoed down the stairs and followed Lu ge. He came back up to tell me that the da-ge was in papa's office. Probably calling back Tao. I sighed and pushed Sehun out my door, telling him I was tired and needed to rest for a bit. Sehun snorted, but let me push him out. He made his way to the stairs. I bet he was off to eavesdrop on the phonecall.

As I closed my door, I saw Kai making his way toward the stairs too.

Eavesdropping party, huh. 

I contemplated for a while, as I lay in bed. I absentmindedly tossed my phone under my pillow. When it rang and vibrated, I jumped up, taken by surprise. I fished it out from under the pillow and saw that Jungkook was calling. For a moment, I forgot Tao's dilemma. I answered the call with a smile on my face.

Me: Hello.
Him: Hello.
Me: You called?
Him: Of course.
Me: And?
Him: How's the flight back home?
Me: As if you don't know.
Him: Ahh...no, I don't.
Me: Are you joking?
Him: Eheheh.
Me: You should rest. You're still sick.
Him: Ne, ne. I just wanted to hear your voice first.
Me: Aish.
Him: Are you going to school tomorrow?
Me: Nope.
Him: It's still Friday, though.
Me: I know. But I guess the school can give us the exception, right?
Him: For me, I guess yes. Because I'm sick. But you...
Me: You should be on my side.
Him: I'm...currently at home.
Me: You're trying to be funny.
Him: Ouch! You don't think I'm funny. I'm hurt.
Me: I don't mean that...
Him: Say I'm funny.
Me: I'm funny.
Him: Tch.
Me: Hahaha! Go to sleep. And be sure not to skip your dinner. Take your meds.
Him: Is there any way you can come here to help me do that?
Me: Bu yao.
Him: Weisheme? Why don't you want?
Me: I don't wanna get in the wrong side of Lu ge today.
Him: Why?
Me: It's kind of complicated.
Him: What kind of complicated?
Me: I can't really tell you.
Him: Did he find out about Paris?
Me: Aniyo.
Him: Then, what's the problem?
Me: He...well...he doesn't seem to believe we didn't...ugh! Don't let me say it.
Him: We didn't what? Say what?
Me: Aish!
Him: Okay, okay. Let me change my question. Is it about us?
Me: No. Not directly.
Him: Oh. So, it's not about us, but somehow we're in the equation?
Me: Yes, like that.
Him: Okay. You got me worried.
Me: If it's safe to tell you, I will tell you.
Him: No rush. Don't think about it too much.
Me: *sighs*
Him: Are you okay?
Me: Mmm...
Him: You're not okay. Aish. I wanna go there and hug you.
Me: Cheesy.
Him: Proud to be.
Me: I'm hugging my pillow.
Him: I'm jealous.
Me: Pabo. It's just a pillow.
Him: To you, it's just a pillow. To me, it's a rival.
Me: You're sick and you don't know what you're talking about. You have to rest, Jungkook.
Him: Saranghae.
Me: Uh...nado..nado..
Him: Saranghaeyo.
Me: Wo ye ai ni. *blush, blush*
Him: I still wanna talk to you.
Me: Me too. But-

A knock on the door interrupted our conversation.

"Xiao Yi! Lu ge wants to talk to you now. He's in papa's office."

It was Kai. I told him I'd be down right away. Jungkook heard the summon, so he told me to be careful what I'd tell Lu ge. I told him to rest so he'd get better. We ended the call and I made my way downstairs.

The office door was ajar and I stepped inside. Luhan was standing by the window, looking outside. One hand gripping the drapes tightly.

Me: Lu ge...

He released the drapes and turned to face me. He looked tired. I thought he would sit on papa's chair, but he walked around it and sat on the sofa in front of papa's table. I sighed, relieved. I didn't want to feel as if I was facing papa if he had sat on papa's chair behind the table.

Luhan: Do you know why I got out of my way, sending Baekhyun to Zurich?
Me: *silent*

I didn't really know it was him. 

Luhan: I have realized that I had to do something about this. You might not realize it yet, but papa and mama's past should not be replicated. What I mean is, you know the story. They were promised to be married someday, but papa had a relationship with Kris' mom. Papa didn't have a proper relationship building with mama before they got married. You know what happened. I'm not going to go into it one by one. You can see the result. All 13 of us is enough for you to know it's not going to be easy if you and Jungkook don't build a good relationship while you're not yet married.
Me: *gulps*
Luhan: But, this freedom I'm giving you doesn't mean you are free to do whatever you want with him.

He paused for a while, with deep breaths. He looked so stressed that I dared not interrupt.

Luhan: We have to wait until that girl gives birth before we demand for a DNA test on the baby.

He was talking about Tao, now.

Luhan: The implication of this situation is severe. Papa won't be happy if he knew. But if we don't tell him, either, and he learns about it, we're dead. So, I ask you to be careful about your actions...if it ends like Tao...it's going to be hard to save you. You are our only sister, and I don't really wanna think about what papa might do if it happened to you...even with Jungkook...your future husband...ahh...this is stressful. I need a break.

He rubbed his eyes and reclined on the sofa. I bit my lip, not knowing what to do. In my mind, I was wondering if Jungkook was already asleep, knowing he was still sick. But here was another problem that needed immediate action. Luhan bore the weight of Tao's actions. It's not easy to be the da-ge. I knew he'd tell Xiumin and Kris ge later, but the weight of it all, he'd bear it upon himself. 

How was it possible not to know if you are the father of the baby? Unless there were other guys who also did it with the girl... And did Tao really do it with her? Uh... How many of my brothers have had that kind of experience? 

*shudders*

What am I thinking?

Luhan: Xiao Yi.
Me: Lu ge.
Luhan: Build a good friendship with Jungkook, but please, don't engage in...whatever that will ruin your future. Ahh, you know what I mean. 
Me: I understand ge.
Luhan: Although I'm allowing you to spend time with him, I ask that you don't spend too much time outside in public.
Me: *breathing slowly*
Luhan: Do you know why I'm asking you this?
Me: Because you are worried something might happen to me and him...
Luhan: Because you are not supposed to show you have a close relationship with him just yet. Wait until the grand openin of the restaurant when papa announces your engagement with him. The business community is not privy to the situation between Mr. Soo Kui, Taeyong, you and Jungkook...and the kidnapping situation.
Me: What do you mean, Lu ge?
Luhan: Papa is just building his name in the business without Mr. Soo Kui. If you and Jungkook are seen together in public often, people who know you would think that papa and Mr. Kim conspired against Mr. Soo Kui. If they see you with Jungkook often, they'd think papa and Mr. Kim already decided to leave Soo Kui and Associates and used the situation with you and Jungkook as a way out. Do you know how much that will ruin not only papa and Mr. Kim, but also our family and his family?
Me: I understand.
Luhan: Please think about it carefully and don't do things irrationally.
Me: There's nothing to worry about, gege. I won't let our family- or the Kims- be ruined.
Luhan: I know I can count on you. I'm sorry if you're having a hard time about this. Anyway, once this problem with Tao is solved, you're off the hook.
Me: Nine months...
Luhan: Only way we can be sure.
Me: Will you tell papa?
Luhan: Yes. But not now. I will have to talk to Xiumin and Kris. This isn't something you can just tell papa like how you tell him you flunked math.
Me: You flunked math before?
Luhan: No way. I'm just saying it's not easy to tell papa that Tao has probably got a girl pregnant...maybe...
Me: So...Tao ge did...
Luhan: That's the shady thing. Tao said he didn't remember anything. Just went to a house party and woke up alone in bed....
Me: And...then a girl told him she got pregnant?
Luhan: According to Tao, this girl was at the party and they talked for a while, then he got drunk and found an empty room. He fell asleep. And... *sigh*

Luhan closed his eyes and sighed again. I patted his arm.

Luhan: You may go. I'm gonna rest for a bit here. If Kris and Xiumin arrive, tell them I want to talk to them. I won't bother calling them. I'm so tired. 

I just nodded and walked out of the office. I felt bad for Lu ge. I can't imagine being the one to think of a way to resolve this the best way possible.

Back in my room, I stared at my phone. Jungkook's face stared back at me. I set my wallpaper that way. I talked to his photo.

"Hi. I won't text or call you now. I should let you sleep because you're still sick. I will wait when you wake up, then tell you what Luhan ge told me. You deserve the right to know the situation. I don't want you to fade away from me. I want to be honest with you. Let's just hope that all will be well, so we don't have to hide from them."

 



 

It's really complicated.

吴爱你,我爱你!

감사합니다 ♡JungYi♡