Real Intentions

Two Melodies

 

 

KAI:

 

 

I woke up early Saturday.

 

The house was exceptionally bright when I went down the stairs. I took the one to the kitchen, so I was greeted with the scent of breakfast cooking. Papa had transformed part of the mini ballroom into the maids’ quarters, so the two jiejie stayed in with us for the past two years.

 

I walked toward the front door. I had the urge to do my morning calisthenics in the front yard. There was an exercise room through the access to the basement parking, but the sun was barely up, so I wanted to get as much vitamin D as possible.

 

The front door suddenly opened and Lu ge stepped in.

He had his white beats on his head and bopping his head with the music. He stopped and turned to look at me. He shifted one speaker a little off his ear.

 

Luhan: Oh, you’re awake.

Me: Good morning, Lu ge.

Luhan: There’s a guy outside with a car. Says he has to see you about the car.

Me: Oh?

Luhan: Yeah. What’s up with that?

 

I suddenly remembered the race the other day. I pretended I didn’t know what the guy wanted from me.

 

Me: Not from FIS?

Luhan: I don’t think so. I know your friends from school.

Me: Ahh. Okay, xiexie.

 

Luhan looked at me suspiciously, but I went through the door and bounded down the few steps. I saw the car outside the gate. I walked slowly, because I knew Luhan might be peeking from the front door. I raised a hand to the guy who was standing beside the car. The guy nodded once. I saw his face contort into a grimace. I smirked.

 

Loser.

You should know better than to insult a Wu, you numskull.

 

I pressed the number keypad and the gate opened a little. I stepped outside and crinkled my nose. I was facing where the sun was starting to shine.

 

Me: Too early to deposit my car, huh.

Guy: You didn’t specify the time. And besides, I didn’t want my father to know.

Me: Hah. Is it my problem now if your father knew?

Guy: What if I tell your father?

Me: Like you would. Your father will know first, before my papa. Don’t forget that I know more people than you, Gao.

Gao: You , Wu Zhongren.

Me: *smirks* The keys, please.

 

He tossed the keys to me and I caught it. I chuckled.

 

Me: So…how are you going back home?

Gao: Shut up.

Me: What will you tell your father then? You lost your car?

Gao: *expletives*

Me: Oh, is that what you will tell him? Good luck.

 

I smirked again and raised a hand to say goodbye. I turned around and pressed the number keypad to let the gate open wider so I can drive the car inside. I slid in the driver’s seat and started the car. Gao turned around and walked away. I drove the car inside and the gate automatically closed behind me. I parked the car in front of the house. I pocketed the keys and jogged back in the house. I forgot to do my morning calisthenics. I had to tell Sehun.

 

 


 

 

I had knocked on Sehun’s door a little loudly that Luhan had to peek out his door telling me to cut it down. He was drying his hair as he peeked out.

 

Sehun opened the door sleepily.

 

Sehun: What?

Me: Something you have to know.

Sehun: What?

Me: Wake up.

Sehun: Is that all?

Me: No. I mean, come on. Wake up. This is important.

Sehun: What?

Me: Do I have to slap you to wake up?

Sehun: Go away, then. Let me sleep. I still have work later.

Me: That’s it, you know. You don’t have to work as soon as you hear what I’m going to tell you.

Sehun: What?

 

I sighed and sat on his bed, so he won’t be able to lie down again.

 

Sehun: Scoot. Let me sleep.

Me: I won a race and I got you a car.

Sehun: WHAT?

 

He was finally awake. I smirked and fished out the car keys from my pocket and dangled it in front of his face. He grabbed the keys and laughed.

 

Sehun: Hahahaha! That Haidian .

Me: Yeah. I won it for you. I’m gonna sell that car and you can pay off Xiao Yi.

Sehun: Ahh hyung.

Me: Now you call me hyung.

Sehun: Sheesh.

Me: *snorts*

Sehun: Thanks. Means a lot.

Me: Why’d you disappear yesterday, anyway?

Sehun: I went straight here to change clothes and dump my school stuff before going to the park for practice. Lu ge saw me and told me about the meeting. I forgot I left my phone in my car. I didn’t plan to take long to change, but the meeting…you know.

Me: Ahh. I thought something came up at the ice cream store.

Sehun: I don’t have shifts during Fridays, you know.

Me: You won’t have Saturdays or Sundays now, either.

Sehun: Not unless we sell that car.

Me: Let’s find a buyer.

Sehun: I’ll try after work, later.

Me: What are you going to tell Lu ge? Where you’re going, I mean.

Sehun: School group study thingy.

Me: Hmm, that could work.

Sehun: It will work. Let’s find a buyer for that car ASAP.

Me: Sure.

 

Sehun had collapsed back on his bed and closed his eyes. He had tossed the car keys on his bedside table. I laid down beside him and snorted. I blew on his face and he slapped my face with his pillow. He kicked me off his bed.

 

Sehun: Let me sleep. I still have two hours.

Me: Okay, fine.

 

I walked out of his room and went to mine.

 

I stood in front of my floor length mirror. I stretched my hands up.

 

I’m so handsome.

 

But I was just wearing tees and loose shorts. I went down on these clothes. I went out of the gate wearing only these. The neighbors would have seen my just-out-of-bed look. I must have looked weird. Hahah.

 

I glanced at my bedside clock. It was fifteen minutes to seven in the morning. It was still early, but I got lazy to jog outside. I decided to just go down the stairs in the kitchen and up the front, and back down…

 

 


 

 

Sehun had gone to the ice cream shop when Xiao Yi woke up. I had just finished breakfast and lounging at the window seat just off the dining. I opened the window to let the breeze in. Xiao Yi went down the kitchen and greeted me with half a smile.

 

Luhan had gone downtown to check on the location of the restaurant. Mr. Kim and Jin would be there, too.

 

Xiao Yi: Good morning, gege.

Me: Morning, mei baobei.

Xiao Yi: What’s for breakfast?

Me: Pancakes and there’s soup.

Xiao Yi: What soup?

Me: Bacon and egg.

Xiao Yi: Hmm.

 

She sat down on her chair and took off the lid of the soup in front of her. She pulled the plate of pancakes and took one.  She ate silently. It was as if she was thinking hard. I didn’t ask her what it was, because somehow, I had the idea that she was thinking about the announcement that was made the other night.

 

I didn’t want to confuse her more. I didn’t know exactly what she felt. Not that I didn’t care, but I felt it would do her better if I left her to think about things on her own. But if she needed me, I’d be here to help.

 

I’d have to keep a close watch on Jungkook now.

 


 

 

My phone rang around eleven noon.

 

Lu ge was calling. Papa was scheduled to arrive this afternoon. He was able to free his schedule just this morning and will be on the next flight to Beijing with Kris and Xiumin hyung. The two hyungs decided to come home for a while and papa allowed them, leaving the resort to his assistant.

 

I suddenly remembered Sehun. He’s not off ‘til six in the evening. Papa would arrive earlier than that, maybe around four in the afternoon. I sent him a message telling him that papa was going to arrive around four and that he should find a way to come home on or before that time.

 

I still hadn’t found someone to buy the car. I sent text messages to everyone on my contacts, well, except family.

 

Xiao Yi had spent the whole morning in her room. I knocked on her door during lunch. Lu ge had come home for lunch, too.

 

We were eating lunch when Lu ge asked me about the car this morning. Xiao Yi looked at me knowingly and I avoided her gaze. I slowly chewed on my food and swallowed before I answered Lu ge.

 

Luhan: So, Kai. What’s up with that car? It’s still there out front.

Me: Oh yeah. That. This guy’s asking help from me to look for a buyer.

Luhan: Selling that car?

Me: Yup.

Luhan: That’s a good car. Why would he want to sell it?

Me: *shrugs* He just asked me to help.

Luhan: He wasn’t from FIS. Where’s he from?

Me: Uhm. He’s from another school.

Luhan: Not rival school, I hope.

Me: Uhm, in fact, he is from GH.

Luhan: Trouble. Get rid of that car fast, before papa finds out you’ve been dealing with GH kids.

Me: Yes, Lu ge.

 

He just grunted and ate. Then he diverted his attention to Xiao Yi. I took that time to enjoy my food.

 

Luhan: Mei baobei, going somewhere this afternoon?

Xiao Yi: Nope.

Luhan: Good. Papa will be arriving. Kris and Xiumin is coming home with him.

Xiao Yi: Zhende ma?

Luhan: Yes. We might be having dinner with the Kims, too.

Xiao Yi: Oh…

Luhan: You look unhappy.

Xiao Yi: No, I’m just…kinda…nervous.

Luhan: We will be there with you.

Xiao Yi: I know.

Luhan: Don’t you like him? I thought you two were friends.

Xiao Yi: Uhm..

 

It was getting awkward. Lu ge sensed it and looked at me. It was as if he wanted me to say something to change the topic. He was probably out of topics.

 

Me: Jungkook obviously likes you, mei baobei. I hope you like him too.

Xiao Yi: Well..

Luhan: If there’s anything I can do…

Xiao Yi: It’s okay, gege. I won’t back out.

Me: *snorts*

Xiao Yi: *glares*

Luhan: Alright. Let’s not talk about it now. I will be fetching papa at the airport later. Make sure Sehun is home by then.

Me: Ah, yeah. I already sent him a message.

Luhan: What did he say?

Me: Didn’t reply yet.

Luhan: Did he say where they were gonna do the group study?

Me: Nope.

Xiao Yi: Probably at the ice cream shop.

Luhan: Where?

 

If Xiao Yi was sitting beside me, I would have kicked her under the table. But she was sitting beside Luhan. I just faked a cough. Luhan

 

Xiao Yi: I mean…they probably went to have lunch and at the shop for dessert?

Me: Maybe…?

Xiao Yi: Or, they probably would be at some secluded place. Away from the noise.

Luhan: Just make sure he’s home before we arrive.

Me: Yes, Lu ge.

 


 

 

The three oldies would be home.

 

Peace and order would be restored in the Wu residence. Not that there’s much to restore. There were only three other people in the house now, excluding them and papa of course.

 

I was playing an online game when my phone screen lit up.

 

It was Sehun. He just had replied to my message. I pressed to view the whole message.

 

“Was able to get permission to come home early. I had to call Namjoon hyung to tell my manager that it’s important that I do undertime. I will be home by four.”

 

I replied to him, saying that he had to make sure to make it on time.

 

I went back to my game.

 

 

Four in the afternoon, I was still playing my online game. Sehun was not home yet. My phone screen lit up again. Luhan was calling me. I took off my headphones and answered his c all.

 

They were already home. Downstairs. And asking where I, Xiao Yi and Sehun were. I hastily pressed the end call button and scrambled out the door, pocketing my phone. I knocked on Xiao Yi’s room. She didn’t answer. I turned the knob to open it. She was asleep. I walked over to her bed and gently prodded her arm to wake her up. She looked up at me with sleepy eyes. I told her that papa was home and that we were supposed to be downstairs. I waited for her outside her door, then we went down together.

 

I saw Kris and Xiumin’s luggage outside papa’s office door. The househelp were carrying papa’s luggage to his room. I led the way to papa’s office and opened the door. Xiao Yi followed behind me. Papa was seated on one of the armchairs in front of his desk. Luhan was seated on the other chair. Xiumin and Kris were lounging on the couch. I sat on the empty space beside Kris. Xiao Yi sat beside Xiumin.

 

Papa: Ah, good. You’re all here.

Luhan: *clears throat*

Papa: Where is Sehun?

Luhan: Kai?

Me: He’s on his way.

 

Xiao Yi eyed me suspiciously. It’s as if she knew that Sehun has not texted me to say he was on his way.

 

Papa: Let’s wait for him, then. I’ll go shower first.

Kris: *grunts and stretches hands up* I’ll go shower first too.

Xiumin: Me too.

 

Xiumin stood up as Kris did. He slapped Kris’ when the giant gege didn’t move.

 

Xiumin: Move it, Li Shang.

Kris: A dwarf like you should be able to pass by without problem.

Xiumin: Move over, or I’m gonna kick your .

 

Papa was obviously listening, but didn’t say anything.

 

Hmm…

 

Luhan and Xiao Yi had gone out the office before Kris started walking toward the door. I decided to just wait in papa’s office. I sat on the chair that Luhan vacated. Papa had placed some papers inside his drawer and his phone on top of the desk.

 

Papa: I’ll go to get a warm shower, Zhongren.

Me: Okay, pa.

 

Papa walked over to the door that led to his and mama Wu’s room.

 

I drummed my fingers on the desk and hummed to myself. It was going to be a bit of a wait. I stood up and went to sit on papa’s swivel chair and reclined.

 

So, this was how it felt to be CEO of WuCorp.

 

I snorted. My eyes fell on papa’s phone on his desk. I took it and grinned deviously. Time to play. I knew papa installed games on his phone. He doesn’t really play it, but just wanted to be updated with the trends. Sometimes, he incorporated ideas from games to the business, so it helps.

 

I slid my finger on the screen to unlock it. Good thing papa didn’t use numeric locks. I thumbed through the applications and games.

 

Then, an idea hit me.

 

I opened papa’s messaging app.

 

I’d be dead if he saw me playing with his phone, but he was in the bathroom, so he wouldn’t know. I saw messages from his business friends and contacts. I snorted. I went through papa’s contacts and selected Sehun’s number. I composed a message.

 

Shixun. Why are you not home yet? I need you in my office once you get home. You have some explaining to do.”

 

I pressed the send button and chuckled to myself. I deleted the message I sent for fear that papa saw it. Anyway, Sehun would have received it already.

 

Beep!

 

Sehun had replied. LOL. I read the message first before I deleted it as well.

 

He was home.

 

I quickly placed papa’s phone back on the desk and waited. The office door wasn’t closed, so I could hear the front door opened and closed.

 

Setan is home. LOL.

 

I turned the swivel chair around, chuckling to myself. I heard someone push the office door wider.

 

“Pa. I’m home.”

 

I was laughing silently. I heard Sehun sit down on one of the armchairs. I wanted to see his reaction, so I slowly turned the chair around to face him.

 

I grinned at him.

 

Sehun: What the--?

Me: Hahahahahaha! Gotcha!

Sehun: The eff…

Me: Hold it. Papa’s actually home.

Sehun: I know.

Me: Hahahahaha! You fell for it. Hahahahah!

Sehun: Just wait. Imma get you for this. I swear!

 

He glared at me.

The door to papa’s room opened. Papa stepped in the office and shooed me away from his chair with a flick of his finger. I stood up and plopped on the couch.

 

Papa: Let’s wait for the others.

 

 


 

Flashback Friday Evening

JUNGKOOK:

 

 

I should be happy. But I’m not.

*walks directly up the stairs and inside bedroom*

 

I didn’t have to do anything to win her. She is already mine. Appa and her papa already made sure of that.

 

But that’s not what I want. I know I like her, but this announcement just made it harder for me. I don’t want her to think that I’m only doing things for her because of the engagement. I had wanted to work in winning her. Not like this. I know how she feels about arranged marriages. Does she even like me enough to be happy about the announcement?

 

She didn’t look that happy when appa announced it. She looked as if she was confused. Although this was somehow expected, I wasn’t thinking that it would be this soon. I knew that appa and Mr. Wu had been talking about this before, but I didn’t know that they would announce it this early.

 

And that Wang Yibo.

 

*stares at mirror and glares*

 

Wang Yibo. Do you like her too? Are you making a move on her?

 

Why did she have to hug him like that? Does she like him? Is that why she didn’t look happy at the announcement? I haven’t heard Yibo talk about dating her, though. But the way Xiao Yi was hiding her face behind him and clutching his arm like that…

 

No.

 

Aniyo.

 

I don’t believe it.

 

What should I do to win her and not make it look like it’s only because of the engagement? Shall I break the engagement? I want to do it properly. Would she be happy if I break the engagement? Would she go with Yibo? Would she still accept me? I should tell her my intentions then. I don’t want her to think that I’m like Taeyong. Only doing things because his appa told him to do it.

 

That guy shouldn’t decide to come back to Beijing, or I’m gonna skin him alive.

 

I really should tell her now, before it’s too late.

 

Appa won’t look for me if I go now, right?

 

It’s a little late. Maybe I’ll just go tomorrow. I hope she’s home tomorrow. It was a good day and bad day at the same time. If Jimin hyung was here, he’d probably know what I should do. Jin and J hyung don’t have girlfriends yet, so I doubt they would know how to handle this kind of situation. Jimin hyung has Yue. He would know.

 

I want to call her and talk to her, but I don’t know if she will talk to me. I already said goodnight before.

 

*lays on the bed*

 

Appa has to be stupid to announce the engagement tonight. He should have announced it when Xiao Yi already said yes to me.

 

Tomorrow. I will go to her house and tell her my intentions.

 

Goodnight Jungkook.

 

Oh wait. I still haven’t changed clothes.

 

Ahhh…who cares.

*sleeps*

 



Let the real intentions begin. ^_^ 

Xiao Yi and Jungkook are both pabo. LOL

→  吴愛你們。我愛你們。 ♥♥♥