Confessions

Two Melodies

 

"Wu Yinzi...I...I'd like to know...Do you like white roses?"

I got annoyed. I was expecting something else. I snatched my shoes and threw it at him.

Him: What? Oww! That hurts!
Me: Nothing!
Him: So, you're saying you really don't like white roses?
Me: Ugh!
Him: I just...wanna know...if I...ordered the right ones...
Me: When will you- ugh!
Him: When will I what?
Me: I don't know.
Him: When will I ask you to be my girl?
Me: Yes!
Him: Wow. That was fast.
Me: What? Wait. What?
Him: *snorts*

I had to give it to him. He was subtle about it. I guessed he just wanted to muster up the courage to ask me without the pressure. I guess.

I stood there, looking at him with a shocked face. He was smirking.

I refused the clickbait, so I asked him. But I was nervous, to be honest.

Me: Did you really just want to ask if I liked white roses or did you wanna ask me something else?
Him: Answer me first.
Me: Yes, I like white roses. Now, answer mine.
Him: Yes, I wanted to ask you something else.
Me: And?
Him: You already said yes.
Me: I said...yes?
Him: Mm-hmm.
Me: So, you...wanted to ask me...that-
Him: Will you be my girlfriend?
Me: I...I...
Him: Well, I'm not rushing you. But it's been a long time waiting for this moment, Xiao Yi. Remember that first time we met?
Me: In Florida?
Him: Yes.
Me: What about it?
Him: I wondered if you were real. It was like seeing someone...unreal.
Me: You're joking.
Him: Aniyo. I'm serious.
Me: This is awkward.
Him: I know right.
Me: You usually ignore me when there's something uh- happens.
Him: Mianhamnida. I didn't mean to be rude, ignoring you like that. To be honest, I wanted to tell you how I feel, but I just don't wanna say it in the guise of...you know, like I'm only doing it for the sake of the business merger between our families. That, and the situation with Taeyong before.
Me: I never really liked Taeyong the way I like you.
Him: Hmm...

And he chuckled. I realized too late that I had confessed to him. I bit my lip and turned around.

Aish!

Him: So... 
Me: So...
Him: I just wanted to do this the right way. Not because my dad and your dad agreed to marry us off when we turn 21.
Me: Oh...
Him: I mean, I don't object, of course. I just thought it would be best if I do this properly, my own way. Taeyong was in the way, so I didn't know how to go about things. It's the first time I've ever felt this way to anyone, honestly. Then that situation with Choi Siwon...I...uh...well...was out for 3 days and appa thought I'd be forever gone. But luckily, I survived. I didn't blame you for that. In fact, my whole family didn't blame you. No one else was to blame except Siwon. I'm sorry if I ended up ignoring you. I guess I was just being cowardly. I didn't want to face rivalry, knowing Taeyong is older and is probably better than me.

I sat down on the nearest chair by the window. He went to sit opposite me. He continued, while looking at me.

Him: Everyday that I see you, everytime that I talk to you, there's this something that makes me want to stay and not leave you. I told myself we're just best of friends. But in the long run, I could no longer pretend. Then you had to leave...for 3 years. Far away from me.

He sighed and looked out the window. I could only wait for him to continue. I was nervous and still thinking of the right words to say.

Him: Then you came back. I was happy. But then the thought of finding a way how to make you mine haunted me. Yeah,  haunted. Like a dilemma. I wanted to tell you properly. I was afraid you'd get repulsed or something.
Me: Repulsed? 
Him: I don't know. Anxiety, I guess. Hahah.
Me: Pabo. Why would I be repulsed with you? I just told you I like you. From the time I saw you, I knew I liked you right away. Being just friends with you felt nice and I loved every time we were together. Didn't you see it or feel it?
Him: I know, I know. I kept asking myself how did I fall for you? What did you say or do to make me fall? Falling so hard, so fast...everything's changed from being just my friend to someone...special.

Can I die?

Me: You already know I like you. This is awkward...aish...
Him: Hahah *chuckles* There's no one else to hear you being awkward, it's cool.
Me: You can hear me.
Him: I have to, unless you don't want me to know.
Me: Ugh

*slaps his arm playfully*

Him: Violent girl.
Me: I'm not.
Him: So, is it really a yes?
Me: *screams inside* Yes.
Him: Jinjja?
Me: Nehhhh.

He grabbed my hands and smiled at me. I looked down.

Me: I'm just worried.
Him: About?
Me: Do we tell them? I mean, my family and yours?
Him: Of course. It's not like it would be a surprise. They have literally closed the deal with the merger.
Me: What if...the future...you decide to...
Him: Decide to what?
Me: I don't know what to expect.
Him: How can you see when you are looking down? Look up.

I raised my head and looked at him.

Him: Can you see it now?
Me: What?
Him: Your future.

He was looking right into my eyes, and I knew what he meant by that. I chuckled.

Him: Yes?
Me: Yes.

He pulled me into a hug. It felt warm. I slowly wrapped my arms around him. I could hear his chuckles as he hugged me. He stood up, hugging me. 

Then he slowly let me go. He looked right into my eyes again. My legs felt weak, I gripped his arms and he held me up. 

Him: Have you eaten?
Me: Yes.
Him: Why can't you stand up properly?
Me: I, uh...it's your fault.
Him: My fault?
Me: Yes.
Him: I love hearing you say "yes" to me. Hahah. it's cute.

His nose crinkled up and grinned widely. I fought the urge to pinch his cheeks. He looked like a little boy who got his first toy car.

He suddenly stopped smiling. 

Me: What's wrong?
Him: Nothing.
Me: Hmm..
Him: I have a question.
Me: What is it?
Him: Can I kiss you?
Me: Yes?

I hid a chuckle, but he caught on. He smirked and slowly lowered his face close to mine.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

He whispered before his lips found mine.

"Let's make this official, shall we?"

 


 


We took our first selfie as a couple at the balcony, the Eiffel Tower at the background. He joked that he'd upload the photo on his Instagram and label it as "Official", but I refused. I thought it was best to wait until we were back in Beijing before we tell everyone. I was kinda scared of my brothers. LOL.

Hand in hand, we watched the Parisian lights from the balcony.

Him: I'm glad this turned out right.
Me: Me, too.
Him: I had to borrow Jimin hyung's card.
Me: For what? OMG! What did you use it for?
Him: The flowers, of course. It was his idea, and he offered to lend me his card and charge it there.
Me: He's sweet. I'm glad to know Yue is in good hands.
Him: He's a prick most of the time. But yeah, your friend is in good hands.
Me: Am I in good hands?
Him: Of course.

He pulled me close into a hug again. He whispered something I couldn't make out. I had to turn my head to ask what he said, but instead of asking, my eyes found his lips. I was tongue-tied, I stared at his lips. He seemed not to notice and said something again. I still didn't hear it. We were that close, but I couldn't hear.

Him: XIAO YI! Are you even listening?

He had said it rather loudly, and I realized I was drifting into a daydream.

Me: Yes, of course.
Him: Aniyo. Neo-i deudgodoeji anhassda! 
Me: Huh?
Him: See? You're not listening.
Me: Mianhae *puppy eyes*
Him: *sighs* 
Me: So, what were you saying?
Him: I said I had to pay that Lei guy to give me his number and pretend something came up.
Me: So, it was you?
Him: Mm-hmm. I didn't like it, you alone with him.
Me: You're sometimes alone with Halla.
Him: It's nothing.
Me: I don't like it either.
Him: Okay, I'll stay away from her.
Me: Good.
Him: You sound like me.
Me: Good.
Him: Yinzi..
Me: Hmm?
Him: I'm not staying.
Me: What? But you said...we're...
Him: Hahah! I meant, not here tonight. I'm staying with appa at his hotel.

I punched his chest. He acted hurt and sobbed jokingly. 

Me: So, you're going to leave me alone here?
Him: Yes. Don't you like hearing me say "yes" too?
Me: Not like that.
Him: *snorts* I'm just kidding. I'm not going to leave you alone here. Not with that Dimwit trying to get to you.
Me: He's scary.
Him: He's not that scary. You're scarier.
Me: Aish...
Him: To be honest, when you punched him, I kinda felt the pain too.
Me: Tch..
Him: I'm proud of you. 

He grinned and gave me a pat on the back.

Me: You know better than to do stupid things, then.
Him: Yes, ma'am.

I snorted and went to get the bouquet of white roses. I admired it. I felt like a little girl again. I always wanted a guy who'd give me flowers. 

His phone rang. He picked it up and started mumbling. I walked over to him and raised my eyebrows, as if to ask who was it on the other end of the line. Instead of answering me, he handed me the phone. I took it from him.

Me: Hello?
Jimin: Hi...so...finally?
Me: What?
Jimin: Aren't you and Kookie-?
Me: Aren't we what?
Jimin: Official. I didn't think Kookie would be able to resist posting about it.
Me: He what?
Jimin: I'm kidding. Anyway, did you and him kiss already?
Me: Zzzzzzzz.
Jimin: Hahahah! I knew it.
Me: Thanks for the flowers, Jimin.
Jimin: Thank him, not me.
Me: It was your money.
Jimin: I just lent it to him. He's gonna pay it. Hahaha!
Me: So, why did you call him?
Jimin: I wanted to know how it went with his confession.
Me: Busybody brother you are.
Jimin: I'm a supportive hyung to my dongsaeng.
Me: You're a sweet guy, actually. Thank you Jimin.
Jimin: You're welcome. Now, give the phone back to Jungkook. I still have something to say to him.

I handed the phone back to Jungkook. I stepped away from him, replaced the flowers back on the table and sat on my bed, watching him. He was standing by the balcony door, talking to Jimin on his phone.

In my head, I was silently admiring him. He finally confessed and now we're officially together. Well, apart from the engagement that our fathers had arranged for us. 

I smiled to myself.

He was able to make me confess to him without me knowing I was already pouring my heart out. That's what mattered, anyway. 

I chuckled when I heard him grumble and threatened to kick Jimin over the phone. I could only imagine Jimin's teasing eyes as he made the dying fireworks sound.

He was lucky. He didn't have older brothers who would look at me murderously knowing about our relationship. My head started to be occupied with the faces of my 12 brothers. Especially the 3 oldies. Luhan. Xiumin. Kris.

I need a lot of help.

Help?

 



Are you happy?

I am.

These two pabos finally gave in and be honest with themselves.

吴爱你,我爱你!

감사합니다 ♡JungYi♡