Yeah, I'm Jealous

Two Melodies

 

 

I silently blamed myself for him being hurt again. If not for me retaliating to Gao, he won't get into a fight. As much as I didn't want any more fights, I had to tell Sehun and Kai. I sent them each a text message about what happened as Jungkook rested in the car.

He was pressing a palm on his cheek, feeling the bruise that formed from Gao's knuckles. The bruie was starting to show. I was scared if his appa found out. Would he be angry at me? Would his appa be angry at me? I sighed and sat on the passenger seat. His door was open and I told him to close it. Who knows, Gao and his gang might come back. He closed the door and looked at me. I leaned back and fixed my gaze in front. I didn't want to look in his eyes in case he talked to me.

Him: I'm fine. Don't think about it.
Me: You're not fine. You have a bruise on your cheek and your lip is bleeding.
Him: It's nothing.
Me: Let's go to the clinic.
Him: Why?
Me: Your appa might-
Him: He won't know.
Me: It's so obvious, Jungkook.
Him: *smirks*

I wasn't able to resist looking at him. I saw him smirk. I shook my head in surrender.

Me: Fine. Just let your lip bleed and your cheek swell.
Him: Let's go get some ice cream. I'm craving.
Me: You're impossible.
Him: The ice cream will reduce the swelling. Pshh.
Me: You always have a reason.
Him: Of course.

He started the car and looked at his reflection from the rearview mirror before he stepped on the accelerator. I caught him smirking at his reflection again. I fought 

the urge to flick his head. 

Stubborn.

We reached the ice cream shop and saw Namjoon in front of the cash register, attending to a customer. He looked up from the register and grinned. When he saw Jungkook's blue cheek, his face fell into seriousness. 

 


 

Namjoon stared at Jungkook's cheek for a  bit before he opened his mouth to say something. 

 

Namjoon: What happened to your face?
Jungkook: Nothing hyung. I'd like some ice cream please.
Namjoon: What flavor?
Jungkook: The usual.
Namjoon: Okay. And you, Xiao Yi?
Me: Uhm...I'm not really..just give me vanilla.
Namjoon: You two okay?
Me: I'm okay. Not Jungkook, though.
Namjoon: What happened?
Jungkook: Nothing.

 

He took the cup of ice cream from the attendant who prepared the ice cream we ordered. He walked over to the farthest side of the shop and sat down facing the window. I shrugged when Namjoon raised his eyebrows at me. I thanked him and paid for the ice cream. Jungkook was not in the mood to remember paying for his ice cream, but I didn't mind. I went to sit opposite Jungkook and silently ate my ice cream.

He seemed annoyed at the fact that I was fussing over him. Namjoon didn't ask again, but he looked worried.

Sehun replied to my text message a short while later. He asked if Gao mentioned his car. Sehun had managed to find a buyer for the car, but he said Kai had a better idea. Sehun's tone in the message seemed like he was pissed off at the fact that Gao dared to humiliate me and punched Jungkook. I was careful not to look too eager because Jungkook had started to crane his neck to see what I was typing. 

I acted as if I was texting my friends instead of Sehun. I pretended to giggle but it sounded like I was a nervous contestant to a gameshow on TV.

 

Jungkook: Who are you texting?
Me: Shanna.
 

I didn't say Yue. I knew he would find a way to check with Jimin if Yue and I were exchanging messages at this time. And I knew Jimin wouldn't lie.
 

Jungkook: Oh, really.
Me: Yes. Why?
Jungkook: I'm fine. Really. You don't have to tell the whole world.
Me: I'm not telling the whole world. Or would you want me to post a status on Facebook saying you got punched by Gao and is sporting a blue cheek and bleeding lip?
Jungkook: No. Don't you dare, Xiao Yi.
Me: Then, let's go to the clinic after this.
Jungkook: It's no longer swelling though. Thanks to the ice cream.
Me: Please?
Jungkook: *sighs* 
Me: You're making me worried. What if your appa sees your face?
Jungkook: I'd tell him I fell while-
Me: Don't you dare lie.
Jungkook: Fine.
Me: Are you mad at me?
Jungkook: No.
Me: You sound like you are mad.
Jungkook: Why would I be mad at you?
Me: Because I'm nagging you to go to the clinic.
Jungkook: It's fine.
Me: If you're mad, tell me. Don't just avoid me and stop talking to me.
Jungkook: I'm talking to you.
Me: I mean...like before. When there's something wrong, you either avoid me or stop talking to me. I don't like it.
Jungkook: Okay.
 

I made a face. He looked away.
 

Me: You're doing it again.
Jungkook: Doing what? *faces me*
Me: Ignoring me.
Jungkook: What makes you think I'm ignoring you?
Me: Well...you...
Jungkook: See? You don't even have any proof.
Me: Are you done?
Jungkook: Huh?
Me: With your ice cream..I mean.
Jungkook: Yeah. Why?
Me: Clinic.
Jungkook: Okay.
 

He stood up and stared at me. I stared back.
 

Jungkook: Aren't you gonna come with me?
Me: I am...why you...
Jungkook: You're just sitting there looking at me like-
Me: Aish!
 

I stood up and grabbed his arm. I waved a quick "Bye" at Namjoon and dragged Jungkook out of the ice cream shop. I heard him chuckle, but when I turned to face him, he looked dead serious. I smirked and dragged him to his car. He took out his car keys and unlocked the car. He got in, looked at me. I was still standing by the driver's side. I walked toward the passenger side and slid in. He started the car and silently drove toward the nearest clinic. Luckily, it was open. Usually, most clinics were closed on Sundays. I stepped out of the car and followed him inside. We were greeted by the doctor's assistant and asked us to have a seat while she informed the doctor. She also handed us a form to fill out. Jungkook stared at the form, then he looked at me. I sighed and took a pen from the counter. I gave it to him.
 

Me: Just write the important details for the doctor's reference.
Jungkook: I'm okay...
Me: Jungkook..urghhh.
Jungkook: Alright..alright..
 

He filled out the form and waited for the assistant to call him. There was a patient with the doctor at that time, so we had to wait for a bit. When it was Jungkook's turn with the doctor, he asked me to go with him. Moral support, I guess. Pffft. The doctor prescribed him an anti-inflammatory cream and gave him instructions on how to lessen the swelling. The doctor also reminded me to make sure Jungkook follows the prescription well. He also told us that Jungkook was lucky the punch didn't land near his eye, otherwise a nerve could have ruptured and affected his eyesight.

 


 

After going to the doctor,we went to buy the prescription medicine the doctor gave Jungkook. We decided to go to the mall and buy from the drugstore there. Jungkook had another craving for pizza this time. I didn't say anything against it, instead, just followed him. I saw some schoolmates at the mall. Some of them recognized us and they whispered among themselves. I knew they were talking about me and Jungkook going out together. Some of them said hi, and some just grinned and giggled. There were also some who raised an eyebrow. And those would probably the ones who liked Jungkook.

But I didn't mind them all.

It seemed like Jungkook didn't even mind them, so I just did what he did.

And then Lee Halla appeared.

Jungkook and I were checking out a clothing store when Halla walked past. Jungkook saw her and immediately ran out and called her. Halla turned to see who it was and when she saw that it was Jungkook, she grinned. I walked slowly out the store and stood behind Jungkook. Halla had walked back to where we were and sad hi. I raised my hand in greeting and smiled.

Don't get me wrong. I have nothing against her. She was nice. But-

Yeah.


I didn't really like it when Jungkook started getting chummy with her. Halla might be nice, but...I....get...jealous.

Yes.

Are you happy now?

I get jealous.

Things were getting better earlier, but Halla appeared. My day started to . It was Sunday, and Halla had a day off from work. That's why Namjoon was at the ice cream shop, then. I silently thought about sending a text message to Namjoon and asking him to give Halla something to do just so I can have Jungkook to myself.

But I wasn't evil. I endured the pain in my chest as I watched them laugh and talk to each other. In Korean.

I didn't bother to join in the conversation. I knew I was only going to say something bitter. I pretended to play with my phone and appear busy. I felt a tap on my shoulder. It was Jungkook.

Jungkook: You okay?
Me: Hm? Yeah. Why? 
Jungkook: Ah..nothing.
Halla: Xiao Yi, why aren't you saying something?
Me: Uhm. I'm...texting with my friends.
Halla: Oh.
Jungkook: She's busy. Hahah.
Halla: Ah, ne. She is.

I really wanted to drag Jungkook away from Halla. Bu if I did that, a lot of people would see and would think I'm crazy. We were still in front of the clothing store and people were walking past us. 

My phone rang.

Sehun.

Sehun: Xiao Yi. Papa wants to know what time are you coming home.
Me: I..don't know.
Sehun: We're having lunch out.
Me: Where?
Sehun: Banana Leaf.
Me: Haidian?
Sehun: Yep. Wanna come?
Me: I...well...Jungkook...
Sehun; Aww..he can come, you know.
Me: I'll ask him.
Sehun: *coughs*
Me: What?
Sehun: Nothing *coughs* date *coughs*
Me: Shut up.

Sehun hung up right after I told him to shut up.

I was annoyed at him for teasing me, but in a way, I was also thankful. He gave me a way out of this hell.

Halla.

Hell.

Hella.

Muahahaha.

Okay, stop it, Xiao Yi.


I poked Jungkook by the arm. He turned to look at me. I grinned innocently.

Jungkook: Ne?
Me: Sehun ge called.
Jungkook: Ah, you need to be home now?

No, dammit.

Me: Aniyo.
Jungkook: Oh. What is it?
Me: Papa said we're having lunch out.
Jungkook: Oh, so you have to leave now?

No. No. No. WE have to leave now.

Me: Actually...no... I mean, yeah. WE have to leave.
Jungkook: We?
Me: Yes. Me and you, lunch with papa and the rest of the Wu clan.
Jungkook: Uh-
Me: I mean, it's okay if you don't want. You can just drive-
Jungkook: No, it's okay. I'll just call Jin hyung to let him know.
Me: Oh...kay.

Halla's smile faded. I smiled innocently, though.

I won.

Halla had to say goodbye and go on her way. I waved at her and wished her a good day. Then I thought I heard Jungkook chuckle again. But when I turned to look at him, he had on a pokerface and was dialling Jin's number.

I swear. I heard him chuckle just a few seconds ago. This pabo knows how to hide it well. Ughhhh!

 



 

Hi! It's been a while since I updated. I've been busy during the holidays and I didn't have time to edit. Worse, my PC keyboard isn't working. I just borrowed my mom's laptop for now, so I can edit stuff. I hope you had a great Christmas and New Year's celebration.

Anyway, it's about time someone confessed, right? Xiao Yi finally admitted she gets jealous. Awww! Hahah >_<

Now, we're just waiting for Jungkook to make the first move. Ahihihi. I hope I can update the next chapter soon. I still have it in rough draft, but I'm working on finalizing it. 

감사합니다 ♡JungYi♡

p.s.

I'm writing an angst oneshot with BTS maknae line. The idea came to me while listening to Butterfly.