Wu + Kim = FUSI오N

Two Melodies

 

Chinese New Year week came so fast. Kai and Sehun were part of the dance team to perform at the school's celebration before the school holiday commenced.

Mama was already travelling with Tao from LA. Kyungie wasn't able to find time to come home, but sent his congratulations and wishes for the business merger, grand opening and the upcoming announcement. Suho and Lay were left in London because of their school schedule. Baek and papa were already back and working double time with the three oldies. Phuket construction were still ongoing even if papa, Kris and Baek were back in Beijing.

Because the three oldies and Baek were working with papa for the opening of Fusion, only mama and I went to watch Kai and Sehun's presentation. 

We were in one car. Kai drove and Sehun was on the passenger seat, while I and mama were at the backseat. Kai found a parking spot near the exit and carefully parked the car. The four of us walked together to the school stadium and found our seats. The stadium was already packed with students, parents, and other spectators. Kai and Sehun excused themselves and went to the backstage to prepare for the show. 

Mama was excited to watch Kai and Sehun's performances, she kept glancing at the program and crossing out the performances as they went along. I knew Jungkook was part of the dance team who was going to perform. I stole glances around the audience area to find his family. His appa and Jin were probably not going to be there because they were working together with papa for the opening. I searched the crowd for his eomma, J and Jimin. Mama noticed me looking around and she asked what was going on. I just told her that I was just watching the people around.

Lies, Xiao Yi...lies.

I didn't see the Kim family. The dance team performances came after a chorale, who sung traditional songs. Mama was all smiles as we saw Kai and Sehun stepped out onto the stage from the backstage. It would be the last performance by the two on this stage. They'd be graduating soon. I found myself video recording their performance on my phone. They did a medley of both traditional and modern dances. My eyes wandered to Jungkook and fixed it at him. I have never watched him dance that much, and now that I was focusing on him, I found myself liking what I saw. He did dance well. I felt my cheeks go red. I was staring at a boy. And I was dating that boy. I was going to marry that boy in a few years, too.

Awww... I felt like a proud girlfriend when the audience gave a round of applause after their performance. Mama was clapping hard as well. I saw her wipe a tear afterwards. I suddenly imagined her thinking how her baby Shixun had grown up already. LOL.

I didn't see the Kim family after the show, either. Kai and Sehun came with their bags after the show. Mama and I had waited outside the stadium. There were several wrought-iron benches lined up outside. My eyes automatically shifted to look at the person walking behind Kai. 

That person was wiping his face with a facetowel, his hair dripping with sweat. I wanted to go up to him and help him but I didn't want to shock mama and my brothers. LOL. Jungkook saw us and went to say hi. Mama congratulated him on his performance as well. He thanked mama and smiled at me. I congratulated him as well, and he dared to pat my shoulders. I snorted. He chuckled as well. He said his eomma and J were waiting for him at the parking lot already. Jimin couldn't make it to the show as he was out...on a date...with Yue. When he said that, his eyes met mine. I pretended to act natural and nodded. Kai and Sehun then exchanged a bit of words with him about their performance. They had a team gathering afterwards, like a celebration of some sorts. Jungkook said that he'd just drive his mom and J home, then follow to the restaurant where they will be meeting. Kai told him he'd drive mama and me home too, then follow with Sehun.

His eyes met mine again, as he started walking away.

Arriving home, I felt my phone vibrate in my purse. I took it out and saw a message received. It was from him. I read the message.

"Reached home? Hope you arrived safely. Our team will be having dinner here at Banana Leaf."

I replied, "Yes, we just got home. You take care going home later, okay?"

"I'm wearing your bracelet, I'm safe."

"It's cracked..."

"It's not that big of a crack."

"Okay. Enjoy your food."

" *kissy face* "


Why? Why do you have to do this to me always?

 


 

Sohee eonni arrived two days before the grand opening. Kris and Xiumin accompanied her to Ms. L's atelier to make last minute fittings for her dress. Tao had volunteered to help at the restaurant for any errands that Luhan, Jin and Baek needed help with. Papa regularly met with Mr. Kim to discuss whatever else they needed to discuss about. Mama went with him. 

That day, papa and Mr. Kim were meeting at their home. Papa told me to get ready because I was going with them. I hid my excitement. We were probably going to discuss the engagement announcement. I got ready and waited for him at the sitting area outside his home-office. Mama walked out of their bedroom first and told me to follow her outside and wait for papa there.

Papa's car emerged from the basement parking and stopped for me and mama. The ride to the Kims was quiet. Papa had his stereo play some traditional Chinese music. It was awkward, because I had my headphones on and I was listening to Charlie Puth on my phone. LOL. I was about to sing out loud but remembered papa's music in the car.

We arrived at the Kim's home and the gate opened. Papa drove through and parked at the courtyard. I stepped out the car and went to walk behind mama. From my peripheral, I saw Jimin jogging around the yard. Then before we reach the front door, it opened and J walked out. He was grinning widely and twirling a set of keys on his finger.

J: Oh, hello. Good morning! Just go right in, appa is waiting. Bye!

He bowed slightly and skipped while humming. I saw him make his way to his car and got inside it. Jimin stopped beside the car and that's when he noticed us. He patted the car, laughing, then walked toward us. He went to open the door for us.

Jimin: Hi. Good morning. Please come in.
Mama: Good morning, dear. Thank you.
Jimin: Let me inform appa that you are here.

He smiled and strutted off to find his dad. He came back with Kim Jaejoong shortly. He smirked at me when he met my eyes. He wiggled his eyebrows at me before he excused himself, probably off to tell Jungkook I was in their house.

Papa was ushered by Mr. Kim to his office with mama. I went to sit on the nearest lounge chair and looked around. Not long after that, Jungkook appeared with Jimin beside him.

Jungkook: Xiao Yi.
Jimin: Told you, she's here.
Me: Hi.
Jimin: Do you want me to stay and watch you two, or...
Jungkook: Go away hyung.
Jimin: Oh-kay. Hahahah!

I made a face at Jimin. He bowed and walked off, singing at the top of his voice.

Jungkook sat down beside me and reclined.

Him: You do know why you're here, right?
Me: Yeah.
Him: Are you ready to live here?
Me: What?
Him: Hahahaha! I was just teasing you.
Me: Pabo.
Him: But, you do know why you're here.
Me: I know. 
Him: Do you think they'll give us a script on what to say during the announcement?
Me: I don't know, but knowing your dad and my dad, I'd say they have something like that.y
Him: I'm prepared for my speech.
Me: So, you practiced what you're going to say?
Him: A bit. And it's starting to get me nervous.
Me: I can help.
Him: I got this.

With that, he took my hand and held it. I automatically looked around to see if someone was watching us. He snorted.

Him: If you're wondering if someone is watching, don't. There's nobody else home. I mean, nobody else who will gossip.
Me: Your appa-
Him: In his office with your dad and mom.
Me: Your eom-
Him: Went to appa's office as I was making my way here with Jimin hyung. And hyung is probably back outside, doing cardio workout. It's just you and me here. Just the way I like it.
Me: Hmm..

I let myself recline on the sofa, laughing with him as he goofed around. He laced his fingers with mine and held it firmly as he continued joking.

We both jumped up when a voice sounded behind us.

"Jungkook, Yinzi. Follow me."

It was Kim Jaejoong. His dad. We bowed in respect and followed him to his office. We exchanged glances as we walked behind his appa. Jungkook was trying to keep a straight face, but failing. I was trying to hold my laughter. I finally stopped giggling when we reached the door to his appa's office. Jungkook was standing straight too.

We both were asked to sit beside each other on the couch in front of his dad's desk. Papa and mama were seated on armchairs on one side, while his eomma was sitting on an armchair on the other side. Kim Jaejoong went to sit on his chair behind the desk.

Then the two heads of families started.

Mr. Kim: The grand opening is in two days and we will be announcing your engagement to the public then, as well.
Papa: We will not be doing a traditional engagement party, but we expect you both to behave in a manner like how a young man and lady should.
Mr. Kim: Jungkook, you are Yinzi's for the event, and as such, you should not leave her side.
Papa: We will announce the engagement after the opening ceremony, and before we toast.
Mr. Kim: Ne, that's right.
Papa: Both of you should be at the ceremony, no galivanting.

Both of us could only nod or say "Yes" as the two fathers briefed us with what would take place. Mama and Mrs. Kim were just there to smile and nod in support.

I felt it dragged on for a little bit, but when it was through, I felt relieved. We stayed for lunch and the atmosphere went light. Jimin and J were a bit loud at the table, making Mr. Kim a bit edgy, however, he didn't say anything and just let the two carry the conversations. It was good, though. Jimin had bragged how he was able to sign a contract with one of Las Vegas' largest hotel and casino in behalf of his dad. He also said that he wasn't really expecting to sell their product that day, but the opportunity came and he ended up signing a contract the next day. Mr. Kim's smile was genuine when he nodded at Jimin's story. I was willing to bet he was proud of his son at that moment. J chimed in that one day, he'll also be able to close a deal with another big business for their dad. His eomma just smiled and told im to focus on his studies before he started selling stuff, otherwise, he'd probably stop school and just start working.

"Hoseok, we already talked about this. University first before work."

Jimin then added that he just had luck, so he wasn't going to start working for his dad yet.

Jin had appeared as we were about to eat dessert. He just came from the restaurant and said he already ate there. He greeted us and went to sit at his place at the table.

J: I thought you said you already ate.
Jin: Shush! That pudding looks yummy. Mmmmm...
J: Tch!

Jungkook snorted and took a ramekin of chocolate pudding and gave it to me. I thanked him and Jin looked at me.

Jin: It's nice to finally have you on the lunch table with us, Xiao Yi.
Me: Uhm...thank you.
Jin: Finally hahah! We have a sister.

Everyone at the table went silent and stared at him. Jin looked around and realized what he just said.

Jin: Uh...I don't know about you, but I'm happy.

Then he plunged his spoon deep into his pudding and smacked his lips. He was a happy eater. Everyone else joined in and I saw Jimin and J do a thumbs up at Jin, smiling.

 


 


Grand Opening Day. Chinese New Year.


Everyone was busy, getting ready to go to the restaurant. Mama had dutch-braided my hair on both sides and secured it into a loose bun at the back. 

My hands were cold and sweaty, knowing what was going to transpire. Jungkook had sent me a message saying he was nervous and had to take a few deep breaths before he could change into his clothes. I laughed at that, forgetting that I was feeling the same way.

Sohee eonni was staying at the guest bedroom downstairs, and we had spent some time together having a little sleepover the night before. We used the upper guest room and excluded the boys. We placed a cardboard sign outside the door, "No Boys Allowed". 

I got to know her a little better and started to understand the relationship between a boy and a girl. Mama and papa weren't a very good example, based on papa's history of relationships while being married to mama.

Anyway, mama was already dressed and ready to go to the opening. After doing my hair, I had changed to my dress and strapped on my shoes. This time, I was smart not to wear three-inch stiletto shoes. I opted for a ballerina flats. I wanted comfort, not fashion, I told mama when she asked why I wasn't going to wear heels.

...and I wanted to look cute next to Jungkook.

LOL.

Sitting in the backseat of the car, Luhan's, my hands were still cold. I chose to ride with Luhan because I got more nervous around papa. Luhan kept glancing at the rearview mirror at me. Sehun was on the passenger seat and he kept telling Luhan to watch the road.

Sehun: Lu ge, watch the road, not Xiao Yi.
Luhan: I am watching the road.
Sehun: You are not.
Luhan: Xiao Yi, are you okay?
Me: I'm quite nervous, actually.
Luhan: You need anything?
Me: No, I'll be fine Lu ge.
Sehun: We'll be right behind you whatever happens, meimei.
Luhan: Yes, we will.
Me: Xiexie.

My stomach was doing backflips inside when we reached the restaurant. There were balloons outside and people were starting to arrive. Flowers lined up the wrought-iron fence around the building. Outside, the place looked more like a London-style restaurant than a Chinese or Korean one, but it was nice. What made it look oriental were the lanterns that were creatively hung on a tree that shaded part of the building. There were tables and chairs outside for people who wanted to dine al fresco.

A big, wide ribbon was gleaming in the middle of the archway going inside the restaurant premises. People stood outside, waiting for the ribbon-cutting ceremony. I fidgeted as I stood by the car, not wanting to get near the entrance. Mama had walked beside papa, holding on to his arm, and started greeting the guests. The three oldies looked very polished and were the ones taking charge. Sohee eonni walked beside Xiumin as he made his way around the crowd, greeting people. Tao, Kai and Sehun were ushered by Baek to help him with something. I wanted to do something too, so I started walking around, saying hello.

I bumped into Jin, who was looking very handsome with his white shirt and blue-grey suit. He had a clipboard on one hand and was talking through a bluetooth earpiece.

Jin: Oops! Sorry Xiao Yi, didn't mean to bump into you. No, not you. I wasn't talking- Yah! Jimin! Give back the phone to- Yes, Xiao Yi is here. Now, give back the phone to-

He smiled sheepishly at me and apologized.

Me: It's okay. No worries.
Jin: I shouldn't have let Jimin handle the service crew...oh man...I should have asked J instead..But he's telling Kookie you are here. Wait here. 
Me: Okay.
Jin: Oh, I'm so happy I have a sister.

He hugged me for a bit and excused himself again, talking to someone from his bluetooth earpiece. It made me chuckle. I wasn't expecting Jin's reaction to be like that. I made my way to a corner.

"Hi. I'm Jungkook. Your for today. Nice to meet you."

He appeared from nowhere. I almost tripped again. He smirked.

Him: Be careful.
Me: You startled me.
Him: Ah, mianhae. But in case you fall, I'm here to catch you.
Me: Cheesy.
Him: I should be, I guess.
Me: Alright, Jungkook. I'm Yinzi. Nice to meet you.
Him: You look really beautiful.
Me: Thank you. You look...handsome, too.
Him: It's in the genes.
Me: Tch!
Him: We'll make handsome and pretty babies, ne?
Me: Shut up!

OMG! We haven't even been announced as engaged and he was already thinking of babies! I cannot!

 



吴爱你们!

Hello JungYi shippers! Another update about our couple.

Do you think Jungkook and Xiao Yi will make handsome and beautiful babies? LOL

Anyway, just like ARMYSelcaDay, I just want to post these photos of our couple.