Knight in Shining Armor

Two Melodies

 

 

I shot him with a death glare. Jungkook just snorted again.

 

Me: Doesn't Jungkook have classes?

Papa: You have classes too, Yinzi. And who would be your ?

Me: Lu ge...?

Mr. Kim: It's the time for Jungkook to be introduced into the social world as well. I will be talking to the school staff to excuse him.

Papa: Luhan will be working on the restaurant opening.

 

I saw Jungkook smirk and stab the rest of his mango mousse with his fork and looked at me straight in the eyes as he gobbled it up.

 

Papa started to say that I'd have to practice dancing the waltz because there is a big possibility that I could open the ball with papa. He looked at Sehun and Kai, knowing they were part of the school dance team. The two gave their thumbs up and grinned.

 

I wasn't really good at dancing, but I wasn't bad as well. I just loved to draw and read more than dancing.

 

Papa also asked for my free time so he can set up the schedule for the fitting of the dress I would be wearing. He said it was better to discuss about it now than to inconvenience the designer and the couturiers. He was going to call mama to handle the schedule. I wished mama was home, but she was still helping out with Suho's med school.

 

 

 

Okay, so after dinner, papa and Mr. Kim decided to have a nightcap. The rest of us were instructed to go home…well, except me and Jungkook. Actually, he just wanted Jungkook to drive me home. He deliberately told us to stay for a bit just to tell Jungkook to drive me home. Imagine the looks on Luhan, Kris and Xiumin’s faces when they found out later.

 

The three oldies were not expecting me to come home right after them. They thought I would be staying with papa for a little bit more. When Jungkook’s car pulled up in front of the gate, I bet one of the three were vigilant enough to look out the window and see a car in front of our house. All three of them were out sitting by the front door. At least, they didn’t open the gate and harass Jungkook. Hahah. Okay, why am I laughing? Anyway, the three oldies greeted me with suspicious eyes as I went through the gate and closed it. Jungkook didn’t stay long. He just literally dropped me off and went home. I didn’t complain. I still felt a little hyped and awkward about what happened.

 

Kris was seated at the front steps, Xiumin was leaning on the banister and Luhan was leaning on the other side. They were still wearing their dinner clothes. I walked toward them and decided to ignore them as I went up the steps. Luhan cleared his throat when I reached the landing. I walked slowly toward the front door. This time, Kris cleared his throat. I looked behind me and saw him stood up.

 

Kris: So…

Luhan: …you and Jungkook-

Kris: -sneaking out?

Xiumin: Looks like it, in my opinion.

Me: What?

Luhan:  You know what we mean.

Me: Papa personally asked him to drive me home.

Kris: Are you telling the truth?

Me: Of course. Would I be lying if papa is home?

Xiumin: Right.

 

I sighed and they stopped bugging me. They walked with me inside the house. Kris and Luhan were on either side of me and draped an arm over my shoulder. Xiumin walked ahead with his hands in his pockets as he whistled. Sehun and Kai were in the kitchen. I could hear them laughing and some tinkling glasses. They probably were drinking something. I went upstairs to my room. The three oldies decided to join the other two in the kitchen.

 

Once I was in my room, I took off my shoes and walked barefoot. It felt light and I plopped down on my bed. I needed to think.

 

It was surreal. I had been invited to be part of the debutants in the Paris ball. I only heard about it before. There was only one other girl from FIS before who was invited. It was indeed an honor. The fact that I would be able to wear something from a famous designer was awesome. I immediately closed my eyes and imagined the kind of dress or gown I was going to wear. Was I allowed to suggest to the designer what I wanted to wear? Or was I supposed to just be like a model for that event? For one, I wanted to wear something simple, not too extravagant, not to puffy and stuff. I have seen some photos of past balls and saw that some dresses or gowns were a little too much for my liking. I wouldn’t want to trip on my own dress when I walked.

 

Then I remembered him.

 

He would be wearing either a suit or tux. He’d look extremely good in a tux. What if he wore a Victorian style tux? He’d definitely look like a prince. My prince.

 

Ssssshhh…

 

I think I giggled too  much.

 

I got up from bed and went to change my clothes. But I decided to take a warm shower before doing that. I laughed to myself as I imagined him dancing waltz in a tux.

 

Jungkook wearing a tux with a cane. Hahahah!

 

Badass.

 

He’d look like an aristocrat. A haughty one at that. LOL.

 

I finished my shower and prepared for bed. I was combing my hair when my phone beeped. I had a message. I took my phone and read it.

 

Yinzi, are you free tomorrow?

 

It was him.

 

I asked him why he wanted to know. He replied that he just wanted to spend some time with me and maybe talk about the ‘’arrangement’’ regarding our situation. I sighed, remembering the previous talk we had about our situation…and the whole Yibo-Halla thing. Anyway, I told him I was free. Sundays were almost always my free days. And deep inside me, I secretly wanted to be with him. Just me and him. I prayed hard that no one would suddenly appear and ruin the day. Okay. I think I just became a green-eyed monster.

 

He was kind of mine, right?

 

 


 

 

 

Sunday.

 

We were supposed to meet at around ten in the morning. It was already nine when I woke up. I spent a few more hours awake the night before talking to my friends over the phone about the invitation. Both the Paris ball and Jungkook’s invitation.

 

Yue had suggested we pick the suit or tux that Jungkook would wear. I told her that his dad probably would be taking care of that. But she insisted that it was my responsibility since I was…well, papa was the one who sort of asked him to be my . She had Jimin online and I found out that two of my brothers were with him in St. Helena as it was a weekend. Tao and Kyungie spent the weekends mostly with Jimin, especially since Jin was not there.

 

Anyway, I hurriedly ate my late breakfast and ran back upstairs to take a bath. The three oldies were lounging by the pool. I could see them from my window upstairs. I heard faint music coming from Kai’s room. He must be in his element and practicing some new dance steps. I had met Sehun going down the stairs when I ran up. He had just finished taking a bath and his hair was still wet. He actually doesn’t bother drying his hair when he just plans to stay home after his bath. He quite forgot that Luhan and the other two oldies were home, and that if he were caught with dripping hair and the floor wet, he’d get an ‘’award.’’

 

I crinkled my nose as I surveyed my closet for something to wear. I was busy gossiping with my friends that I totally forgot to prepare what I had to wear. Let’s face it. When times like this happen, a girl has to be prepared, right? Whatever he wanted to say, a girl has got to look her best.

 

I froze.

 

OMG. I completely forgot about papa.

 

I mean, even if he was the one who wanted me and Jungkook to be together, I still needed to ask permission from him to actually go out with him. I was already in the legal age to date…according to his rules. But still, I didn’t know why I felt guilty without telling papa.

 

Where was papa anyway? I didn’t feel his presence at home since I ate breakfast. I doubted he was asleep. But, was he still asleep? Should I go and knock on his door to tell him? I took the risk.

 

I picked to wear a navy blue floral-printed jumpsuit shorts and my ever dependable low cut Chucks. I hastily tied my hair into a ponytail and went downstairs. I breathed in and out for a bit before knocking on papa’s door. No answer. I waited for a few minutes before knocking again. Still, no answer. I shrugged and placed my hands on my pockets. I checked my pockets if my essentials were there.

 

Phone - check, hanky – check, wallet – check.

 

Jungkook would be picking me up, so I didn’t have to ask any of my brothers to drive me to wherever I was going with him.

 

Where was papa?

 

I sat on the armchair by the stairs to wait for Jungkook. Sehun appeared from the kitchen. He was munching on a large sandwich. His hair was still dripping wet. His other hand was a bottle of orange juice. He saw me and sat on the other chair. He placed the bottle on the side table.

 

Sehun: Where are you going?

Me: Just hang out.

Sehun: With?

Me: Friend….s.

Sehun: Ahh, Jungkook. Okay. Have fun.

Me: Thanks.

Sehun: You don’t have to keep secrets about him with me. He’s got my thumbs up for you little sis.

Me: This is awkward.

Sehun: Just don’t make babies yet, okay. I’m not ready to be an uncle.

Me: Shut up!

 

He laughed out loud that he almost choked on his sandwich. He placed the half-eaten sandwich on the table and grabbed the juice bottle. I picked up the sandwich and scolded him for placing food on the table without a tissue or plate. He just snorted as he gulped on the juice. He took the sandwich away from me and started eating again. He replaced the bottle on the table and patted my head with his hand. He stood up and picked up the bottle again. He then walked toward the stairs and nodded at me. He winked and wiggled his eyebrows. I threw at him whatever I got my hands on at that time. I realized I threw a doily at him. He ran up the stairs. I didn’t bother to pick it up either.

 

I slumped on the chair again. I silently prayed that the three oldies wouldn’t come inside the house before Jungkook arrived.

 

I decided to go out and wait for him by the gate.

 

I’d look like a little desperate, wouldn’t I?

 

I walked to the front door and stood there. I placed my hand on my pocket and gripped my phone. At the same time, my phone beeped. I knew it was already him. I didn’t bother to check it. I opened the front door and got out. I was silently glad that the three oldies didn’t see me. I saw his car outside and I fought the urge to run toward the gate. I bit my tongue as I neared the gate to prevent myself from saying anything stupid. He got out of the car when he saw me. I closed the gate after me and walked to his car. This time, he was ready. He got to the passenger door first and opened it for me. I got in and thanked him. He slid in next in the driver’s side. He checked the rear view and side mirrors before he started the car again.

 

Today, he had an aura of a no-nonsense person. It looked like he was all business. I guess whatever we would talk about would be serious as he was right now. He was casually wearing a plain white tee and black cargo shorts. I peeked to look at his shoes and noticed he was also wearing low cut Chucks. I looked out the window and chuckled. He didn’t notice, I guess. He ran a hand through his hair first and started the car.

 

No one spoke on the road. I kept stealing glances at him and he didn’t look annoyed that I wasn’t talking. In fact, he was humming a song as he drove. He blew strands of hair that fell down on his eyes. I wanted to brush it back, but it would be awkward.

 

I realized we were heading to the park where he and Taeyong sort of battled it out on the skateboard.  As it was a Sunday, there were a lot of people there. Mostly kids our age were there. He parked his car under a shade and we started walking. No particular destination.

 

Him: I just figured we hang out here. You okay with it?

Me: Yup. I’m good.

Him: Cool. Want something to eat?

Me: I had a late breakfast.

Him: Me too, actually.

Me: What did you have for breakfast?

Him: Sandwich.

Me: Funny. Sehun-ge had a sandwich too.

Him: I thought you were going to say you had a sandwich too.

Me: Aniyo.

Him: I’m actually still hungry.

Me: Why didn’t you eat properly?

Him: I was hoping you’d eat with me.

Me: Why?

Him: Why not?

 

He looked serious, so I didn’t push it. I sighed and grabbed his hand. There was a dimsum station nearby. I was glad I brought money with me. I pulled him toward the stall and he didn’t complain. There were a few people standing in line, buying food. I stood in line, still holding on to his hand. I didn’t dare look at him, because I knew I’d feel awkward and blush. He stood beside me. He made no move to remove his hand from my hold.

 

When it was my turn to buy the food, I slowly let go of his hand and spoke to the guy manning the stall. I took it upon myself to choose the food. After I paid for the food, I pushed the lunch pack at him. He grinned and thanked me.

 

I missed his genuine smile. I smiled back.

 

 

I brought the bottle of juice since his hands were full of the food I bought for him. He sat on a bench near the car and started eating. I watched him, amused. It had been a long time since we were like this. I chuckled. He smirked at me and offered a dumpling. I shook my head, but he insisted and picked up one with his chopsticks and brought it to my mouth. I made a face, but opened my mouth to eat the dumpling. He snorted. I saw a side smile as I chewed on the food. He picked another dumpling and ate it.

 

He suddenly pushed the lunch pack at me and grabbed the juice bottle. Well, he was thirsty. I snorted. He made a face and handed me the juice bottle. I raised an eyebrow.

 

Him: Aren’t you thirsty?

Me: Nope, thanks.

Him: Okay.

 

He replaced the bottle cap and smirked. He was teasing me. if I didn’t know better, he wanted me to drink from the bottle…indirect kiss…you know?

 

Can I punch him?

 

He stood up and walked over to his car. He opened the trunk and took out his skateboard. He had a look in his face like he was winning. He dropped the board on the ground and stood on it. He went round the bench I was sitting on and halted after he went round three times. He sat back on the bench and pushed the board with his foot toward me.

 

Me: What?

Him: I’ve never really gotten around to teach you more, before. Wanna try now?

Me: OMG Kim Jungkook, are you serious?  

Him: Yes, I am. Don’t you wanna?

Me: I’ve never done this in a long time, you know.

Him: You mean Taeyong has not…?

Me: Nope.

Him: Good.

Me: Huh?

Him: Nothing.

 

He wiggled his eyebrows. He stood up and pulled me up as well.

 

Him: Let’s go?

Me: I might fall flat on my face, you know.

Him: I won’t let that happen.

 

He assured me. I nodded. I took a deep breath and stretched my arms up. He snorted, but let me do some stretching anyway. He rode the skateboard for a bit before he came back and pushed it toward me. I looked at him, hoping he’d hold my hand or something. I was a little scared to fall. I didn’t have any kneepads and helmet. Good thing the oldies didn’t know what I was doing, otherwise, I’d be in full battle gear again. I trusted Jungkook.

 


 

 

Much to my delight, he took my hand and guided me as I tried to stand on the board with two feet. He laughed at me, reminding me that I needed to push the board with one foot first. I was a beginner, so I should follow the basics.

 

He made me practice with mounting the board, holding my hand. He seemed satisfied with my progress. I was able to mount the board in no time. I didn’t notice that he was no longer holding my hand. And when I noticed, I panicked. I didn’t know how to stop. He laughed at me as I wobbled and he caught me flailing arms and slowed me down.

 

‘’So, you think you got what it takes to be a skatergirl, Wu Yinzi?”

 

My face turned into a smirk as I saw the person whose voice I heard belonged to.

 

Gao.

 

The person who called our family numskull and dimwits.

 

Me: What do you care?

Gao: Whoa. Feisty. I didn’t know the only girl in the Wu clan was feisty, unlike your brothers…faggots. I like feisty girls.

 

And he his lips.

 

Before I could say something else, Gao suddenly fell down. It happened in an instant. Jungkook was already in front of me and had a fist raised. He had hit Gao in the face. Gao’s friends who was standing behind him helped him up and as soon as he was up, he punched Jungkook in the face as well. I screamed, but instead of stopping, Gao grabbed Jungkook by the collar and hit him in the stomach.

 

Gao: Kim, is it? You so bold to punch me, huh? Well, take this…

 

And he hit Jungkook in the stomach again.

 

I couldn’t bear just watching and looking helpless. I kicked Gao from behind. I made sure my foot came in contact with his groin. Then I screamed.

 

A few people who were nearby heard me and came rushing to help. Gao’s friends helped him and they hurried away. Jungkook slumped on the ground and I caught him before his face hit the concrete. He grimaced and sat on the ground. His left cheek was red and his lower lip was bleeding.

 

The other people who came to our rescue called the park security to report what happened. I crouched beside Jungkook and surveyed his face. He winced as he clutched his stomach. I huffed and tried to help him up. He was a little heavy for me, but I planted my feet firm on the ground and helped him up. I let him sit on a nearby bench and took out my hanky.

 

I didn’t have any first aid kit with me. I gently wiped the blood off his lip. I noticed his nose started bleeding.

 

‘’OMG OMG OMG What shall I do!?’’

 

My face must have looked panicky for he grabbed my wrist to calm me down.

 

Him: I’m alive, Xiao Yi-ah. Are you alright?

Me: How could you…no…why did you do that?

Him: He was insulting you…and your family.

Me: Even so. You shouldn’t have…look at you…you’re hurt…because of me…again…

 

He sighed and looked straight into my eyes.

 

‘’I won’t just stand there and watch when someone does that to you. I don’t want you to get hurt.’’

 

But…

 

He placed a finger to my lips and shushed me.

 

‘’Sshhhh… ‘’

 



 

JungYi must've finally realized something. ♥♥♥

OMG. BTS comeback! i decided to update now, just in time for the comeback. My Jungkook feels... Although, Min Yoongi is coming in close second. I'm feeling ''Butterfly'' and ''Bapsae'' as my faves after listening to the album preview, but it might change as soon as the full album drops soon. I'm excited ^^

Anyway, expect more JungYi moments soon. A surprise is in store sometime soon. LOL. Mind if I share one spoiler? Nahh... #Nevermind

let me leave you with this

吴爱你,我爱你!