Lawyer Kyungsoo

Two Melodies

 

Kai


"I'm contemplating telling papa and mama about this, you know."

"And we take all the blame for what happened and will happen. You know that, Lu."

"So what do you propose we do?"

"I don't know for now. Do you have any idea, Xiumin?"

"Nope. This is a major problem. More than flunking math. What was Tao thinking?"

"Unless Tao is lying, we don't really know the details. Have you been able to reach Kyungsoo?"

"Tao said that Kyungsoo wasn't at the apartment. Probably at the library."

"Did you send him a message to call you back once he gets the chance?"

"Yes, I did."


Sehun and I overheard the oldies talking inside papa's office. Well, actually, we decided to eavesdrop. Tao getting a girl pregnant was just absurd. Yeah, he seemed the type to flirt with girls, but not the type to actually get it on with them. Talk about "Fear of the WuZun." We all have that fear. So I don't believe Tao did something that would result in something like that. He knows perfectly well what papa is capable of doing. Serving papa's punishments are not very nice. Especially now that we are older. Papa's punishments would be according to our age.

Sehun was a little taller than me so he crouched low on the floor and pressed his ear on the door. I remained standing. We were alert for small footstep sounds from inside, knowng that the oldies would be livid if they found out we were eavesdropping on them.

Luhan: We need to know who this girl is.
Kris: And her family background.
Xiumin: Aren't we judging her already?
Kris: No, we are not.
Xiumin: But...family background?
Luhan: Yes. We should do a background check. Who knows Tao is just being used for money.
Kris: Briber, blackmail...you know. That girl might be a gold-digger.
Luhan: We are not judging. We are just careful.
Kris: Do you want to have a family member who wants to rob us?
Xiumin: You have a point, but you know, it might also be true.
Kris: Don't you trust your own brother?
Xiumin: Uhm...
Luhan: Let's not doubt Tao with this, okay? He's a little immature, we know that. But if he's guilty, he wouldn't have laughed like that while he was telling me.
Kris: Stupid kid.
Xiumin: Alright. But are we telling papa?
Luhan: Not yet. We have to be sure first.
Xiumin: Sure? That the kid is Tao's? That would take 9 months.
Kris: We have to protect each other.
Xiumin: From papa. Okay.
Luhan: More than papa, actually. From everyone else who would rather see this as an opportunity to destroy our family.
Xiumin: I understand. Now, we have to talk to Kyungsoo to find out if he knows this girl and if he knows anything about it.
Kris: He should. He's not studying law for nothing.
Luhan: So, for now, we wait for Kyungsoo. Then, I suggest one of us go there to personally investigate or get to know this girl.
Kris: I'll go.
Xiumin: What would we tell papa why you are going there?
Kris: I'll tell papa I'm going there to gather new ideas for a new project.
Luhan: And what project is that?
Kris: I'll come up with something. In the meantime, let us relax. We have 9 months to solve this.
Luhan: It's easy for you to say. What if it's indeed Tao's kid?
Kris: Then we will be the one to kill him first before papa finds out that we were hiding this from him for 9 months.
Xiumin: Orz. You're going to murder your brother for that?
Kris: You know what I mean. I have no bad blood in me, so I can't kill. You know I'll only choke him to death.
Luhan: The rest of the boys have to know.
Xiumin: Yes. Baekhyun may have an idea how to expedite the 9 months.
Kris: Right. Baek should know what to do with this situation.
Luhan: Hmm...yeah...

I got tired of standing up, so I slid down to the floor and leaned on the door. Sehun had also sat on the floor with his palm flat on the door as he listened.

There was a soft rustle from inside. We couldn't be sure if it was footsteps because the floor was carpeted. Just to be safe, Sehun and I scampered back up and hid at the foot of the stairs. We heard the office door open and soft voices from the oldies.

I pushed Sehun up, and we both took long strides up the stairs. When we reached the second floor, I ran to my room and carefully closed the door. I hurriedly went to bed and my TV. The usual. Wu Zhongren, the great pretender. Harharhar.

I fell asleep waiting for any of the oldies to knock on my door to scold me for eavesdropping. Turned out not one of them knew Sehun and I were eavesdropping. That's cool.

 


 

Kyungsoo

 

Tired, I dragged my feet inside the door of the apartment that I and Tao shared. I wasn't just tired. I was exhausted. Taking up Law as my college degree was taking its toll on my sanity. But I had to gather up my act and finish what I've started. I have several more years to endure, but I'm sure it would all be worth it. Papa gave his full trust that I can do it. I will be a lawyer soon.

The apartment was dark when I entered. Where was Tao? He didn't have classes today. I turned the lights on and dropped my bag on the floor by the dining table. I walked toward my room and the lights. Then I went to knock on Tao's door. No answer. Okay fine. He may be out with his friends again.

I walked to the kitchen and opened the fridge. I took out the can of opened orange juice I didn't finish this morning. I fished out my phone from my pocket and turned it on. I had turned it off while I worked on my research at the library. Luhan ge and Xiumin ge sent me messages.

I almost choked on my orange juice as I read the messages. Tao got a girl pregnant? What? I didn't know that. I lived with him and I didn't know what was happening.

ODG.

My brother has gotten a girl pregnant under my nose? Yeah, I knew he went to house parties, but I didn't know he had trysts with girls. I mean, he's the type to flirt, but not really the type to get serious with it.

Then I remembered I asked Tao to create a scenario where he was in trouble and I had to defend him...prove that he is innocent. You know, test my knowledge and see if I have the chops to be a lawyer. Could it be this scenario? I didn't say he had to pick the oldies to act out the scenario to. But damn! This is going to be hard. 

Wait. The oldies might tell papa and...I have to defend him to papa...?

I can't. 

I slapped my forehead. Otteokae? I have to call the hyungs ASAP.

*dials Luhan's number*
*ends call*
*dials Xiumin's number*
*ends call*
*dials Kris' number and ends call right away*
*dials Luhan's number again*
*ends call again*

Otteokae? Who do I call?

*dials Luhan's number*

Fighting, Kyungsoo-ya!

 



 

Baekhyun


They only remember me if they need something. Orz. What do they want  now?

I have set a special phone ringtone for each of the three oldies. And right now, my phone's ringing. I looked at the screen and saw that it was Kris ge who was calling. I glanced for a bit at papa, who was reading a Swiss newspaper. He had come to Zurich to check on me, making sure I wasn't missing, or worse, misbehaving.

Me: Hello?
Kris: Baixian.
Me: Yes?
Kris: I have something to tell you. Is papa with you?
Me: Uh...yes. Why?
Kris: Can you go somewhere secure?
Me: What?
Kris: Just do it. 
Me: Okay, okay!

What was happening? I murmured my excuses to papa, and he just grunted in return. I made my way outside the hall and walked away from the hotel room I shared with him.

Me: Okay, I'm far away from papa.
Kris: Good. Now, listen.

So I listened well and my ears rang from what I heard.

What? What? Is it true? If so, then...what? I don't know.

Me: So...so...you want me to..to...think of something. Uh, something...to...what was I supposed to do again?
Kris: Dammit, Baek! We need your expertise this time and you just stammer at me?
Me: What am I supposed to say? Congratulations to Tao?
Kris: Stop joking. This is not a joke.
Me: But, I don't know what to do. At least not now.
Kris: That's why I'm telling you now. We have 9 months.
Me: That's about the time the baby is born, right?
Kris: Paboya. Of course. Babies are born around that time.
Me: And you want me to find a way how to confirm that the baby is Tao's even before it's born?
Kris: He or she, Baekhyun. Not "it's" juseyo. It's a human. I mean...he..she...human. Ahh..sh*t..
Me: Okay. Anyway, how's Xiao Yi?
Kris: What?
Me: You know, your sister?
Kris: Oh, of course. Why?
Me: I was asking how is she?
Kris: She is your sister too, you know.
Me: I know that. I wanna know how is she.
Kris: She's okay. Why did you ask now?
Me: Does she know about this?
Kris: Yes. 
Me: Oh. That's good.
Kris: What are you up to?
Me: It's good because she is well aware of the repercussions of...unprotected....
Kris: Shut up, Baixian.
Me: It's a good thing, gege. You can't deny it. She and Jungkook are getting closer than ever. They have to  be stopped.
Kris: Don't worry. They are not going to be like Tao.
Me: About Tao. Are we going to tell papa anytime soon?
Kris: No.
Me: Mama?
Kris: No.
Me: Well, you three call the shots here. I'm just a slave.
Kris: Shut up. Your job is to find a way to get information about the girl. 
Me: I'm in Zurich...
Kris: I know that. Pabo. You know what to do.
Me: Orz. I was just humoring you. I know what I have to do.
Kris: Alright. Call me, Han or Xiu when you have something.
Me: 10/4

And he hung up without saying thank you.

Pshhhhh... 

Oldies indeed.

 



 

So, who's in trouble? Tao or Kyungie?

吴爱你,我爱你!

감사합니다 ♡JungYi♡