Touchdown: Paris

Two Melodies

 

 

Fast forward to November. The day when I..I mean, we...were supposed to fly to Paris came too fast. The past month came like a blur and it seemed like it was  only yesterday when Jungkook and I...well, you know. I remembered I had hid in the ladies' comfort room for a while when Iran inside the restaurant. I knew Luhan and Xiumin wouldn't be able to come inside and see my tomato-red face, so I bid my time. I had a ready excuse once I got out of the CR. I had told them that I couldn't control the call of nature while in the car with Jungkook, so I had to dash out and relieve myself right away. I had splashed cold water onto my face several times and checked my reflection in the mirror before I got out of the bathroom. The two accepted my excuse and went on their way in the restaurant. 

 

There wasn't much to do at the restaurant that time, since the soft opening, the place was only available for corporate reservations. Until the formal opening, we would only cater to corporate and private events. Kim Seokjin had to leave for California again to finish his university studies and the management of the restaurant was handled by Luhan and Xiumin for the meantime. Kris ge had gone to Phuket and back to Beijing the past month. He celebrated his birthday in Thailand at the resort. Papa had gone to Japan to check on Chanyeol and Chen before he went to California for Kyungie and Tao. Since papa didn't tell Chen and Chan he was going to Japan first before LA, the two sort of crammed into cleaning up their apartment. Papa didn't stay at their place of course, he rarely did, but he came to inspect everything. It wasn't like that in London, since we had a house. But everytime he visited Japan, California and France, he usually just stays at a hotel and checks up on the boys after. He usually had business to atttend to whenever he drops by each country. It was his way of observing and getting ideas for the resort development. He had told Kris ge to check travel reviews on countries with extraordinary hotel experiences. It was one way for him to enrich his knowledge on the interior design and architecture of the buildings on what works and what doesn't for the guests.

 

Anyway, our flight to Paris was scheduled three days before the actual Le Bal event. A day before the event, we were scheduled to do a photoshoot for a Parisian magazine that featured the event and the attendees. Papa had asked Luhan to book our flight. He also reminded Luhan to check on Baekhyun's schedule that week. baek had informed papa that he was in Marseilles for a school project and he would have the whole week free after. That meant he was going to be our tour guide/chaperone the whole trip. Great. The brother who wasn't in favor of Jungkook to be our tour guide and chaperone. Urgh.

 

Baekhyun was vocal about his dislike for Jungkook. Not that he hated him, but he just didn't like Jungkook to be my...husband. He was still hoping I would get together with Taeyong in the future and be happily married. Urgh.

 

I was sure that with him in betweenJungkook and me the whole trip, I wouldn't be able to get an honest answer out of Jungkook.

 

You see, after that kissing incident, I noticed he was being nice to me again. He would say "hi" to me in the school corridors. Whenever I saw him talking to Halla, and he saw me, he would acknowledge my presence and excuse himself from her, then jog up to me. It was weird. He was suddenly nice again. But I didn't complain. I liked it better than the Jungkook who didn't talk to me when he was mad. I tried testing his nice-ness once. I purposely sat beside Yibo during lunch time and made sure that Jungkook was in the vicinity. I pretended to be flirty with Yibo, joking with him and saying nonsense stuff about the subject we were classmates in. Meh... Jungkook flipped. Again. I had seen him glare at Yibo before he disappeared. I didn't see him until after class. He was waiting outside the classroom and talking to a sophomore who had tried out for the skateboard team and didn't make it. When I got out of the classroom, he followed me. I asked why he was following me and he just told me that he was supposed to drive me home that day. Back in his car, his mood lightened. He was nice again. But only after I deliberately told him that I didn't find Yibo as boyfriend material. I chuckled to myself when I saw him smirk after.Papa was in California, Mama was still in London, so Lu ge drove me to the airport. I would just meet Jungkook there. His appa was in California as well, so J was the one who drove him to the airport. His eomma had work and wouldn't be able to chaperone at the Le Bal event with his appa.

 


 

At the airport, Luhan and I waited for Jungkook and J at one of the cafes. The two arrived a short while later. We greeted them and Luhan checked his watch and the airport digital clock nearby. We had approximately an hour before our flight. J had to hurry back to the city because he had classes, he thumped Jungkook's back and told him not to forget to buy what was on his list. He also told his brother to "behave" and grinned at me. I made a face at J and waved goodbye to him. Luhan told us to check our luggage in and just proceed to the waiting area so as not to miss our flight. He gestured to Jungkook and talked to him privately before we proceeded to check in. I raised my eyebrows as the two talked.

 

Whatever.

 

I slumped on the bench waiting for them. I checked my phone and absentmindedly scrolled through apps and photos. I made faces when I got to the goofy pics that I and my friends took at school. I jumped up when I heard a whisper in my ear, "Let's go."

 

It was Jungkook. I slapped his arm. He just laughed. Luhan looked as if he was about to get in between us, but he just sighed. He reminded me the important details of what to expect as soon as we touched down Paris. I nodded in acknowledgement. Actually, I only heard half of what he said because at the back of my mind, I could hear Baekhyun's authoritative voice giving out instructions for me to keep to his right and for Jungkook to keep to his left.

 


 

So, Jungkook and I found our seats and settled in. I got the window seat and I was happy about that. I took out my phone and set it to fllight mode after sending messages to the people left in Beijing to wish us a safe flight. I plugged in my earphones and selected my flight playlist. Jungkook did the same. I watched him from my peripheral. He had also put on sunglasses and leaned back. I saw his mouth formed a smile. I think he saw me watching him from the corner of my eye. He chuckled. I knew he did because I haven't turned the volume up on my music. He reached for my right earphone and took it off.

 

Him: If you need anything, just tap my arm. I'm gonna sleep. It's gonna be a long flight.

Me: Uh...okay.

 

I tried to take the earphone from him, but he insisted on putting it back in my ear himself. I huffed. He smiled. All the while, he was wearing his sunglasses. Then he leaned back on his seat and drifted off to sleep. I turned the volume a little up on my music and watched him sleep.

 

Yeah. I felt like a stalker. But not really. I just marveled at his face while he slept. I was just glad he was nice to me again.

 

I fell asleep a little while later. I only woke up when I felt a gentle tap on my shoulder. Complimentary meals were served.

 

Him: I think you should eat. We still have a few more hours before we touch down.

Me: Yup. I'm starving, actually.

Him: So, are you excited?

Me: Of course.

Him: Me too.

Me: Hmm..

Him: The international business world will officially know you.

Me: They will know you, too. 

Him: Hmm, yeah.

Me: Do you like it?

Him: Like what?

Me: Being known in the international business scene.

Him: Not really. But it has its advantages.

Me: Yeah, you're right. Do you think our hotel is complimentary too?

Him: I think so. I didn't hear appa say we had to pay for it.

Me: I forgot to ask papa, too.

Him: We're lucky. The hotel we're being biletted in is near the Eiffel Tower.

Me: Shangri-La!

Him: Yesseu.

Me: You should probably start talking in French.

Him: I don't know how to.

Me: Hahahah. Me, neither.

Him: But your Baekhyun oppa can speak French now, right?

Me: Yes.

 

The mention of my brother suddenly made my insides churn. In a few hours, I would see him and he would literally come in between me and Jungkook. Urgh. My face probably showed the dismay because Jungkook stared at me.

 

Him: You okay?

Me: Y-yes.

Him: You sure? You look...

Me: I just remembered something.

Him: What? It must be bad...you look..sad.

Me: Well, kinda.

Him: Care to share?

Me: Ahh...I can't.

Him: Oh..okay.

 

And he didn't push it. We ate in silence after that. I had to excuse myself and pass by him to get to the ladies' room, brush my teeth and freshen up. When I came back, he asked me to mind his stuff since he'd be going to the men's room himself. He stood up and went to the men's room. I was sleepy, so I took his phone and placed it in my bag. It felt cold and I craned my neck to look for a flight attendant, but I couldn't see one. I grabbed Jungkook's jacket and draped it around me. I drifted to sleep.

 

I think I slept for a while, because when I woke up, it was only an hour more before we reach Paris. I was still snuggled in Jungkook's jacket and I yawned. I turned to look at him. He was watching an in-flight movie. He noticed me squirm and he turned to look at me.

 

Him: Oh, you're awake. Good morning.

Me: What?

Him: We're gonna touch down soon. You better take your coat out, it's cold in Paris.

Me: Oh. Right. This is yours.


 


 

Touchdown Paris!

 

Both our luggages accounted for, Jungkook and I proceeded to the lobby. Baekhyun would be waiting for us there somewhere. We didn't see him, so we decided to grab some coffee while we wait. Jungkook pushed the luggage trolley and I followed him. 

 

We both had mocha frappes. I took out my phone and enabled my roaming service. I checked in online and as soon as my phone connected to the wi-fi, online messages came in. I could hear Jungkook's phone beeping with messages as well.

 

I checked my messages from Baekhyun first. I almost dropped my phone when I read his message. It was obviously sent to all of us in a group chat.

 

"GUYS! I'M IN ZURICH! DO NOT TELL PAPA! I DON'T KNOW HOW I GOT HERE. HELPPPPP!!!"

 

Jungkook: Did you just read the same message that I read?

Me: I don't know, maybe?

Both of us: Baekhyun is in Zurich?

Jungkook: Good.

 



 

I don't know about you, but I'm actually glad that Baekhyun is in Zurich. LOL. Can you guess how he got there?

吴爱你,我爱你!

감사합니다 ♡JungYi♡