Paris: Day 2

Two Melodies

 

 

 

Taeyong invited us for a tour the next day, but I remembered that I already  made plans with Jungkook and I didn't wanna suggest for me and him to join Taeyong's tour. What if Dimwit was gonna be there? I probably would push him off the neares cliff in case we get to one. Anyway, I politely declined and Taeyong was cool with it. Dimwit looked annoyed. I shot him an evil stare and didn't look away when he stared back.

Back in our room, after dinner, Jungkook asked me if I was okay. He noticed my uneasiness earlier. Dimwit had been staring at me the whole time until Jungkook and I disappeared at the corner going to the elevators.

I had sat down on the armchair by the window and looked out. I let myself watch the nightlights illuminating the Eiffel Tower. Jungkook sat down on the other chair. He reached out a hand. He was holding a box of chocolate Kisses. I picked one and unwrapped it. I popped it in my mouth and felt better. Jungkook was already chewing on his second chocolate and watching the lights on the tower, too.

Me: Thanks.
Him: You're welcome.
Me: Where'd you get this, anyway?
Him: The fridge is full of them.
Me: Ahhh...
Him: Do you want something else?
Me: No, I'm fine with this.

I got another one and busied myself with appreciating the tower.

Him: It's beautiful.
Me: Yeah.
Him: Let's go there tomorrow.
Me: Why not right now?
Him: It's late and...do you wanna go now?
Me: My feet are tired.
Him: Tomorrow, then.
Me: But it would be really nice if we can take a picture of it with the nightlights.
Him: So, you wanna go now?
Me: Can we?
Him: Of course. Let me just change clothes.
Me: I'm tired. Hahaha. Let's just go tomorrow.
Him: Hmm, okay.

He got up and took out his phone. He then held my wrist and pulled me up. 

Him: Let's just take a selfie from this window.
Me: Hahaha! Good idea.
Him: I know right.

So yeah, we took a selfie by the window. The first selfie we took together. He sent a copy to my phone. He chuckled when he said he was tempted to post it on his social media accounts. I knew all hell would break lose if my brothers saw it. Not because we took a selfie together, but because they would automatically notice we are in the same room, bedroom, together. Imagine everyone from my family booking a flight to Paris right away.

Not gonna happen.

 



I had a dreamless sleep. But it was good, though. No nightmares. I stretched my arms to the side and up. I could see the sun peeking from the drapes on the windows. I quickly glanced at the other bed. I saw his feet sticking out of the blanket and the rest of him covered up. He suddenly stirred and his face peeked out from the blanket. He smiled.

I blushed.

I sank back inside the blanket.

I heard him chuckle and greeted me a good morning. I just grunted and waited until I was sure the blush on my cheek has gone before I resurfaced from the blanket. 

Him: Hi.
Me: Hi.
Him: Had a good dream?
Me: Nope. No dream.
Him: I had a good dream.
Me: What's your dream?
Him: I think I'm still dreaming.

Okay.

I made a face at him. He grinned at me.

I got up from bed and made my way to the bathroom. I doubled back to get my bathroom stuff then hurried to take a bath.

I was surprised when I got out of the bathroom. There was a large vase of flowers on top of the dresser. Jungkook was nowhere to be found though. I walked towards the dresser and admired the flowers. There was a card beside the vase. I took it and read the note.

 

"I figured you love flowers, so I took the liberty ordering some every morning for you. I hope you like them. JK"

 

There was another scribble at the back of the note.

 

"I'm just gonna pick up a package from the front desk. Appa sent something."

 

So that's where he disappeared to. I smiled as I smelled the flowers. Thoughtful. I got the giggles and I faced the mirror. It made me smile a bit wider, seeing my reflection and the flowers. I pocketed the note and went to brush my hair. The door opened and in came Jungkook with a medium-sized package and a thick envelope. He stood behind me and grinned.

Him: I see you found the flowers.
Me: It's not hard to miss. They're not that small.
Him: You like them?
Me: Hmm...ne, I do. Thank you.
Him: Glad you like them.
Me: This is really nice of you.
Him: I'm nice.
Me: Not always.
Him: Ah...aniyo. I'm always nice.
Me: There are times when you are not nice. But this makes up for those times.
Him: I should give you flowers often then.
Me: Should I expect it from now?
Him: I...sometimes I get lazy to do things, you know.
Me: Ahahah! Okay. I hope you don't get lazy, though. 
Him: I'll try. 

He then walked over to the window and sat on the armchair. He placed the package on the coffee table and started unwrapping it. I stood up from the dresser and walked over to him. I was curious what was in the package. I sat down on the other chair.

Inside the box was a note and dress shoes. Must be for the ball. Jungkook read the note. I picked up one of the shoes and grinned. Shiny black dress shoes. He glanced at me and snorted. He replaced the note inside the box and took out the other shoe.

Him: I forgot to bring dress shoes for the ball. I placed an order online yesterday, same time I placed the order for the flowers. I planned to buy shoes today if this haven't been delivered, but since this came, I'm just gonna enjoy.
Me: You could go to the ball barefoot, you know.
Him: Tchh. And have the guards me out.
Me: I don't think so. They'd be busy looking at me to notice you are not wearing any shoes.
Him: Xiao Yi...Don't joke like that.

First time he called my name since we arrived in Paris.

I looked outside the window to control myself from squealing.

I gave him back the shoe I was holding and he replaced it back in the box. He sorted the contents of the envelope his appa sent and smiled.

Him: Breakfast? My treat. 
Me: Hmmm..Out?
Him: Sure. 

Then he got up and went to the bathroom.

 


 

It was a cold November morning. But it wasn't cold enough to freeze my warm heart. I was going to have breakfast with Jungkook. He reminded me to dress warmly, so I did. We asked the front desk staff for the best breakfast places nearby. They gave us several choices and decided to go to Nolita. It had a view of the Eiffel tower, so we chose that. A complimentary service car was assigned to us and had the driver bring us there.

The place was swanky. Kinda expensive looking. I hesitated at first, but Jungkook seemed not to mind, so I followed him inside. Soft, classical French music was playing in the background. 

I had a bit of fun picking food from the buffet. I remembered eating some of them in London, at a French restaurant, when Luhan treated us one time. I chose to sit at a spot outside, to get a better view of the Eiffel tower.

As a first-timer, I took a photo of my food. I saw Jungkook did the same.

We ate in silence, savoring the taste of our French breakfast.

Jungkook's phone suddenly beeped. It was on the table. A video call was coming in from Jimin. Jungkook swiped the screen to answer it. Jimin's smiling face swam into view. I knew he could see me because I peeked at the screen first.

JK: Hyung. *chews on food like a bunny*
Jimin: Dongsaeng-ya! Guess who came to visit?
JK: Nugu?
Jimin: Hi, Xiao Yi!

I waved my hand in front of the screen and I heard him laugh.

Jimin: I can't see you, Xiao Yi.

I waved my hand again. Jungkook stood up from his seat and sat down on the one beside me. Jimin snorted and waved at me, as soon as he saw me beside his brother.

Me: Now, you see me.
Jimin: Ne. Can you both guess who came to visit?
JK: Aniyo. I'm lazy to guess.

Then Jimin turned his head to one side and I saw him grab someone's wrist. Then a grinning face appeared on the screen beside Jimin. It was Taehyung.

Taehyung: Hello. I was supposed to visit you in Paris, Xiao Yi. But...
Me: But?
Taehyung: Appa had a job for Yoongi hyung, and he said we could go first class on the plane.
Me: Ouch. You exchanged me for a first class ticket?
Taehyung: *peace sign* Mianhae, mianhae, mianhae.
JK: How's first class like?
Taehyung: Really cool. I slept well. I ate well.
Jimin: He couldn't stop talking about it since he arrived.
Me: Does he even stop talking?
Taehyung: Ahh, Xiao Yi. That's...kinda true. Hehehehe.

Then two tiny arms went around Taehyung's neck from the back. Aein's face appeared and Taehyung pulled her to his front and pointed at the screen. He backhugged his little sister and introduced us.

Taehyung: Aegi-ya, she is Wu Yinzi, my friend. You already know Jungkookie, right?
Aein: Aein saw her, oppa. In Beijing.
Taehyung: Ah, jinjja?
Aein: She is Kookie oppa's yeoja chingu, ne? Ne?

Jungkook snorted and chuckled. Taehyung grinned and huggled his sister. Jimin's eyes were teasing. I had my mouth open for a few seconds.

Taehyung: Why don't you ask Kookie oppa, then?
Aein: Kookie oppa! O-oppa! You...uhm..her...yeoja chingu...ne? Yin-ji eonni-ya...ne?
Jungkook: Give me 72 hours to answer your question, Aein. *snorts*
Aein: Seven..two..mwoya? Ige mwoya?
Jungkook: Hahahaha. Tae-hyung, what are you teachin your sister?
Jimin: Aish. Why can't you two just admit it? C'mon.
Jungkook: Admit what?
Aein: Yeoja chingu! Yin-ji! Oppa, ne?
Me: He's a...special friend.
Aein: Hmm?
Jimin: How special?
Taehyung: Like me? Or like...
Aein: Yeoja chingu!

Taehyung clamped his sister's mouth and she wriggled free of him and ran off. I heard Yoongi's voice shouting after Aein. "YAH! YAH! Eodi ganeungeoya? Aein!" 

Taehyung excused himself, laughing. I pictured him running after his sister, too.

Jimin and his eyesmile kept teasing us. Jungkook was starting to get annoyed and asked what else his hyung wanted from him.

Jimin: I just wanted to know how you two were doing. Anyway, Taehyung and his family are staying here. They just arrived earlier this morning. His appa is doing business with us, exporting white wine to Korea. Appa won't be there today, but his flight to Paris will be tonight, so expect him tomorrow.
Jungkook: Ah, okay. Thanks hyung.
Jimin: Okay. Have a good breakfast, you too. I'm going back to sleep.
Jungkook/Me: Goodnight.
Jimin: Whoa...ohhh. Synchronized. Aheiii!

And he giggled, wiggling his point finger at us. Jungkook smirked and pressed the end call button and pocketed his phone.

Jungkook: Aish..
Me: *bites lip, fighting the urge to smile and blush*

Then Jungkook pluck a flower from the vase on the table. He smirked one more time before he handed the flower to me.

Him: For you. Special friend. *chuckles*
Me: *blush* 

BlUSH.

DIES.

Him: Are you okay?
Me: Uh-yes.
Him: Hmmm

 



We were about to go strolling around the Eiffel tower area when my phone rang. It was from an unregistered number. Possibly foreign. When I answered the call, I learned it was the Les Bal event staff. Schedule changed. Magazine photoshoot was rescheduled this morning, and the interview this afternoon. There was also the final gown fitting after. The next day's schedule would consist of the tour, sponsored by the French consulate, and the formal photoshoot right before the ball in the evening.

Jungkook's face fell and sighed. I actually did the same.

The service car brought us back to the hotel. There was a shuttle bus that would bring us to the photoshoot and interview location. I had to change my clothes into casual ones, and brought another set, just in case. Jungkook offered to bring my bag. He had his backpack with him and carried the bag where my change of clothes were.

Arriving at the photoshoot location, I noticed there were only three asian girls among the debutants. I was one of them. I was herded to a tent where two assistants were assigned to me. One picked the clothes I would wear, and one started doing my hair. Jungkook was herded to another tent. I only saw Taeyong's back as he was herded to their tent.

During the shoot, I learned that the other two Asians were from Thailand and HongKong. I was fortunate to know that it was their first time attending an event like this, as well. That meant I wasn't the only noob at social gatherings like this. 

Solo shots were done, group shots next.

Then change clothes.

I was wearing Jungkook's puppy necklace and I had to remove it for the next group of shots. Because I was in a hurry, I placed it inside the pocket of my jeans that was hanging next to my bag.

Solo and group shots done, I breathed a sigh of relief and went to change back to my own clothes. It was lunch time and that afternoon, it was the interview thing.

I reached inside my jeans pocket for the necklace, but it wasn't there. My heart thumped loudly. I around the floor, but there was nothing there, except a few strands of thread that the assistants cut off as they made quick alterations to the clothes.

I was on the verge of crying.

I frantically asked everyone around if they saw my necklace, describing it in detail as I possibly could. But no one saw it. I paced back and forth inside the tent. One of the staff called to tell me that I needed to pack my stuff in ten minutes because lunch would be at Le Grand Véfour. I told her I only needed one more thing.

Jungkook peeked at the tent entrance. I suddenly felt guilty.

Him: Xiao Yi? Lunch. Let's go.
Me: Just a few minutes. I just need to check something.
Him: The bus will leave any minute now...
Me: Just one minute.
Him: Okay. 

And he stood outside the tent, waiting for me. I checked under the chairs and tables again, but didn't see my necklace. I slowly walked out the tent. Jungkook placed an arm around my shoulder and patted me.

Him: You okay?
Me: N-ne.
Him: You look..sick..or sad.
Me: Maybe I'm just hungry. Yeah.
Him: Aish. We're going to have lunch in a bit. I think I heard the staff said the interview will be held there, as well.
Me: Like an informal interview?
Him: I think so. I don't know. The cavaliers are not going to be interviewed much, though. Spotlight is for the ladies.

And he laughed. I forced myself to laugh. But at the back of my head, I worried about my necklace. How should I tell him that I lost the necklace he gave me. The thought only made me sulk. I tried to clear my head of the thought, but everytime I see him, I was reminded of my klutziness.

 



Lunch and interview went smoothly, except for my frequent worry about my necklace. I forced myself to smile and be bubbly as I answered the interview question, and I think I pulled it off. But my heart was thumping loudly whenever I stole a glance at Jungkook.

After the schedule, we were brought back to the hotel. We had an hour of rest before the final fitting of our gowns. Jungkook had the rest of the afternoon to himself. He decided to spend it at the pool while he waited for me for dinner.

Final fitting done, and I was exhausted. I went back up the hotel room and saw Jungkook watching TV while curled up in bed. I was on the verge of crying again when I saw him. I ran to the bathroom and locked the door. I let my worries wash over me and let the tears flow. I felt so guilty. I wanted to tell him, but I couldn't.

Knock, knock.

.

I quickly wiped my tears and looked at my reflection in the mirror. I looked fine. I slowly opened the door.

Jungkook: You're not okay.
Me: I'm okay. Just tired.
Jungkook: No. I don't think you're okay.

I did the one thing I didn't expect myself to do. I buried my face in his chest and mumbled, sobbing.

"I'm sorry...mianhaeyo."

Him: What? Sorry? For what?
Me: I lost...the...n-necklace..y-you gave m-me."
Him: *sighs*

I felt his arms around me. Then I heard him chuckle. I stopped sobbing. I looked up at him, and he looked smug, smiling mischievously. 

Me: What? Why are you-?
Him: Nothing...
Me: Aish.

I started pushing him away. He let go, but he held my hand. He reached his other hand in his pocket and when he took it out, he dropped something into my palm.

The necklace.

I felt suddenly relieved. And stupid.

How-?

As if he read my mind, he explained.

"You dropped it when you tried to place it in your jeans pocket without looking properly, then you ran off. No one was looking, so I went inside the tent and picked it up. I was just waiting for you to tell me if you noticed you lost it...Pabo."

I glared at him.

"But, I like this pabo. So much."

He cupped my cheeks and kissed my forehead.


불타오르네!!!

 



 

FIRE is just too much. And JungYi is on fire, too. >_<

Save Me!

吴爱你,我爱你!

감사합니다 ♡JungYi♡