JungYi vs. JaeZun

Two Melodies

 

 

A knock on the door woke me up from my reverie. It was Jungkook who went to open the door. An attendant brought back my things from the dressing room. I went to thank him. Jungkook had his stuff sent up by another attendant. I sorted out my thins and started packing them neatly in my suitcase. I was still wearing my gown, but barefoot. I heard Jungkook chuckle as I patted my stuff flat in the suitcase.

Him: Are you sleeping in that?
Me: Huh?
Him: Wearing that gown?
Me: Oh...oh...Heheh. No, of course not. I'll be changing into more comfortable ones.
Him: Do you need my help ping your dress?
Me: No! I mean...I...Uhm, no thanks.
Him: Hmm-kay.

I shot him an evil glare.

Me: Just because you're my boyfriend now doesn't mean you are allowed to...

Awkward.

He just grinned at me, took off his tux jacket and started ing his shirt. I squealed when he teasingly started to unbuckle his belt with his shirt ed, showing his bare chest.

He snorted.

Him: Go lock yourself in the bathroom and don't go out until you are dressed comfortably. I'll get changed in here. No peeking. Hahaha!

I made a face at him, but took my stuff and got up. I ran to the bathroom and locked myself inside. My heart was beating fast.

Just half an hour ago, we officially labeled our relationship. But right now, I was suddenly feeling weird. Alone in the same room with him, seeing him tease me while undressing.

Ugh!

I hate you Jungkook!

I mean...I hate you for making me feel this way!

Ugh!

I faced myself in the mirror. I still had full makeup on. I made faces at myself as I wiped the makeup off. I slowly pulled out the bobby pins from my hair after that.

"Stupid rabbit. Stupid puppy. Stupid pglet. Stupid Kookie... No. Stupid Xiao Yi. Pabo. Yeah. Really pabo. I am pabo. Not him. He's too precious to be pabo. Aish. Tch. Pabo Xiao Yi. Shut up Xiao Yi. He will hear you. I said shut up. He will wonder what you're up to. What are you up to anyway? Aren't you just happy you are together now? Yeah, I am. Why are you talking to yourself? Why? Why are you asking me? I don't know. Oh my god. He is outside. I have a boyfriend now. OMGGGG! What should I do? Ahhhhh! Lu ge....Kris ge.... Xiumin ge... Mianhae. Aishhhhhh.... Ahhhhh... Xiao Yi. Calm down. You know papa is okay with your relationship with Jungkook, right? He even arranged for the both of you to get married, right? Oh, I don't know. This is different. Marriage arrangement doesn't mean dating everyday. But having a boyfriend? I don't know. OMG please help me. Yue. Ling Yan. Shanna. Help? I mean, Yue. You're the one who first got a boyfriend. What did you do? Ahhhh...Shhhhh..."

I had that monologue as I removed all bobby pins and brushed my hair. I stood in front of the mirror and sighed before I reached behind me to my dress.

Uh-oh.

I couldn't reach the zipper. 

I kind of panicked, thinking I had to open the bathroom door and ask for Jungkook's help.

I shook my head frantically and paced around the bathroom, thinking of another way to reach the zipper behind me. Then I remembered the mirror. I could use the handle of a toothbrush to reach the zipper while I check the reflection from the mirror.

To make a long story short, I was able to successfully my dress and slip into something more comfortable. I carefully placed the dress inside the garment bag and hung it behind the bathroom door.

I unlocked the bathroom door and tiptoed on the way out. I peeked from the corner of the bathroom door to check on Jungkook. I saw him already perched on his bed and running his hands through his hair while humming a song.

I pretended to ignore him. I walked towards the dresser and placed the jewelry that I took off on top of it.

I was about to walk to my bed when he called me and patted the space beside him on the bed. He wanted me to sit beside him. 

Sure.

I went to sit beside him. He immediately rested his head on my shoulder. I froze. Then I patted his cheek. He mumbled something. He took my hand and laced his fingers with mine.

Him: I'm sleepy, but I don't want tonight to end without sitting beside you and holding your hand.
Me: Well, you're doing just that right now.
Him: Yeah. I hope you don't disagree.
Me: Why would I disagree?
Him: Ah, yeah. You can't.

I snorted. He snorted. We both laughed.

Me: Do we tell papa and your appa?
Him: Do you want to?
Me: I don't know. Maybe we should. To show respect.
Him: They didn't even respect our choices, arranging something without consulting us first.
Me: So, you're against our engagement?
Him: Nope.
Me: Then?
Him: Let's just tell them at the engagement party.
Me: Okay. But I'll try hinting to papa about it.
Him: Okay, me too.

He played with my fingers and hummed another song. He sat up straight and sang Haruman. My heart beat faster, but I just smiled to myself. It was my turn to rest my head on his shoulder. I felt him chuckle and continue his song. His hands let go of mine and found its way to my cheeks. He started squishing my cheeks as he sang. I slapped his hands away, but he just laughed at me, still singing. I pushed him away, and he fell back on the bed, laughing.

Him: *snorts* Haruuuuuuman...can I squish your cheeks juseyo.
Me: Shireo.
Him: I'm gonna do it, do it, do it...
Me: I'm going to scream if you do it.
Him: Tch. Okay, I won't.

He sat up again and hugged me from behind.

I felt something...weird. And before I surrender to whatever it was, I stood up abruptly. He fell face forward on the bed. He propped himself up with his hands on his chin and looked at me questioningly.

Me: I...uh...let's sleep? We have to check out early tomorrow.
Him: Oh, yeah. Appa will pick me up at 9 in the morning.
Me: Me, too. I mean, papa and mama will pick me up same time.
Him: Go to sleep Wu Yinzi.

He rolled on the bed and slipped under his blanket. He had his eyes closed. I went to my bed and slipped comfortably under the covers. I faced him and saw that he had opened his eyes again. He was looking at me. He grinned. I smiled.

Him: Hi.
Me: Hi?
Him: My name's Kim Jungkook. And you are?
Me: Aish...
Him: My roommate is pretty. Too bad I don't know her name. *sighs*
Me: I'm Wu Yinzi.
Him: Oh. Neomu yeppeoya. Geuraeso areumdaun.
Me: Hahah. You are sleepy, go to sleep.
Him: Hmm?
Me: Goodnight Mr. Roommate.
Him: I have a question, Wu Yinzi.
Me: What is it?
Him: Can I get a goodnight kiss?

He was chuckling. I snorted and blew him a kiss. He caught it. He laughed.

Him: Thanks, Wu Yinzi.
Me: Now, sleep. I'm sleepy too.
Him: Saranghae.
Me: Ne.
Him: Tch.
Me: Nado.
Him: Tch.
Me: Saranghae.

I covered myself with the blanket, suddenly shy.

 


 

When papa and mama picked me up from the hotel, he said we'd go directly to the airport to see mama off to London. Then he'd stay for the afternoon and catch a flight to Zürich to check on Baekhyun in the evening. I would be under the care of the Kims. Kim Jaejoong had come to pick Jungkook up and spoke with papa for a bit before they left.

After we saw mama off at the airport, Papa and I had lunch together with Jungkook and his dad.

The two grownups talked business, while I and Jungkook had a silent conversation. Trying to be subtle about it, we ate our food in silence, but exchanged messages by phone. I had set my phone into silent mode.

Papa: Xiao Yi, why don't you talk to Jungkook instead of texting? 
Me: Uhm...okay, pa.
Papa: Tell whoever's texting you that you're busy. Put your phone away.
Me: Yes, papa.

I breathed a sigh of relief. I had thought that papa knew I was exchanging text messages with Jungkook instead of talking to him directly. But he only thought I was texting someone else.

Jungkook seemed to play along with papa. He pocketed his phone and wiggled his eyebrows at me. I snorted. Papa was busy talking to Mr. Kim, so he didn't notice. I made a face at Jungkook.

JK: So, Xiao Yi, how was your experience with the ball last night?
Me: You were there, too, weren't you? 
JK: Yes.
Me: Then, you would have known how was my night. You were my cavalier.
JK: Ah, yeah. But that aside, did you enjoy the experience?
Me: Of course. How about you?

We sounded robotic. Rehearsed. But the two men ignored us. I bet they thought we were genuinely talking about the ball. I caught Jungkook's mouth form into a side smile. Then he side-glanced at me. He knew how to make my heart race. I looked away, muttering subtle curses.

Papa suddenly addressed me, and I turned my head abruptly, meeting his eyes. I was caught off-guard, so my eyes were wide open.

Papa: Are you okay?
Me: Yes. Yes, I'm okay.
Papa: As I was saying, I have a flight to catch at 6PM later. Jaejoong here has made a reservation for you at the hotel where they're billeted.
Me: Okay.
Mr. Kim: I'll be leaving for California tomorrow morning, though. Jungkook will take care of you until you fly back to Beijing. I have an urgent meeting back at the vineyard. 
Papa: Jungkook.
JK: Yes, sir.
Papa: I'm entrusting Xiao Yi to you for the rest of the flight back home, please take good care of her.
JK: I will, sir.
Mr. Kim: You don't have to worry, Ah-Zun. He's more than capable to take care of your daughter. I've no problem with him carrying out tasks more than Hoseok.

Jungkook gave a low grunt. I watched him struggle not to laugh out loud. I  immediately imagined J rolling his eyes and breaking into a duck dance. I turned my head to the side to calm myself.

I cleared my throat at the same time that Jungkook did. The two men were oblivious. They carried on with their conversation.

Jungkook fished out his phone again and typed something. It meant he was sending me a message. I slowly took out my phone and checked my messages.

"We have one whole day to go out and spend together. How about going on a cruise by the River Seine?"

I bit my lip so my giggle won't be pronounced.

"Will you be using Jimin's card again?"
"No, this time it's Jin hyung's. Hahaha!"
"And you're going to pay him later, right?"
"Right. The cruise isn't cheap, so I needed some help with that."
"Okay."
"Is that all you will say?"
"What do you expect me to say?"
"You should say that I'm the sweetest guy you ever met. Hahah."
"I'm going to thank your Jin hyung for lending you the money."
"Ouch. Not gonna thank me for risking my life asking hyung for money?"
"What do you mean?"
"I had to promise Jin hyung I'd pay him as soon as I return to Beijing. Do you know how much money I have in my account?"
"I don't know."
"It's not even enough to pay off Jimin hyung. Hahaha! I know I'll be dead once Jin hyung knows I don't have money to pay him right away."
"He seems such a nice guy, though. If he isn't, he wouldn't lend you any."
"He's a thrift monster when it comes to money. Unless you pay him with your soul, he won't give in."

 

"Xiao Yi? I thought I told you to put away your phone and talk to Jungkook?"


I didn't finish what I was typing. My phone found itself at the bottom of my pocket and bowed my head low. I just heard Jungkook talk to papa, to my rescue.

JK: Uhm, sir. We were actually texting each other...uh...so as not to bother your conversation with appa...

I slowly raised my head and looked at him. He was smiling sheepishly at papa. Mr. Kim was sternly eyeing him.

As if to prove it, Jungkook showed his phone screen to papa. The last 4 messages on the screen were visible.

 

"You borrowed money from Jin and Jimin? What for?"


Mr. Kim sounded displeased.

I sank lower in my seat as Jungkook scratched his head, smiling self-consciously at his dad.

 



 

Double trouble.

JungYi trouble.

LOL.

吴爱你,我爱你!

감사합니다 ♡JungYi♡