Late Registration

Two Melodies

 

 

I woke up wondering where I was. I realized I was back in Beijing, in my room. I was home. Then I heard Sehun knocking on my door. I got up and opened the door. He told me to hurry up. Kai had gone to school early, because he received a call from a FISSkT member that the materials for the repair of the skating rink at school had arrived.

 

Kai was on his second term as team captain eversince Baekhyun graduated. Taehyung rejected the position last year because of his little sister, so Kai assumed the position.

 

I ate a hurried breakfast and took a bath. I was thankful that mama had gotten me a new school uniform since the last I had was a little short for me now. Mama had asked for my measurements last month and she had bought me new ones.

 

I checked my schoolbag for the things I needed and got down to follow Sehun to his car. 

 

Sehun turned out to be a smooth driver, despite the fact that he sometimes loved to play race-car driver. 

 

He dropped me off at the main campus and proceeded to the senior campus. I went straight to the school guidance counselor office. The counselor handed me a late registration slip and instructed me to go to the registrar's office and give them my slip so I'd be allowed to late-register. 

 

I walked all the way to the admin building. On my way to the registrar's office, I bumped into someone, so I apologized before proceeding to my destination. 

 

The registrar staff welcomed me back and let me plot my schedule from the remaining available subjects.

 

Back in Sedgehill, I had been able to take up some advanced subjects, so I got credited them. I was already allowed to enroll in other subjects that were open to seniors and advanced students.

 

I was reminded of Taeyong who had advanced subjects before. I finished my registration and waited for my class cards to be printed.

 

The registrar handed me my signed form, schedule and class cards. She also advised me to go to my next class, based on my schedule. I asked about my locker assignment. My previous locker was already occupied, so I was given a new one.  

 

I proceeded to my next class. 

 

*sighs*

 

That class started ten minutes ago, but I proceeded anyway.

 


 

 

Mixed class. Anthropology. Senior campus.

 

Yeah. As a junior, I already had subjects that were held in the senior campus. I had to walk across the street to get to the campus, since I didn't drive a car.

 

I had to familiarize myself to the campus again. It has been a while since I was there. 

 

I came in 20 minutes into the class. I handed my class slip to the teacher and found a seat. The teacher acknowledged me and informed the class that I was back from being an exchange student in London. 

 

I felt awkward and decided to sit somewhere at the back.

 

The class ended and I checked my schedule for the next class. I walked back to the main campus.

 

Lunchbreak. I walked to the cafeteria alone. But not for long. I saw my friends and went to sit with them. 

 

Lingyan was still talkative as ever. She bombarded me with questions as to why I didn't tell them I was returning soon. They expected me to come home a few days from now. Shanna became more talkative. Yue was missing Jimin. They have been dating for a year now and since Jimin was in California, they have a long distance relationship. Just like my Xiumin oppa and Sohee eonni.

 

I didn't have classes with any one of them because the schedule I got was not the same one they chose.

 

 We were eating lunch around a noisy bunch of people. I didn't see Kai and Sehun, because they probably were in the senior campus cafeteria. But then the noisy atmosphere became suddenly quiet for a few seconds. I immediately turned around to see why it became quiet. It felt like a deja vu. I expected to see my brothers to enter the cafeteria. But instead of seeing Kris, Luhan and Xiumin, I saw two unidentified guys enter and walked toward the food stalls and fell in line. 

 

Lingyan: Oh. They're the new school items.

Shanna: Sehun is still the number one most eligible...

Yue: Wang Yibo and Cho Sungyeon. Cousins. Seniors.

Lingyan: Ohhhh yeah. Their mom's are like sisters. Wang Yibo's dad works for Soo Kui and Associates now. 

Shanna: Well, Sungyeon's dad works for Soo Kui too.

 

 Yue snorted after that. All of us looked at her, unable to believe she just snorted. 

 

Yue: What?

Lingyan: That's sooooo not you.

Me: Yeah. You are starting to be like me. 

Shanna: Jimin made her like that.

Yue: I'm not doing anything wrong.

Lingyan: Why'd you snort at Sungyeon, anyway?

Yue: He's kinda weird.

Shanna: Reminds me of Taehyung, to be honest.

Me: Really?

Lingyan: Do not even think about taking to them, though.

 

I turned to look at the two guys. I recognized Yibo from my anthropology class. Shanna tugged at my arm and glared at me.

 

Me: What...why?

Shanna: He's a playboy.

Me: Huh?

Lingyan: He's too close with a lot of girls, you should know.

Shanna: And...I've seen him go on a date with at least five girls now. 

Me: How long have they been here? 

Yue: Just last year. Anyway, have you talked to Jungkook already?

Me: Uhm, we just texted yesterday when I arrived. But, we haven't talked after that.

 

They just nodded and didn't ask again. I felt like they knew something about Jungkook, and I remembered he had wanted to tell me something today. I felt a flush on my face, so I averted my gaze back to the two guys who were now sitting three tables away.

 

My eyes met Yibo's and he stared for a few seconds before he smiled. It looked genuine, but I faked a smile. I felt bad, though. Sungyeon looked in my direction, too, and smiled as he waved at me.

 

Lingyan: Xiao Yi!!!

Me: Okayyyy...

 

Lunchbreak ended and I went to my next class. Lingyan had me promise that I won't talk to Yibo or Sungyeon. I just nodded. I didn't really think the two guys were that bad. My friends were just Jungkook-biased and I knew that they only wanted him for me.

 

Anyway, classes ended and I walked to the parking lot. I suddenly remembered that Sehun and K ai were at the senior campus. I had forgotten to ask Sehun about the end of classes arrangement. I called Sehun and he told me to wait in the library. Sehun still had a class and the skateboard team will have a short meeting for the upcoming tryouts after his class.

 

I walked back from the parking lot and proceed to the library.

 

I passed by the school garden and walked through the path that looked like it had an archway. Magnolia trees lined up on either side of the path and ahead, there were stone steps going down to the walkway that led to the library. 

 

Students were sitting on the stone steps and some were on benches along the path, under the magnolia trees.

 

I walked slowly and spotted a familiar face sitting on one of the benches. A few people walked past me as I unconsciously stopped in my tracks. They went to approach the familiar face and sat beside him.

 

Yes. It was Jungkook. He looked shocked to see me, but suddenly grinned.

 

"Wu Yinzi..."

 



 

First chapter is up! JungYi met face to face again.

Tell me what you think about this chapter. ^^ 감사합니다 ♡JungYi♡

#INEEDU #방탄소년단 ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Let's help BTS win. ^^