Why?

He's My One of a Kind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You breathe heavily as your run through the hallways of the hospital. You just came out of the elevator and is currently running around the 3rd floor of the hospital; trying to find room 325A. You spot two familiar figures leaning their backs against the wall. You slower your pace and call them out, "Appa! Unnie!" The two lift their sad faces, only to see you running towards them. You give them a hug and with a worried tone, ypu decide to ask them a question, "What happened? Are you guys okay?" Hyemi breaks the hug and gives her father a glance, before facing you and answering your question. "W-well..U-umma is s-sick.." You stare at her confused and worried, "S-sick?" She nods her head, "Yes..but it's not a simple type of sick. She's sick as in...she has cancer."

You widen your eyes in shock, "C-cancer..?" She places her arms across her chest and nods her head again, "The doctor informed us a while before you came..he informed us that it isn't necassarily cancer and that deadly and bad, but they don't know if it's cureable." You stutter as you hear her words, "W-what do you mean?" She sighs and with a cracked voice she replies, "Her sickness is rare..they don't know much information about it, but they told us there's no chance of death due to her sickness...but w-what worries m-me is..what if death does approach her because of her sickness? Like what if-" You cut her off and quickly give her a comforting hug, "Shh, don't think like that Unnie! Nothing bad will happen to Umma. Nothing." You say with a shaking voice as you shakingly try to comfort her. You're worried. You're damn worried. You take a glance at Appa, seeing him sitting down with his head low, face covered with his palms. You sadden to see them in this type of situation. You release the hug of Hyemi and decide to also give Appa a comforting hug, "It's okay appa. It's okay..everything will be okay. I promise you." "Thank you for being here Ahna," he replies with a small weak smile.

You release the hug when the doctors suddenly appears, "How is he Doctor?" Hyemi asks. "Luckily, she''s doing fine as of now. We just need to let her rest. Our nurses will check on her frequently, just like what you've requested Hyung." "Thank you dongsaeng." Appa thanks his friend with a small smile. "Well, you guys can enter the room now. She's sleeping as of now. Call me when you need anything." The doctor bows to the three of you before leaving. You were about to enter until Hyemi calls you out, "Ahna.." You turn your head back, "Hmm?" "Follow mw me..I want to talk to you." "Sure," you walk towards her, "What's it about?" "You should know what I mean," You tilt your head, confused, "Huh?" She sighs, "About you and Baekhyun."

Upon hearing that, you make an 'o' with your mouth. "How'd you find out..?" "The boys. Umma and Appa also know. Kyungsoo told me more about what happened though, but I want to hear the words from you." You sigh, "I'm sorry Unnie if I wasn't good enough for Baekhyun.." you say with your head low. "Don't even say that. You're not at fault. Baekhyun is." You can hear anger in her voice, causing you to be worried. "Unnie, are you okay? W-we should talk about this some other time. I don't want you to stress out too much, especially since you just came back from a long business trip with Umma and Appa." She rubs her temples, "You're right..." You pat her shoulder, "I have one more question for you though," You look at her, "What is it?" With a small smile and with a sound of hope she asks, "Do you still love Baekhyun?"

Do you still love Baekhyun?

Do I still love him?

Do I..?

"I don't know.." 

"Are you sure about that?" Hyemi asks. You shake your head, "It's been 9 months since he's been gone. I don't know of he's moved on and found someone better. I'll tell you the truth Unnie...I never loved before until Baekhyun and I were married. Baekhyun was my...first love..and also my last." You take a long breathe before continuing, "I decided not to love anyone else after the incident. My feelings for Baekhyun are probably gone, but maybe a little, just a little bit of my love for him is left, but I decided that it's better if I just continue to stay independent, but I have no thoughts of divorcing him...unless if he wants to." You say in all honesty. "What makes you think he wants a divorce?" That sudden question brings you to your thoughts, "I don't know..well, he and I never had any type of contact afterwards. He probably doesn't want anything to deal with me." The two of you stay quiet, "Let's go inside Unnie. Appa is probably wondering where we are." "You're right..let's go.."

The two of you enter the room and take a seat near Appa whose looking down at his wife. Looking at the view infront of you saddens you. They're usually the energetic, laughing all the time, care

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter