Back To Work

He's My One of a Kind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Welcome back Ahna!" Hana greets you with a hug. "Thanks Hana. It's great to be back!" you say with a smile. "Morning Ahna-sshi." the workers greet you with a bow. "No need to bow guys," you chuckle. "Good morning though guys. Let's head off to work." You all prepare the tables and chairs and make sure everything is clean and organized. "So how's life as a married woman dear dongsaeng?" Hana asks. You snort hearing her question. "Wae?" Hana asks, confused as to why you're snorting. " Nothing. It's been alright so far." "Just alright?" "Yeah." "You serious?" she asks in disbelief. "Yes." you say with a small laugh. "You're one weird dongsaeng." "Yah, no I'm not," you say with a chuckle, but Hana replies with sticking her tongue out.

"So, how was it like to take control of the restaurant?" you ask. "Challenging, but a good experience." You nod, "That's good." You two then focus back on setting up the restaurant, You suddenly spot one of your employees falling asleep, "Chaewon-ah!" Surprised from her name getting called. she gets back to her senses and wakes up. "N-ne Mrs.Byun?" she stutters as she stands in front of you. "Are you okay?" you ask worriedly, "A-ah n-ne," Chaewon replies. You can sense that she's not telling the truth. You sigh, "Say the truth Unnie." Chaewon lets out a sigh, "My child is at the hospital..I didn't get to sleep at all last night because I had to take care of her, afraid something bad might happen." she said with her head low, her voice almost sounding like she's about to cry.. You soften, "Whose taking care of her right now?" "Her grandma.." You sigh, "Follow me." You walk to your office while Chaewon follows you from behind. "What are we doing here Mrs. By-" but you cut her off by handing her some money. "Take it." "B-but w-why?" she asks hesistantly. You smile in response. "Just take it Unnie. The money can help.  I'll give you a one week break so you can be with your daughter. Your daughter needs you right now." You motion your hand for her to take the money in which she does. She then gives you a tight hug, "Thank you thank you!" You smile and pat her back. "You're welcome. Go now Unnie. Hope you and your daughter take care. See you next week alright?" You two break the hug and she gives you a bow. "Thank you so much Ahna-ssi." You return her a smile.

You two exit your office and head off to the kitchen. You help the employees out while Chaewon grabs her stuff and exits the back door, but gives you a goodbye wave while you return a smile, "What happened Ahna?" Hana asks. "I gave Chaewon the chance to have a one week break. She said her daughter is in the hospital. Chaewon didn't look stable enough to work, so I gave her a break and plus...her daughter needs her right now." you say while wiping the kitchen's counter. "Wow. You sure are one angel Ahna. You're literally the youngest between all of us in this restaurant, but yet, you act like the oldest and maturest." she says as she pats your shoulder. You chuckle, "Thanks."

"Doors are now open Ahna-ssi!" you hear someone shout from the entrance door. You face your employees. "Alright guys, it's another day of work. Lets work hard and make the best of what we can today!" "Ne!" You then all head off to your assigned work. You walk to your office and take a seat on your chair. I should surprise Baekhyun by bringing him some lunch. You check your watch and find that it's only 8:30 in the morning. There's probably already people eating breakfast outside. You didn't get to eat breakfast with Baekhyun today because you had to leave early, but you did leave a plate of breakfast for him. I wonder if he ate the food I made for him... You head back outside and find already a handful of customers. You enter the kitchen and help cook the orders. 

"Chung-ho, take this order please." "Ne Mrs.Byun." "You and your workers have been working for already 4 hours, meaning it's already 12:30 in the afternoon. "Alright, break to those specific people. To the rest, keep working please." you say. You head off to make your surprise lunch for Baekhyun. You decide to pack some ddeokbokii, korean fried chicken, white rice, and some kimchi for Baekhyun while you packed yourself your own bowl of ddeokbokki to eat. You also brought two bubble tea drinks. You walk up to Ahna who is busy eating her lunch, "Hana, I'll be back in an hour or so. Take watch while I'm gone." "Alright, take care..where ever you're going." "Thanks, see you guys later!" You walk out through the backdoor and walk to your car. You start the engine and drive off to Byun's Company.

After a few minutes, you park your car infront of the tall building and enter inside. "Hello Miss. What can I do for you today?" the lady behind

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter