A Day With Friends

He's My One of a Kind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today's the day with your hangout with Ji-Young. "Ji-Young-ah, I'm outside of your house." From inside of your car, you look at the appearance of the house. It's small, but a comfortable kind of small. "Ne, I'm coming outside now." You spot her closing and locking the door and so you end the call. You unlock the door for her and she takes a seat on the passenger seat with you. "Alright, let's go~" You start the engine and drive towards the mall. "Unnie, where are we going again?" "The mall," "Ah okay," "Do you want to go somewhere else?" "Eh? No no, the mall is fine with me." "Come to think of it, I went to the mall last week.I'm kind of getting sick of it." You think for a while. "Zoo? Lotte World? Or do you want to walk around Seoul?" "Third suggestion is alright with me," she says. "Alrighty then. I know a good street where they hold small events and where there's various shops." You take a U-turn and drive towards the street.

The two of you reach your destination and the two of you exit the car. "Wow, I missed this place," you say with a small smile.  You went here in your high school/college days. It's a street with all kinds of things: street food, shops withl merchandise, shops with amazing food; it's basically like a little town since there's always many people who visit. You two start walking around and something catches your eye, making you laugh. "They're even advertising my restaurant here?" You let out another small laugh, "Anyways Ji-Young, tell me some things about yourself." "Huh? Me?" You nod your head with a smile. "Uhm..there's not much about me, but my name is Park Ji-Young. I'm 17 years old. I wear glasses. I attend Seoul High School. Hmmm, I l come from a middle class family. The the I love most is my family. I would say more, but my mind is dead. How about you Unnie? What are things about you?" You put your hands in your pickets, "My name is Lee, but I'm now Byun Ahna. I'm 22. I own DeliJjang. I was raised as an orphan my whole life.  Hmm, I love food and video games," you say the last part with a chuckle. "Where are your parents Unnie?" "Well, let's say they're up there," uou point to the sky, "But I have a feeling they're still alive. I'm holding up an investigation. Good news so far, but I haven't seen them yet." "Sorry to hear that Unnie...but I hope you'll be able to find them. Fighting!!" "Thanks," you say and ruffle her hair.  

"How's school? Do you get good grades?" She sighs, "Well, I'm one of the top students, but life in school is difficult since I've got no friends. Being a commoner going to a school where 98% of the students are rich is hard, but just this last year and I can go to college.  We've already done a quarter of the way, so just about 8 more months and we're done with High School." "Oh, I'm sorry to hear that.." "Nah, it's okay. I'm cool with it," she says with a smile. "So, which college do you plan on attending?" "I'm hoping to get a scholarship for Seoul University. I got into Seoul High School cause of my good grades in middle school." "Wow, I'm guessing you're super smart," you say with a chuckle. "I do hope that you get in your dream school." "Yeah, me too. I want to major something in baking because that's my favorite hobby and I want to become a baker when I grow up, like you know? Making large wedding cakes, baking pastries, doing a job that I enjoy. If i ever get enough money, I plan on making my own shop. " Hearing that makes you smile. It reminds you of when you were little. "Reach for your dreams Ji-Young. If you work hard enough and do the right things in life, it'll come true. If there's something preventing you from reaching your dream, figh it. Don't let it get in your way. Hopefully you'll remember these words Ji-Young." She looks at you and gives you a smile, "I will Unnie. Thank you." You pat her head since she's short, "You're so short, it's so cute~" you compliment. "I hate being short," she whines. Looking at her height, you're guessing she's 5'2 or 5'3, you're more than twice her height as you're 5'8. "I blame my parents for my short height," she jokes. "Being short is cute on though," you say with a chuckle.

The two of you continue talking and walking around while stopping to look at some merchandise. "How much is this Ahjumma?" Ji-Young asks as she holds up a medium sized Pororo doll. "$6.00 dear." "Alright," Ji-Young takes out her wallet and hands the lady the money. The lady places the doll in a black plastic bag and hands it to Ji-Young. "What's that for Ji-Young?" "The doll? For my brother," she says. "You have a brother? Aww that's cute. How old is he?" "He turned 5 a few months ago." You nod your head in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter