Incident

The IT Hunter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was still dark outside, the wind howled against the window of the quiet lonely house. It’s 6:00 right now, time for... school?

I quickly sat up from the bed. My brain automatically started processing through the plan of the day. I know this was kind of weird, but since I had been spying, stalking and hunting paranormal creatures for my entire life, preparing for the day had became a natural part of my life. I'm suppose to arrive to school at 8:00 am, that leaves me with 2 hours getting ready. Showering should take 15 minutes, then...

After I finished consuming my breakfast and packing up all my things. It was 7:30 am. Perfect, if it was 7:30, then I had 30 minutes to get to school, incase I forget something, I would still have enough time to come back and get it...

I put on a oversized grey hoodie that went down to my thighs. I checked one more time to make sure I had everything packed before heading out. School sounded very interesting to me. Even though I was pretty much skilled at everything, I had absolutely no prior experiences of going to school. I’ll just consider this a new learning opportunity then.

Walking down the street of a winter morning, I listened to the birds chirp on the trees and inhaled a deep breath. The chilly morning air woke me up and fueled up my body. Suddenly, I sensed a hungry and dangerous force behind me. My body tensed up, my left hand automatically found its way to my silver dagger hidden in a secret pocket in my jacket.

Slowly turning around, I saw nothing unusual in my surroundings. There was a bakery on the other side of the road, a trail leading to the park next to the sidewalk and an old grandpa dude taking a stroll. I was pretty sure I sensed something though. There had to be something hiding around here. My senses were usually correct. I had one of the best sensing ability in the Organization.

I turned my head around to double check. The grandpa dude smiled at me. I quickly turned back, not used to the friendliness he gave me. But something was not right... I paused my steps when I realized what was wrong, the smile. The smile he gave me didn’t show friendliness. Instead, it revealed lust, like a hungry beast who had just found his next meal.

I looked back again. This time, the old man seemed to be closer than last time. He wasn’t strolling anymore, he was stumbling forward, dragging his walking stick behind him. His other arm was held up in front of him, clawing at the air like it was trying to grab something.

This situation was anything but normal. That old man clearly wasn’t human. Could it possibly be IT?

First of all, it was unable to move fast. It seemed as if it was dragging itself around. Secondly, one of its arms was stuck out in front of its body while the other one was hanging on to the walking stick. Thirdly, it had a wrinkled yellowish pale face. Its eyeballs seemed as it they were popping out in contrast to his bony face. Lastly, it looked like it was interested, in me.

I couldn't believe it, it was normal zombie. Wow, a zombie. Seriously, I had my hopes up. Fine, I’ll make this quick.

I took out my dagger and broke into a sprint. Running toward it at a lightning speed. I cut through the zombie’s head with one clean strike before it had a chance to react. I watched as its head slowly slid

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter