New Mission

The IT Hunter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Snowflakes are falling from the pitch black sky, covering everything in a thin layer of white. The wind howls and pierces against the exposed skin on my face. I pull the collar of my coat closer to me. Although I am in the city, an eerie silence surrounds me, accompanied by distant whistles of the wind.

I stare at the figure kneeling in front of me.

"P-p-please don’t kill me,” it whispers as if itself can’t believe its words. “I promise I'll never hurt another human. Let me go, I-I-I’ll give you money, lots!"

Begging on its knees, its eyes flashes in an offending shade of red.

Tightly gripping its collar, I press the silver dagger against its neck. "It’s impossible to quit once you’ve drank it. Money?” I snort, “pathetic…“

Hearing my words, it starts to struggle against my grip, trying to pry free. The hideous creature shoots me a look full of fear and hatred. “You’ll regret this...” It tries to shout, but what came out is similar to a wheeze. “I’ll rip you into pieces!" It hisses, trying to get up. Its nails dig into my hands, making angry red marks on my pale skin.

Slightly annoyed by its troublesome spirit, I slash at its neck. Warm, dark liquid gushes from the wound I inflicted, trickling onto my hands. I immediately drop the corpse with clear disgust on my face. The body is still bleeding and slightly twitching. After a few seconds, it goes limp.

Sparing a last glance at the blood stained ground where the corpse lie, I wipe my dagger clean on its cotton jacket.

This mission is a whole lot simpler than I predicted. Vampires are never the hardest to slay, especially a lowly mixed blood like the one I just killed. To vampires, human blood is like a drug, addictive and dangerous. Once they experience the high, quitting is nearly impossible. Curiosity kills the cat. If this poor creature did not break the law, it would not have been killed.

I walk down the sidewalk, the bright crescent moon peeks behind the clouds in the sky, following my every step. The light flurry has stopped, the night is clear. It didn't take long for me to get back to my hideout.

Stopping in front of a small apartment on the corner of the street, I look around to make sure no one followed before I step in.

Unlocking the door to my unit, I walk in to find my inspector sitting on the couch, watching TV.

"Back already?" He greets me without looking away from the flashing screen. "You are quick."

"Are you kidding me? I'd be better off working a desk job if I can't even take down a mixed blood," I say jokingly.

"Definitely," he replys and shuts the television off before turning to me. 

My inspecter was code named Dee on a mission in America to hunt down a drug lord. Everyone thought that code name suited him, so they still call him Dee. Being an experienced Hunter, he is assigned the inspector rank, in charge of several other Hunting units nearby. He looks to be in his mid twenties, with well defined features and conceiving eyes that looks serious for one second, and teasing for another. Overall, he is a handsome man and a dependable boss.

"Now that you came back safely, I have a new mission for you."

"Nothing I can’t handle."

Dee nods, acknowledging my spirit. "I believe you. Anyways, here’s your new mission." He takes out a city map and spreads it on the table. "More than 40 victims has been found dead in this area in the past two years." He gestures to the location on the map.

"Two years, why didn’t the Organization do anything about it?" I question and furrow up my eyebrows.

Dee shakes his head. "They did, they've sent 4 Hunters and 1 Elite Hunter. The first few Hunters were found dead on the streets and alleyways. The last Hunter, w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter