Threatening Encounter

The IT Hunter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I looked at the sparkly clean floor in satisfaction as I headed to the kitchen to mop. This would be the last place in the house that I needed to clean. I was surprised by how well the stove and counters were wiped. D.O was a careful person in the kitchen, and a perfectionist, he needed to keep things orderly.

Since I had nothing to do, and plenty of free time at home, I decided to make myself useful and do what I can to help Exo. Yesterday, I mowed the lawn and clipped the tree branches, today, I cleaned the entire interior of this building.

The sound of footsteps and conversations indicated that the twelve boys were home. I quickly placed the mop in a bucket and washed my hands before heading down the stairs to greet the boys. They lined up to take off their shoes and walked inside. I jogged to them and quickly stopped them from coming inside.

"Guys, the floor is still wet, don't walk in yet," I said and gestured at the shiny tiles that I had just mopped. Suho nodded and turned around to stop the others. It was a little awkward because the group just crowded at the entrance. I sighed, "Never mind, just come in. Don't blame me if your socks get wet." Hearing my words, all the boys rushed inside.

"Oh my gosh, Abi, you cleaned the house when we weren't home?" Tao gasped and looked around.

I rolled my eyes at the panda's question. "No, the house cleaned itself." The other members chuckled, and I couldn't help but smile with them.

Sehun walked up next. "But, how can your weak body handle so much chores? Let me carry you upstairs to rest," he wailed dramatically and proceeded to pick me up with a stupid grin on his face.

I sighed as I pushed him away and shook my head, "I can't believe this is happening to me..." My life was completely chaotic ever since I began to interact with these people. Exo was a group of mysterious boys that changed my life, but most of the time, they acted like children. I felt like I was in a drama.

As the crowd of boys spread out through the building, Luhan came up to me. "Abi, are you ready for the movie?" He asked with an angelic smile.

I nodded. "Definitely, I am looking forward to the experience."

"You are so easily satisfied," Luhan teased and ruffled my hair.

I pushed his hand away. "Don't get too cocky, I'm not your pet."

"Ha ha, alright, you are my princess. Let me go get ready, we will leave soon," he said with a chuckled and hopped up the stairs. Princess?

I decided to get ready as well. I put on my jacket and was about to get my weapon before I stopped myself. Would I really need my dagger to go see a movie? Thinking about this, I hesitantly put the dagger away. Little did I know, it was a big mistake...

 

Luhan and I boarded the bus that headed to the closest movie theater. The vehicle rocked gently as it drove down the busy street. The road was packed with cars going home from work. The two of us sat by a window seat that faced the front of the bus. 

"I used to have terrible car sickness when I was a kid. Whenever there was a trip, I'd have to pack plastic bags so I wouldn't make a mess everywhere," Luhan said as his sparkly eyes gazed at me.

I laughed. "Oh really? I didn't really have carsickness when I was still training. But I do remember the first time I took the plane to Canada for a mission, I threw up on my inspector," I said as I recalled my memories from a long time ago.

"Did they scold you?" Luhan asked.

"Scold? No, they just sent me back and made me ride the plane more until I got used to it. I remember riding back and forth more than five times," I confessed and Luhan chuckled along.

"Gee, they were harsh on you. I lived with the Hunters and trained alongside with them for a year, they treated me 'nicely', but it was still insane," Luhan said. "I felt like an animal, being trained and told what to do."

I thought about it and disagreed with him. "Not really. The Organization just did their best to make us strong and help the humans. I don't mind what they have done one bit, after all, I wouldn't be here without them."

Luhan looked at me for a moment and didn't say anything to rebuttal my words. Instead, he gazed out the window and pointed to a restaurant on the side of the street. I followed his gaze and looked over as well. It was a small restaurant called The Yehet Japanese Cuisine. 

"That place has some good sushi, do you want to go there later to eat?" Luhan asked.

I nodded. "Sure, I really like sushi."

I was about to say something else when I caught someone staring at me. I didn't make eye contact with that person since it would alert them. From my peripheral view, I studied that person. She was a female with black hair pulled into a ponytail. She was wearing a dark brown jacket and black pants. As if she knew I was looking at her, she quickly turned away and got off as soon as the bus stopped.

"What's wrong?" Luhan questioned.

I shook my head and smiled. "Nothing, nothing at all."

When we arrived at our stop, Luhan stood up and I followed. Since it was winter, the sun set early. By the time we arrived at the theater, the sky was already bright orange like it was lit on fire.

Luhan and I lined up to buy the tickets to Jurassic World. It was a quite popular movie, so there were several other people in the line ahead of us. As the two of us chatted, the people who stood behind us gossiped. 

"Oh my god, that guy in the front is so cute."

"Of course, he has a pretty girlfriend with him."

"But they look adorable together! I'm jealous."

It was a group of girls behind us. They whispered so loudly that I heard everything they said. I grew a little embarrassed as I listened to their conversation. Did they think Luhan and I were dating? Luhan, who stood by my side, nudged my arm and smirked at me. I groaned and shoved him gently. He just smiled cheekily at me.

"What you you smiling at?" I questioned.

"Nothing, nothing," the boy replied and chuckled.

"Very funny, we look so cute together," I said sarcastically, earning another laugh from him.

Luhan stared at me teasingly. "Abi, are you shy?"

I glared at him. "I am not shy. But come on, we aren't even together."

"But we are soul mates," Luhan responded which immediately shu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter