Help

The IT Hunter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was standing in pure darkness as fear began to soak through me in its poisonous nectar. I was cold, afraid, and alone. Gradually, my world brightened up, little by little as I could make out the contours of my surroundings. When I came to be, the scene in front of me made my eyes widen. I covered my mouth with my hand as I screamed internally. 

By my foot lay a young woman, her facial features too destroyed to be recognized. Her clothes was what made me recognize her. She was Hunter 16, whom I was pursuing in search of the truth. As I glanced around, I noticed that my own hand was coated in a fresh layer of blood. Everything began to come back to me. I immediately dropped on my knee as the disturbing memory began to play in my mind. Hunter 16 was murdered so brutally, and I was the one who did it.

I was Turning.

Trying my best to stay in control of my trembling legs, I reached out and gripped onto the jacket 16 wore before dragging her dead body away from the murder site. After weighing my choices, I decided to hide the body for now and get help. I ended up dumping the body in a near by trash can and closed the steel lid tightly. I was a murderer. 

My only source of clues was gone, and I blamed myself. All I could think about was 16's half body, twisted and beaten, bleeding to the ground. Her destroyed features lingered in my mind. I felt sick. Suddenly, a wave of nauseousness swept over me. I tear up and clenched my teeth which only make the urge to vomit even stronger. 

I couldn't hold back anymore, I barfed on the ground in a sobbing mess. The pain returned as my stomach contracted and pulsed. My heart pounded inside my heart as my body hurt in a way worse than burning in hell. I forced myself to stand up and walk to a fairly well concealed alleyway where I slouched to the ground. 

Every time my heart pounded, a sharp pain follows the rhythm and stabs my body. My chest heaved up and down, my vision was once again getting blurry, and a loud buzz sounded in my ears. I curled up into a ball with my head placed between my tucked up legs. I prayed that the unbearable pain would pass by quickly. I had never experienced any type of pain more harsh than that occurred to me in the past week. 

Suddenly, my phone that still sat in my pocket vibrated. I inhaled a deep breath and reached for my phone.

"Hello?" I said through my jagged breath caused by the pain that never stopped.

There was a pause before a familiar voice greeted me. "Abi, I'm so glad you are safe. Please come back to us, we can sort things out and help you. We mean no harm, I swear!" Luhan exclaimed loudly through the speakers.

For some reason, his words sounded so reassuring to me. But after the crime I had committed, how could I possibly face the members of Exo and let them help me? 

"Are you still there? Abi, just come back, we are all so worried about you."

His voice suddenly sounded too far away. The buzz in my ears grew louder. I began to tremble as cold sweat formed in my blood stained hands. "No, Luhan, it's too late. I can't go back..." My vision blurred and things were gradually growing darker. It was then I realized how cold I was, it seemed as if my life was being drained out by the harsh winter winds that cut across my cheeks. 

"Abi, what happened? Talk to me!"

"Luhan... I... I killed..." My strength was going away, my hand grew heavy. "Killed her... I killed..."

"Are you okay? Speak to me, Abi."

"I'm... Sorry."

Before I could say anything else, my consciousness had once again slipped away.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter