Mysterious Warning

The IT Hunter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Time passed by pretty quickly with people around me to keep me company. Tuesday slipped by with no problems and I finally had a peaceful day of studying at school and interacted more with the students. Exo kept me by their side during lunch time, and we walked together after school. I was surprised that no girls had slit my throat yet.

Wednesday morning, I woke up to the first ray of sunshine that crept through the curtains. The blanket was warm and fluffy and my body was a little sore. I didn't want to get up but forced myself to do so. I mentally scolded myself for living such an easy life the past week. I seemed to be losing my strict Hunter habits that was supposed to be engraved into my soul. 

When I stepped out from my room and into the washroom to wash up, I almost gasped out loud. Instead seeing myself in the oversized hoodie I normally wore as pajamas, I was fully dressed in my grey sweater and black tights. 

I blinked several times to make sure I wasn't hallucinating and ran a finger down the textured fabric of my sweater. To my horror, it was real, I was changed out of my pajamas. I leaned close to the mirror and noticed a smudge of black across my cheeks. What happened? Someone must have done something to me during the night that I was unaware of. I didn't wash my face but ran down the stairs.

D.O, as usual, was operating the kitchen along with Suho. They were both surprised to see me. Before they said anything, I walked up and grabbed Suho by the collar. "What did you guys do last night?" I questioned in a threatening tone.

Suho froze and D.O quickly rushed over to his side. "What are you talking about, Abi?" D.O asked and tried to pull me back.

I shrugged him off and glared at the two. "I woke up dressed like this with dirt on my face. Just admit it, what did you guys do to me?" 

They looked at my face closely and shook their head in confusion. "We didn't do anything, I promise. Everybody was sound asleep last night. But we can ask them later. But I can ensure you that we mean no harm at all," Suho said and I slowly released his collar, he immediately stepped away.

When everyone woke up, Suho called all the members over for a meeting. I explained basically what I woke up to this morning and they all just stared blankly at me. None of them had any idea what happened, but here was a great chance that they were lying to me. I didn't let my defense down but just nodded along.

"Abi, did you forget to change and wash your face last night?" Chen suggested.

I considered his words and shook my head. "No, I remember clearly that I washed up and showered before I went to bed. It must be someone else who did something to me. But this morning, my face was dirty and I was changed out of my sleep wear."

Luhan stepped up. "Abi, did you find any scars, or marks, or any clues on your body this morning?"

I told them to wait for a moment before heading upstairs to check. I quickly stripped out of my clothes and examined my body all over but found nothing out of the norm. I hopped back downstairs and told them that I didn't find anything. 

"Does this mean some thing has found our house and broke the barrier?" Baekhyun said with fear in his voice. The others paused and looked at him. I gulped.

Kris was the one who broke the silence. "It's okay everyone, no need to panic. We have thirteen people living in here, and we each have powers. Just stay in a small group at all time and nothing will happen," he said and tried to calm things down. The others agreed. After this matter was discussed through, we headed for school.

 

Once we arrived at school, there were already plenty of other students crowded in the hallways. I headed to my first period class which was math class. Sitting down and putting my things down, I saw Luhan also walking in. As usual, the girls all looked at him and giggled. I chuckled and turned away from him, secretly wishing he wouldn't come over to me. 

"Abi, I'm sitting here," Luhan's voice said and I heard the chair being pushed.

I stared at him, "Okay."

"How are you enjoying school so far?" Luhan asked with a smile.

I shrugged, "It's fun I guess. Not as hard as I thought. Man, these students sure have it easy."

"Of course, not everyone live like you do. I mean, there aren't many cruel places worse than the Organization," Luhan said in a somewhat bitter voice.

I raised my eyebrows at him. What did he mean by that. But before I could dig further into the question, the bell rang and the teacher walked in. Everyone shushed and the school day official began.

We did mainly reviews in class. There was supposedly a math test on Friday, but since we didn't attend school yesterday, we didn't hear about it. By the end of class, the teacher once again reminded us about the test on Friday and I was sure then. It wouldn't be hard for me to A's it, so therefore I didn't need to study so much. 

The event this morning was still in my mind. I couldn't shake off the bad feeling from my body. Although Kris said it would be okay if we stayed in a group, but was it really true? I decided to keep my guard up around everyone at school.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter