Making memories: Amusement Park Confession

The IT Hunter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This morning was a surprise, I woke up when 4 boys jumped onto my bed. The mattress shook violently, and the heavy weight of full grown male bodies pressed me down.

I jerked up, alerted by the sudden assault and threw all four of them down, literally.

Sehun, Kai, Luhan, and Suho, the four boys laughed and wiggled up from the floor.

I looked at them and felt my heart thrashing against my ribcage, from shock as well as intimation. “What the hell are you guys doing?” I yelled and pulled my blanket up around me, and for the first time, I didn’t reach for my dagger.

"Good morning Abi, we came to wake you up,” Suho answered calmly as if nothing had happened. I let out a sigh and shook my head in disappointment.

“Wow, I can’t believe you actually took part in this immature act. I thought you were supposed to be the grandmother of all your kids.”

My words brought giggles out of the others’ mouths. Sehun and Tao began to make fun of the leader. "Haha, Suho, we told you that you act like an old person, always so slow and nag so much!”

I suddenly remembered something. "Luhan!" 

The angelic boy stopped and looked at me. "Yes Abi?"

I pulled him to my side. "Dude, weren't you sleeping beside me last night? How are you jumping on my bed with them in the morning?"

"I'm sorry, I had to excuse myself during the night. Being so close to you, I'm afraid I can't hold back," he replied with a smirk. 

I shot him a look. "What do you mean you can't hold back?"

Luhan wiggled his eyebrows. "You know what I mean."

I smacked him. 

I headed to the washroom. I quickly washed my face and brushed my teeths. When I finished, I went back to change out of my pajamas. The four boys stood by my room door with a bright smile on their faces. I nodded at them and said good morning. However, they didn’t move away from my path.

I walked up to the boys and stared at them. “People, I need to get changed, please allow me to pass,” I said and paused, noticing the excitement in their eyes. “What is it?”

Kai spoke first. “Abi, we are going to the amusement park today!” I paused, a bit taken aback by the sudden words. The others nodded along in excitement as Kai continued to speak. “So, please get ready soon! We’ll be catching the bus at ten."

"Hold up, hold up,” I tilted my head in confusion. "Where are we going?"

"The amusement park.”

"What do we do there?”

"We go on rides, play around, and have fun!”

The look of skepticism filled my face. "And why are we doing that?"

Suho held up his hand to shush everyone before turning to me. "Sorry for the surprise Abi, let me explain properly. We realized that you’ve been with us for quite a while now, you’ve done so much to help us and other people. You put up with all of our lies and still managed to stay close. We really appreciate it, thank you. I want to say that-"

"Cut the speech already, old man," Kai interrupted with a smirk. Suho glared at him.

Luhan stepped up. "You've been caged up for a long time, I doubt you've ever been to an amusement park. So, today, the five of us want to take you there. So, why don’t you hurry and get ready? Breakfast will be served in a few minutes."

I nodded, overwhelmed by their words, and just a little bit moved by their behavior.

Because of the news, I decided to wear something nice. After all, it was the first trip I would be going on with Exo, I wanted to make some good memories. I quickly got dressed and brushed my hair. Instead of making a ponytail that was efficient for combat, I decided to leave my hair down (which made me realize that my hair was growing quite long).

At the table, steaming hot buns were served by D.O. I dug in and munched on delicious food. While eating, I noticed that a lot of the members were still in their pajamas.

I poked Xiumin, who sat next to me, wearing his light blue polka dotted pajamas. "Hey, you should get ready soon. The bus is coming at 10:00, isn't it?”

Xiumin looked at me for a moment, and then broke into a gentle smile. “You are going to the amusement park today, and yes, the bus comes around 10:00. Unfortunately, I won’t be coming along, it’s only Suho, Sehun, Kai, and Luhan that’s going.”

I was surprised. “Really? I thought we were going together.”

The cute hamster boy chuckled. “Allow me to let you in on a secret.” I looked at him in curiosity. He shuffled closer and leaned to my ear. I wanted to back away but restrained myself. "We decided to split into groups to take you out. Sehun was a cry baby and begged to take you first. Tomorrow you’ll be going out with Kris, Tao, Lay, and Chen. I’m not sure where they plan to take you, but you should look forward to it,” Xiumin whispered with a delighted smile. 

I nodded and remained a neutral expression, but my heart was flooded with gratefulness and excitement. “Thank you, Xiumin.”

I was told not to bring my dagger because we will get our bags checked, but I had my way of doing things. I placed my dagger in its leather sheath and tucked it by my left rib. I then bonded it there to hold it in place. It was how I always concealed my weapon. When I threw a white hoodie over it, no one could possibly find it. When everybody was ready to go, we headed out.

 

The air was cool, and the sun shone brightly in the clear blue sky. I stretched and looked around the neighborhood. Although there were no other residences around, this place was slowly beginning to grow home like.

A small smile surfaced from my face when I remembered my first trip here. I was held captive by Lay and was forced to stay.

The bus trip was quite long. Several other passengers on the bus had earbuds in and was scrolling through their phone. I sat next to the window, and Suho took the spot beside me. Behind us was Sehun and Kai. Luhan was alone, in front of me. The bus rocked gently down the busy morning street. It was a work day, for workers as well as students.

"I can’t believe you guys are skipping school for this trip,” I commented, earning a few chuckles from the others

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter