Blood Stained Hands

The IT Hunter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was one sleepless night for me after listening to Exo's conversation. To keep staying with them and make sure no suspicions arise, I decided to pretend nothing was wrong. The chances for them to do me harm was low, but if they were to do something, I would be prepared.

My dagger was placed underneath my pillow. 

It was Saturday. I woke up earlier than usual since I didn't feel safe sleeping in this residence anymore. With today being a day off from the school, I decided to go back to my place and do some light training. I had been slacking lately with my exercises and combat practice. Also, I needed some time to get away from the twelve males and think things through. 

Their conversation still echoed in my mind. Who was the 'he' they talked about? What did they mean by he was as good as dead? Nothing made sense at this point.

After getting up from the bed and going brushing my teeth, I quickly got dressed and packed my things I would need for the day. 

Walking down the stairs, I came to a roomful of people, all twelve of them chatting and goofing around in the living room. D.O and Suho, as usual, were in the kitchen, cooking, and a delicious smell filled the room. I paused in my tracks and Luhan noticed me first. 

"Hey Abi, what are you doing for today?" The innocent looking boy asked.

I wasn't in the mood to joke with him, and I understood perfectly well that they weren't what they seemed to be. To cover up my true emotions, I plastered a smile over my face and greeted him. "Nothing much, I just wanted to go back to my station and train a little. You guys have fun, I should get going now."

Luhan quickly stopped me and the other members looked at me. "Abi, let's hang out together for today okay? We can go to the mall and shop," he said brightly and flashed a angelic smile.

My suspicion grew even more. "Are you trying to stop me from going back home?" I questioned with a hint of threat in my voice. 

The others seemed to be rather afraid of my words. Luhan swallowed and paused for a moment before speaking. "Abi, you might be in danger if you go back. Let us stay with you. Remember what Kris said? Never go out alone, especially when there is a psychopath killer out there."

I considered his words and nodded. There had been quite a few incidents going on in recently. I decided to stay with them because I knew they wouldn't want to harm me as much as IT would.

"Okay then."

As soon as those words came out of my mouth, the boys sighed in relief.

Not long after, D.O brought warm breakfast to the table and everyone took their seats. Today, we had hash browns and pancakes.

As we sat down by the table for food, Luhan took the seat beside me. I didn't mind him at first, but he stared at me, making me uncomfortable under his gaze. I quickly ate my food in discomfort. Suddenly, with a slight smile, he placed another pancake onto my plate. I stopped and looked at him in surprise. He just shrugged and patted my head.

What was this boy thinking?

Around us, Tao and Kris snickered at the actions between Luhan and I. And for the first time in my life, I felt embarrassed. Sure, I had been assigned to seduce politicians, millionaires, or even celebrities before, but this was the first time I felt my cheek going warm because of a boy. Sehun shot a dirty look at Luhan. I uncomfortably chewed my food and swallowed.

"Abi, are you ready to pay for the movie?" Luhan teased me with a smile. He was talking about our bet for the math test we made yesterday. The loser had to pay for the winner when we go see Jurassic World. 

I looked at him. "I am not going to lose. So if you really can't pay, I'm sure your buddies will spare you some change when we go to the theater."

"You know it'll be the two of us, right?" Luhan said and cocked his head. I stared at him in surprise but didn't say anything. The boy laughed and continued eating. There was no way I could enjoy a movie with these people. They weren't allies that I could trust.

When we finished, all the members went to pack their things, leaving Sehun standing in the kitchen. Why, you ask? Because it was Sehun's turn to do the dishes. The young fellow groaned as he stared at the piled up plates in front of him.

"Sehun, hurry up, we don't want to miss our bus!" Suho yelled from the washroom.

"Okay okay, but someone has to help me with the dishes! There is a mountain size of dishes here," Sehun whined as he turned the tap on and looked around. Then, the tall boy turned his gaze to me. With puppy eyes, he began to beg, "Abi, can you please please please help me with all these dishes? The poor little me won’t be able to handle all this."

I looked at him coldly and was about to deny him when something in my heart softened. Although I was in a terrible mood, I sighed and went over to Sehun. "Fine, I’ll make this quick..."

With that said, I scrubbed the dishes silently while Sehun watched me happily, doing nothing.

"Why aren’t you helping? This isn’t my chore" I snapped and attempted to flick water onto his face. To my surprise, a gust of wind suddenly blew the water drops back at me.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter