The Change

The IT Hunter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I walked down the road with no particular destination in mind. I was about to collapse, I never felt so confused in my life. Just like 16 told me, Exo knew everything that was about to happen but just stood on the side to watch as I struggled. What could they possibly want from me? Why did they want me to stay with them in the first place?

During the conversation I had with Exo, there was one topic that I didn't dare to think back on. When Luhan told me that all Hunters would eventually Turn, I worried about my own Turning. They said Dee was a Turned Hunter, stationed there to eliminate the pre-Turning Hunters. Since I was sent on the mission to slay IT, which was Dee, did the Organization try to dispose of me because I was pre-Turning?

As I trailed down the path, I decided the best thing to do at the moment was to find a connection to the Organization. I needed to hear both sides of the story. It would be difficult to determine who was telling the truth. One of the choices I had was to go back directly to the Organization, but I would be put at a high risk of being killed. Another choice for me was to tag Hunter 16 from the Organization and have a little chat with her.

The only way I could possibly get to her was to predict her next location and wait. I was almost certain she would be near the local Organization headquarters. I had the basic knowledge about Hunter 16. She was ranked average for combat, but her IQ and her ability to investigate was far above average, she fought with her mind. 

I journeyed for twenty miles during the day at a constant pace. I was geared up pretty lightly, and my physical shape was better than ever.

When the lone building of the Organization's headquarters came into view, I stopped. Getting too close would be a terrible idea, especially when there were probably Hunters on guard.

Carefully concealing my presence, I surveyed the area to find a couple of Hunters roaming around. The sun was about to set, and chilly wind gusted against my cheeks. I looked at the headquarters and let out a sigh. How did things change so drastically?

The night was quickly approaching, and darkness soon fell upon my surroundings, I decided that I should take shelter on a tree, high up so I had the advantage of noticing any threat. A tall cedar tree stood at the perfect spot, not far from where I was currently hiding. It was the perfect place to settle. Without any hesitation, I approached the tree and studied it carefully. Cedar trees were safe to climb, but because of its bark, it was a noisy tree as well. Even in the winter, its branches were still full, and the green was able to conceal me. 

Sitting on a branch near the middle of the tree, I relaxed my body and decided to get some shut eye. That instant, something stir inside me, it was an unpleasant feeling. I ignored it.

For the hundredth time, I thought about the events that just happened. I reached a conclusion that satisfied my mind.

If Exo was hiding everything from me since the beginning, there was a great chance that they lied to me about the Organization as well. They might be manipulating me. Thinking about this, I calmed down. My doubt and anger toward the Organization lessened. As long as the Organization was innocent, I would return and work for them. 

Suddenly, my phone vibrated in my sweater pocket. I dug out the device. There was no caller ID since it was a new phone. I picked it up. I kept silent and waited for the other person to speak first.

"Hello? Abi?" A familiar voice greeted, it was Luhan.

I paused for a moment, immediately regretting my decision to pick up the phone. "What?" I said in a whisper.

"We need to speak to you, we're truly sorry for what we have done. Please, meet us in the park at 10:00 pm tonight. We'll explain everything to you."

I didn't think twice before hanging up on that boy. I had my own plans set out, and I didn't wouldn't let any outside force influence my decisions. I once again felt something tingle in my body, it rushed around my body, pumping in my blood. I felt a strange stir inside of me. Fear crept through my mind, but I bit my lower lip and shook it away.

The pain followed almost immediately after, and it was intense. Waves of pain occurred across my body. I clenched my teeth and shut my eyes. It felt as if a blender was shoved inside my body. I felt my i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter