Slaughter

The IT Hunter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Warning: Gore and violence

I slept on the tree as the night passed. The pain didn't reoccur again that night. When dawn arrived, I forced my body to wake up. I stood and stretched my cramped limbs. I never enjoyed sleeping in trees, but some other Hunters I knew actually did. Sleeping on a tree was very tiring,I had to constantly keep myself in check every few hours or so to make sure I wouldn't fall.

Shielding my eyes from the sunshine of the rising sun, I gazed out into the distance. The sky was bright orange. It seemed as if the entire world is waking up.

In the direction of the Organization building, I spotted multiple Hunters roaming around. Around this time, they were heading out to work. To my surprise, I had already spotted Hunter 16 walking down the road, along with a few other Hunters whom I did not recognize.

I had made up my mind to question Hunter 16, after all, she was the one who informed me about various things about Exo that I had never suspected before. She was the one who changed my opinion which led me here.

I put my hood up and tucked my hair away before concealing my Hunter aura. I had always been skilled at tailing my enemy. But I needed to be extra careful this time. There were other Hunters gathered around in a close range. If anyone found out about me, I'd be dead meat. 

When the Hunters began to split out and spread out, I let out a sigh or relief. It would be easy for me to deal with Hunter 16, she wasn't as skilled in combat compared to me. From all the observations I made so far, she was sent to gather something, whether it was clue or specimen. 

I waited until we had reached an area where we were isolated from humans. It was a small dirt road alleyway in between two rundown buildings that no one had inhabited for the past couple of years. It was a good time for me to start my interrogation. 

Behind the corners of a building, I hid and held my dagger tightly in my hand. Purposely, I kicked a little rock on the ground. Hunter 16 froze in her tracks and turned around. I pulled away behind the corner of the wall and waited for her to approach. When she came close and her gaze met mine, I immediately leaped on her and knocked her to the ground. 

She let out a gasp and tried to get up, I held her firmly on the ground. I expected her kick that aimed for my lower body and dodged it hastily. Before she was able to make another move, I presses my dagger against her neck. 

She stopped struggling and looked into my eyes. A smiled surfaced on her face. "Nice to see you again, 14." I looked at her coldly and pressed the weapon harder against her tender neck. I could draw blood if I wanted to, and I made sure she knew that. "Let me guess, you are here to question me once again. Am I right?" She asked and her eyes flashed.

I nodded and released her a little. "I just have some questions to ask you. Regarding Exo, and the Organization."

"Go for it. I'll answer what I can." She agreed so calmly that it surprised me.

"During our last meeting, you told me things about Exo. And it turned out they were partially true," I stated and 16 nodded.

She held her hand up and gestured for me to keep away as she proceeded to stand back up. I kept my eyes on all of her movement to make sure she wouldn't play dirty. Once she stood, she spoke. "Did Exo tell you something about us that made you suspect the Organization?"

16 saw through me right away. "No wonder you are ranked 16th," I added and acknowledged her intelligence. "They did, and that is why I'm here. I need you clear up some things for me. Please refrain yourself from telling lies, tell me what you know."

"What do you want to know?"

"Is it true that the Organization knew Dee had Turned and stationed him to kill other pre-turning Hunters?"

The Hunter looked at me for a moment as if she was debating whether to tell me the truth or not. She shuffled on the spot. "That is indeed the truth. But as a fellow Hunter, you should understand the motives behind this. Once a Hunter turns, people are going to die. This is a way to get rid of them before they kill more innocent people."

"Okay." I agreed with her answer, it was comprehensible, and it didn't make the Organization bad in anyway.

By then, the sun was up and the sky was clear. The wind from last night died down and there was an eerie silence lingering in the air. There was no sign of human presence anywhere near us. Suddenly, a crow squawked above our heads.

"If you wouldn't mind, I have another question. 16 nodded and gestured for me to continue. "I was told that Turning isn't a rare condition, in fact, all Hunters will eventually Turn. Why didn't the Organization tell us the truth?"

16 looked a little startled for a second, but she kept her cool. "This is an interesting question. I don't know about this at all. Did Exo tell you that all Hunters will Turn?" I nodded. "Interesting... If that is the truth, the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter