Easy Monday

The IT Hunter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After forming an alliance with Exo, they persuaded me to stay with them for now. It was better for me to get to know them, and it also made sharing information a lot more easier. Today was Monday, which meant a school day. But since I woke up after lunch time, none of us went to school. I was guessing the reason the males didn't go to school was to keep watch of me. Of course they couldn't trust me.

After the small talk we had, I still had loads of questions to ask. But prior to the question asking, I had been gone for three days without contacting the Organization. I needed to reach them now. However, Exo still had my phone and my weapons. I sighed and decided to get my things back.

Walking down the stairs quietly, I scanned around the empty staircase. Then, I headed to the living room to find Tao sitting on the couch and watching television. "Where did you guys put my phone?" I said.

Tao flinched at my sudden appearance and jumped up from the couch. Staring at me with intense eyes, he breathed out, "Gosh, you scared to crap out of me... Why are you-" he opened his mouth to continue to speak, but after seeing the glare I was sending him, he immediately shut up.

Kai walked out from the kitchen and noticed the intense atmosphere between us. He quickly came up to me and smiled nervously. "Abi... what are you doing with Tao?" He asked, pulling me away from the living room.

"Where’s my phone?" I asked coldly and stared into Kai's eyes.

Kai wiggled uncomfortably under my gaze, "Um, Luhan said to keep it away from you for now, you can use our home phone if you like," he replied, nervously playing with his fingers.

I suddenly wanted to laugh after seeing Kai like this, was he that scared of me? "Calm down. I’m not going to eat you or anything," I said and tried my best to soften my expression without smiling too fake. Kai looked at me weirdly and returned a smile. "Now tell me where my phone is," I said again.

"But Luhan told us not to let you have it..." He said. Maybe I still sounded too mean, because Kai was tensed up again.

"I see, okay."

"Really?" He asked loudly in surprise, I looked at him in confusion. "I thought you would beat me until I confess," Kai said and chuckled.

"No way, what makes you think that?" I asked. I didn't understand, why did they think so poorly of my behavior. It was true I had tortured people before, but I certainly did not enjoy it.

Kai stared at me for a moment, then placed his hand on my shoulder, "You are still too innocent... By the way, if you are going to use the house phone, you should know that it is monitored twenty four seven by Lay."

I almost choked. "Wait, your home phone is monitored?"

Kai shrugged, "It wasn't until you moved in."

I nodded and headed to the phone set. It looked like Exo still didn't trust me at all. Although they all seem very nice, they actually had a sense of suspicion after all. I picked the phone up and dialed Dee's number. After a few rings, someone picked it up. I didn't feel comfortable speaking knowing that my conversation will be heard by Lay.

"This is 14 speaking," I said, being careful not to reveal Dee's name to Exo.

No one spoke for a few seconds, all I heard was loud breathing. Then finally, Dee spoke. "Good to hear your voice, 14. I had been to trying to reach you for the past two days. What happened to you? And what is this number you are calling from?"

I paused, unsure about what to say next. Was this the real Dee? I honestly had no clue but decided to go along. There was no way I could tell the difference. Now, I should report everything to him. "I have formed an alliance with the twelve males. They seem to know some things about IT. They aren’t our enemy so I request to cancel my current mission to capture them," I said boldly, this was the first time I had ever suggested an idea to the Organization.

"Cancel the mission? I believe it is a better choice too. 14, did your mission to kidnap them fail?" Dee questioned.

"Yes it did. Right now I am still safe and alive under their care. Nothing will happen to my safety. I don't think capturing them is a good idea. We should work together. The privacy here is more than great. They know everything that is happening and at the same time, no one suspect

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter