Making Memories: Art Gallery

The IT Hunter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was day three, and finally, I was able to get up normally.

This morning, my internal alarm clock woke me up, ten to seven, which was not that early. I opened my eyes and sat up. Today was another day for me to travel, with Xiumin, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and D.O.

I stood to open the curtains, letting in rays of morning sunshine that immediately brightened the room. Following my regular morning routine, I headed to the washroom to wash my face and brush my teeth, and then changed into my day clothes.

Just when I was in the midst of putting my hair into a loose ponytail, someone knocked on my bedroom door.

“Come in,” I said as I pulled my hair through the elastic loop and ran my fingers through my bangs.

The door opened, and Xiumin poked his head inside. “Oh, you are already awake,” he said with a friendly grin.

I nodded and walked towards him. He was dressed up nicely in a grey turtleneck sweater and black skinny jeans. His hair looked soft, sitting neatly on his head. I was taken aback by how attractive he was. Now that I looked at him closely, he looked like the perfect gentleman.

“Abi?”

I quickly shifted my gaze to his face, cursing myself for being attracted to him so much.

“So, what’s the plan for today?”

He smiled gently and stared into my eyes. “We thought it is a good idea to go to the art museum. A good change from the active places they others took you to. What do you say?”

“Sounds great! I really enjoy taking time to admire artworks.”

 

After breakfast, the others left for school, all the people that was left in the house included Xiumin, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and D.O. I realized that I wasn’t as close to this group compared to the other groups. I never really hung out with them as much as I did with Luhan. Today would be a great opportunity for me to get to know them better.

Xiumin volunteered to do the dishes and clear the table. I insisted to help, but the others dragged me away.

“Learn to rest Abi, let Xiumin do it,” Baekhyun chirped as he sat down on the sofa, dragging me down with him.

I sighed and shifted in the seat. “Xiumin is such a nice person… Now that I think about it, he’s always been helping me.”

D.O nodded along. “Yes, Xiumin is the most mature and responsible one in our group. He’s even more mature than grandpa suho.”

“I heard that! That didn’t even sound like a compliment!” From the kitchen, Xiumin yelled and we all chuckled.

Chanyeol smiled. “Would Xiumin be your ideal type?” I shot him a questioning look for the suddeness.

“Hm…” I thought for a moment. “He’d make a very great older brother. It’s nice to have Xiumin take care of me, I guess.”

The boys laughed. “He wouldn’t be happy if he hears this.”

I rolled my eyes at their implication.

 

~~~~

 

Today, we boarded the subway instead of taking the city bus. The art museum is located in the heart of the city, where an abundance of subway stations sprawled. It was convenient.

The boys gave me tokens to board the subway. As we entered the station, we walked down sets of stairs that led to the underground trains. It was a lot more crowded than I expected, perhaps because it was rush hours where people are getting to work and heading to school.

Followed by a loud series of ringing sound, the subway arrived. The door opened, revealing a subway full of passengers. We squeezed in, but of course, there was nowhere to sit. I held onto a handle that dangled from the poles, and the four boys formed a box around me, putting me in the middle.

I faced Chanyeol, and being so close to him made me realize just how tall he was. If I were to fight him barehanded one on one, he might give me a hard time. I looked up to see his face, and coincidentally, he looked down at the same time. “Just a few more stops, and we’ll be at the art museum,” he said with a smile.

 

We walked up the stairs that led to the exit of the subway station. The sun was shining so brightly that I was forced to squint before my eyes adjusted. Skyscrapers towered high into the sky, billboards flashed on the commercial buildings. Crowds of people and vehicles traveled along the busy streets. Not far, I spotted a very large, peculiar themed architecture.

“Look, that’s the art museum, do you see it?” Baekhyun pointed towards that building.

“Yeah I see it!” Chanyeol shouted rather loudly, earning a displeased look from D.O.

Baekhyun playfully shoved Chanyeol. “Bro, I was asking Abi!” The tall boy grinned apologetically.

Xiumin went to purchase the tickets for us, and when we all had a ticket, we lined up to enter the art museum.

The main hall was grand and exciting, displaying several large scul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter